Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 9:13 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 8:52 pm

» Miscellaneous Images 2024
Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 8:21 pm

» Hello new here
Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 5:38 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Looking to buy 2x RC tankz I_vote_lcapLooking to buy 2x RC tankz I_voting_barLooking to buy 2x RC tankz I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Looking to buy 2x RC tankz I_vote_lcapLooking to buy 2x RC tankz I_voting_barLooking to buy 2x RC tankz I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

Looking to buy 2x RC tankz

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yaxx
Recruit

Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Empty
PostSubject: Looking to buy 2x RC tankz   Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 12:14 pm

Hello everyone! Glad I found this amazing forum with tons of useful info about rc tanks:)

SO as title says I am looking to buy 2x rc tanks! both have to be ready to run! SInce it's my 1st steps in to rc tank world would prefer to have all I need to run them! I do have lipo charger and lipos tho... (I am into rc offroad racing for years)

I don't really care atm what models but prefer as heavy as possible! To have that tank feel Very Happy 20Lb+ and with turrets! Like tiger I, II, panther... Is there IS3 rc tank? 

Will meet to make cash deal or trade! I have high end Axial XR10, Wraith, onroad cars, off road rc buggies and sct if interested etc...
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy 2x RC tankz   Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi Yaxx, and welcome! If I may offer, why don't you come out to our battleday on the 13th and you will meet the guys and get some touchie feelie with the tanks that may help you with your choices. Sounds to me like you are looking for all metal. I know Curtis from Immortal Hobbies had the new Taigen all metal King Tiger at the last meet so if you want big and heavy that's a good place to start! LOL!

Again, welcome, and hope to see you out...

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy 2x RC tankz   Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 1:30 pm

When you say "ready to run" are looking to IR battle or something to kick around the yard?

Also do you have a budget in mind? These can vary in prices, depending on what your looking for.

But Dean is right, if you can wait and are able to make it to our Battleday in September you be able to see many different options that are available. This way you can get a better feel of what you are looking for. Plus there is always someone looking to sell a tank to fund their next project.

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy 2x RC tankz   Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 6:40 pm

It takes a dedicated whacko to build a 20 pound tank Wink Trust me I know a couple!!

It's good you have R/c experience that takes most of the learning curve out of this hobby. 2S lipos will run in R/c tanks but their bonuses aren't something we need. I prefer NiMH but that's really up to the driver.

There is an IS-3 kit! It's a bit of a challege and it helps to know your r/c parts. Are you able to make the monthly meets??

Yaxx
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy 2x RC tankz   Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 8:46 pm

Thanks guys for welcoming:)

You all right and I agree with all recommendation! I will try to come on 13th!

But I want tank and that's solid! I prefer to buy from begging right brand tank! It's cheaper to pay $200 more but save in long run $1000! You can buy Redcat sct 4x4 for $200! I bought Tekno sct410 for $1000! Best spent money ever. So not trying to buy best and cheap ( don't exist)

But not looking to buy $500 new tank if I don't even know how much I will get in to...
I am looking for BB(airsoft) tanks. Just to mess around in forest with kid and other kid(me) As I know convert to IR is no problemo if i decide to join battles later on...

SO if you guys have spare tank to sell/rent.

P.S. cant wait 2 weeks for meet up... I am so ready to have one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy 2x RC tankz   Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 7:41 am

Hope to see you!

Once you get radio gear sorted out, and batteries / charger, adding tanks to your collection is easy for less than $500. 

Taigen tanks are a good deal, with a few models with metal hulls / wheels / tracks and are enjoyed by lots of our club members. the KV-1 is a good example of a strong runner right out of the box.

BattleArmor
Private
BattleArmor

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy 2x RC tankz   Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 9:02 am

Mato sell an Airsoft Panther or KV1, and they are less the $140.  The exposure you get with those will let you know if you like this hobby or not.  If you like it you can turn it into a Taigen with metal upgrades.   This will ultimately cost you more then if you would have bought A Taigen to begin with, but you are risking less money up front.

The whole factory 2.4 gHz stuff isn't worth the powder to blow it up in my opinion.  IF you select a tank with  Crystals ( RX18) you could upgrade with the DBC3.

If you go the Clark route you will be tossing the entire 2.4 gHz stuff as well.  So if you think you might like to try IR battling, I would suggest staying away from the factory 2.4 gHZ stuff.  I think RCTA make something, but by the time you add all the necessary modules you might as well buy a Clark and a HK T6A radio.  Less then $50 for a 6 channel 2.4 ghz radio and receiver.  I recommend this radio for tanks to anyone who will listen.  Channel 5 and 6 are proportional, and the radio is fully programmable through your computer with a USB interface.  Servo control of the bbl elevation, turret rotation, and even servo recoil are possible through this radio,

Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy 2x RC tankz   Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 10:09 pm

Yaxx  send me a pm with what you want, I own Immortalhobbies.com a tank specific site. try to be specific with your needs, getting a 20 lb monster is harder than you think especially if you try to build it for less than $500 metal parts add up quickly.
at the least I can work out something for you to look at, heck I may even take a boo at some of your vehicles, i been wanting to build something that is not tank for a little bit.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy 2x RC tankz   Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Freaky does awesome work i would say go with him!!

PostSubject: Re: Looking to buy 2x RC tankz   Looking to buy 2x RC tankz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking to buy 2x RC tankz

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: The Quartermaster's Depot :: Looking to Buy-