Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Miscellaneous Images 2024
Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 10:26 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Hello new here
Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark I_vote_lcapMato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark I_voting_barMato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark I_vote_lcapMato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark I_voting_barMato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Empty
PostSubject: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 5:59 am

So Clark posted this video about an hour ago and he mentions a ready-to-run version that's compatible with Tamiya. It's not in writing but looks like Mato has gone ahead and bundled Clark boards with their tanks. Yip!

Check out the other Sherman videos from this youtube user, uploaded in the last week.

BattleArmor
Private
BattleArmor

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 9:38 am

This video is posted on you tube, but are you sure it is by Clark.

I know Mato has been working on new electronics as they have a 2.4 Ghz hobby grade radio branded "Mato" .  So it follows they would be developing a new tank control system as well.

Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:33 am

BattleArmor wrote:
I know Mato has been working on new electronics as they have a 2.4 Ghz hobby grade radio branded "Mato" .  So it follows they would be developing a new tank control system as well.

But what if was developed to work with the Clark board. If they are selling these tanks with Clark electronics wouldn't they need to include a radio too? And why not one with their own name on it?

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
BattleArmor
Private
BattleArmor

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 2:06 pm

The Mato radio is a rebranded Flysky, Hobby King, so there is no development required to work with the Clark, so yes the Mato radio can be used with a Clark board, and maybe that is what this video is.

However I heard Mato was going down their own road with respect to a tank controller so they for sure will be releasing their tanks with something different then what they have been.  As they have the regular radio in their line up its stands to reason they are moving away from the proprietary stuff like HL and Taigen use and more into the standard hobby grade radio.  Does this mean they have a clark onboard???  Maybe, or they have gone and built their own Tamiya compatible system.  Either way it is the right direction to go.

dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Agreed...

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 6:58 pm

Who knows who the video was uploaded by, it's just a normal user name really. It was posted on Clarks facebook page.

Another hint is that there are eBay 'presale' listing for this tank that actually spell out the RTR versions are using Clark boards... Again, who knows, it's conjecture but still interesting. 

eBay link

Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 8:50 pm

This is from the eBay site Strato had posted:

The RTR or Ready To Run Sherman is supplied with the new Mato 2.4GHz electronics package. Including the 6 channel handset and Clark Models MFU. The usual functions of these tanks can be expected, sound, turret traverse and gun elevation and depression and almost proportional control of the tank itself.

So maybe my theory might be right after all. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
BattleArmor
Private
BattleArmor

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 9:31 pm

I think it is more likely that the ebay seller has packaged this up with the Mato tank.

I don't think Mato did a deal with Clark, but who knows.  We will have to wait an see.

Precision Panzer is a Clark seller so................

Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:49 pm

wow you guys need to slow down a bit
This tank is sold as a bundle but by a reseller. 
You guys have any idea who panzer command is?? I do and he is certainly not Mato.
Mato is still selling their tanks sans electronics and yes the Mato tanks are coming.

Their is an electronics package coming  but it ain't what you guys are thinking, just an upgrade of what is available already.
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 11:28 pm

Ah cool, yes that makes a ton more sense actually. Panzer Command rings a bell but I've never had dealings with them myself. I took a look at their eBay store and I recognize it, hmm.

BattleArmor
Private
BattleArmor

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 1:45 am

Yes I know who Panzer Command is.  A UK seller that used to be active on the RCTR forum.

I figured he was just taking a Clark board installing it in the Mato tank and selling them.  Seems like a option a lot of people would want.

As far as what Mato has coming, we will just have to wait and see Very Happy As I mentioned before there has to be a reason they are selling a rebranded Flysky. They wouldn't do that unless there was need, and I am guessing they are coming up with a new system.  Will it have sound, IR batting capability, who knows?  I hope it does.

tomzag
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 9:20 am

Mato teamed up with Clark this time. It is sure thing now.
Back to top Go down
BattleArmor
Private
BattleArmor

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 1:11 pm

Not that it matters, but I am pretty sure Panzer Command is behind the two being sold together.

Much like Freaky could take a Mato Sherman and throw a clark board in it, and offer it for sale.

If you can find them on the Mato site with Clark electonics in them, my opinion on this would change.

BattleArmor
Private
BattleArmor

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 8:57 am

Opinion Changed

These are available from Mato, RTR with Clark electronics

So Strato, you nailed it from the beginning

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 9:21 am

BattleArmor wrote:
Opinion Changed

With Mato's new 2.4Ghz 6 Channel radio with receiver......

http://www.ozarmour.com/store/mato-2.4ghz-6-channel-radio-controller-with-receiver.html

$38 !!!
Back to top Go down
BattleArmor
Private
BattleArmor

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 9:47 am

Yes, Mato is getting things done right.  Yahoo

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 9:51 am

Do you know what the six buttons on the bottom does ? Looks very interesting.

It would be good if it is for all the functions like Engine/Light/MG/Canon etc.
Back to top Go down
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 10:09 am

the buttons at the bottom reverse the channels, Both sticks are not self centered so that means mod time for each one, at 38 bucks though that is a cheap price. HK is still cheaper but not by much.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 11:23 am

A little birdie told me about this secret about a week ago, so now I'm glad its out now. Very Happy

I have no plans for another Sherman, but would like to get the M10 when it comes.

Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 11:46 am

BattleArmor wrote:
Opinion Changed

Did they announce something someplace?? 

:O

Interesting.. Clark must have a whole production line just to supply Shermans now Wink

BattleArmor
Private
BattleArmor

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 12:06 pm

Just consider it a very reliable source.

THe tank will be avalable 3 different ways

Tank sans electronics

Tank with HL electronics

Tank with Mato TX and Clark board.  The bottom line is the Clark board is relatively inexpensive and it makes little sense for a manufacturer to come up with anything else.  The Clark board is good for the consumer, but there is little profit margin on it so it kind of nips any other development in the bud.

I looked at the Clark board early on and quite frankly I never saw enough profit in it to make it worth the effort.  You also have to stock so many variations that the logistics of selling this thing never appealed to me.  Freaky seems to be doing OK with it so all the power to him.  I see the price creeping up a bit, but that should be expected. A guy has to  make a buck for the effort put in otherwise this gets old real quick.

Guys should be appreciative of guys like Freaky.  It is a labour of love more then profit, and that is the cold hard truth..

I have looked at building something, but at the end of the day there is no reward for the effort.

Relaibilty and stock will be interesting to watch.

Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 8:12 pm

Stince wrote:

A little birdie told me about this secret about a week ago, so now I'm glad its out now.  Very Happy

I have no plans for another Sherman, but would like to get the M10 when it comes.

Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Tweet10

Tweet, Tweet

LOL

knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 11:44 am

Airbrushler wrote:
Stince wrote:

A little birdie told me about this secret about a week ago, so now I'm glad its out now.  Very Happy

Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Tweet10

Tweet, Tweet

LOL
AAAAAAAAAAAA My eyes...........
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark   Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mato M4A3 Sherman - All Metal RTR w/ Clark

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1