Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Today at 12:49 pm

» Hello new here
COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:49 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_vote_lcapCOUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_voting_barCOUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_vote_lcapCOUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_voting_barCOUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Will you be attending Oshawa Tank Day May 30?
Yes, I will be attending the Saturday
COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
Nope, sorry, can't make it
COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
Not sure yet
COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
Yes, and will be coming Friday too!
COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, and will be staying overnight Friday
COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, and will be staying overnight Friday and Saturday
COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 8:15 pm

You Guys have a safe trip and have Lots of FUN!

Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 8:36 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:
I have secured us some space inside for Saturday. I think this will be the option. I checked my weather and right now it is 100% wet so small space warfare will be called for...

I wouldn't count the day out yet.

The weather may say 90 -100% chance of rain but that is factoring the whole day.
If you look at it by the hour the weather really doesn't get bad until after 2pm. So the mourning should be good.

Besides we all know the weatherman is never right. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:17 pm

But if I didn't secure indoor space it will rain for sure! :-) Now that I have it won't. Nope, sorry, don't believe it. I think we will get rain at some point. But I'll cross my fingers...toes...legs...arms...eyes...

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 2:04 am

i got a msg from the other Hamilton gang, Doug, Steve, Matthew and Adam are all scheduled to come Saturday.

I'll be leaving work @ 730 AM (WOOOHOOO..!) and coming straight down.

What's the earliest we can set up? Im assuming they'll be open... real early.

dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 6:22 am

Great! I will be out there 8- 8:30 on Sat. morning so should be about the time you get there...
Glad the boys are coming too...

Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 8:28 am

Assume we have the same spot as last year, close to the backup indoor spot.
We are planning to bring a table ,canopy,some new outcroppings ( simulated rocks),trees and of course a selection of tanks.Umbrella maybe ?
See you Sat am
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
kaptain Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
kaptain Jack

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 9:00 am

Whats the address? I might be able to come..
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 9:15 am

My ETA is about 9, car is already packed. Unless I'm delayed @ work I'll be there. 

Doing my anti-rain dance now.

Dean, do we have power available?

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 9:45 am

Back to top Go down
Negaduck
Captain
Captain
Negaduck

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 2:12 pm

kaptain Jack wrote:
Whats the address? I might be able to come..
you get on the 401 east and get off at stevenson road. head north and if you hit the plane then you have gone too far. just to the left of the Sabre

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
kaptain Jack

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 2:20 pm

Thank you guys.
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 10:42 pm

Well, THAT was interesting Razz 

COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Thundercell_heavey

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 12:28 am

It was fun while it lasted. No damage done to my stuff after they all dried out. Hopefully no one else has any damage other than water spots on their tanks.
Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 1:28 am

NOWAY hope your tanks are ok

tomzag
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 10:27 am

Greg, are you going?
Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 10:57 am

no it is over this was yesterday

tomzag
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 3:36 pm

stupid me. so nobody from windsor went?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 4:28 pm

Derek and his daughter was there for Friday and Saturday.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 5:56 pm

Well, that was interesting! LOL!

Thanks to all who came out and supported. That was a tough one! won't know till tomorrow if I had any damage cauz too damn cold to unload my truck today! But I know I got lots of stuff that is wet.

You can tell by Hach's video for the short time we were able to operate (till about 1) we had good crowds watching. Talked to lots of people. These after all are our people! :-) The rain seriously was a bummer though. We were just getting rolling when Mother Nature decided to dump on us.

Oh, and by the way, the winner of the Bradley so generously donated by MichaelC is:

Raymond Tremblay of Mount Hope Ontario!

Congratulations to him. I will be contacting him and shipping out his vehicle this week.

See everybody in June!

Dean

Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 10:22 am

The " Bart Pan Tiger " was also a hit for many of the public tankers as it let them drive the unit around the battle field ( with supervision from a member ) . Only minor damage resulted and it seemed a lot of fun for them.
Speaking of damage, someone spun the turret off Norma's T34 . I haven't investigated it yet. Perhaps  next show the caution tape should be placed so little fingers can't touch.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 10:35 am

I'm sorry to hear that Ed. RCEME shop is open if repairs are needed. Could it have been a collision on the field? I actually thought most people held their kids in check pretty well...
Yes, that was very generous of you to let the kids play with the Bart Pan Tiger. I can see it being a fixture at these public events! LOL!

The only reason I didn't deploy the DO NOT TOUCH signs was the wind. They would have ended up at the airport!

That was one hell of a soaking! My poor tables, buildings, tent will take a week to dry out. Good thing we didn't wait any longer before starting to pack up.

And before I forget, many thanks to Derek and "Scout" for helping me out for the weekend and giving me rides back and forth to the hotel.

Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 8:55 pm

Norma wanted  to tell everyone how much fun the day was.Despite the rain/ tornado. She enjoyed showing the new kids how the 'Bart tank"  worked  and  enticing the parents to come to the club/website  looking forward to next year.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:04 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:

And before I forget, many thanks to Derek and "Scout" for helping me out for the weekend and giving me rides back and forth to the hotel.

It's the least we could do, thanks for organizing the event. 
Even thought we got rain on it, was still fun time.  I don't think the mourning could of gone any better. 

"Scout" is already asking to go back next year.  She also wanted me to thank Michael for helping me get the parts for her tank, she can't wait for the next Battleday.  
She also loved Ed's Bart tank. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!   COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COUNTDOWN TO OSHAWA TANK DAY!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2