The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

CalendarLog inHomeRegisterGalleryFAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» My next project - Asiatam FAMO
Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Shoveler74 Today at 6:03 am

» Battleday Sep 21, 2019
Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby hachleopard2 Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:23 pm

» Clark's Recoil Kit
Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:04 pm

» Grease and Gears!
Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:50 pm

» Battle Weekend Sept. 6-7-8 Are you in???
Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby treemagnet Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:15 pm

» Tanker of the Year Points Standings 2019
Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:29 am

» Christian Ludwig Fire
Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby knispel Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:21 am

» The Japanese Tiger Tank
Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:09 pm

» Full Scale Plastic Tiger I
Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:30 pm

Top posting users this month
MikeC
Stince's Sherman - Page 4 I_vote_lcapStince's Sherman - Page 4 I_voting_barStince's Sherman - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
Jarlath
Stince's Sherman - Page 4 I_vote_lcapStince's Sherman - Page 4 I_voting_barStince's Sherman - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 
knispel
Airbrushler
Shoveler74
Negaduck
dgsselkirk
Strato50
Stince
kaptain Jack

Stince's Sherman

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Airbrushler
General
General
Airbrushler

Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stince's Sherman   Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Stince wrote:
Today I built and installed a metal tow cable for the Sherman.

I found a wire cable in my garage the other day, so I cut it down to the desire length and made some end pieces. Then a quick spray with some cameo green Krylon paint.

Stince's Sherman - Page 4 DSC10031

After I had the cable made, I had to figure out how to attach it.

Now this may sound silly, but the idea I came up with was "ZIP-TIES"!

I gave the the smallest zip-ties I had a spray of the same paint.

Stince's Sherman - Page 4 DSC10035

Using a Dremel I widen the holes that held the cheap plastic cable, so the zip-ties could fit though.
Once I had the zip-ties though, I pulled it tight and it fit nice snug along the hull.

Stince's Sherman - Page 4 DSC10034

Stince's Sherman - Page 4 DSC10033

Stince's Sherman - Page 4 DSC10038

nice job on the cable what did you use for the end loops and i see you did some battle damage the bullit shots look cool how did you do them
Back to top Go down
http://mdart8.wix.com/a-custom-rc-tanks  http://www.rcuniverse.c
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Stince's Sherman   Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:05 am

Update:

Installed new 400 motors into the 3:1 gears boxes. It was a pain in the a$$ getting the pinion gears off the original motors.
I want thank Fireman Tim for lending me his gear puller, because I have know idea how I would of gotten them off without cutting the shafts.

And I only almost burnt myself soldering the wires on twice! Very Happy

I will be taking it for a test run tomorrow, will let you know how that turns out.

I also order the metal drive sprockets and idlers from Mato too. Should have them in time for the next Battleday.

Back to top Go down
http://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Stince's Sherman   Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 7:46 pm

Took the Sherman for a test drive with the new motors, it kinda of work, about half of it, all it did was do circles. Mad

Turns out the axles on the new motors are longer than the stock ones. The axle of the one motor was press up against the side, causing too much friction for it to spin properly.
So time to bring out the Dremel! I just quickly shaved off the nub of the axle off and for safe measures, I also shaved I little off the side where it was touching too.

Everything looks to fit better, just have to screw it all back together and test again.

Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
General
General
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Stince's Sherman   Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:14 am

hope it all works out
Back to top Go down
http://mdart8.wix.com/a-custom-rc-tanks  http://www.rcuniverse.c
knispel
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
knispel

PostSubject: Re: Stince's Sherman   Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:04 pm

Those are really great details .Wooden handles ,wow!

I had been tossing some basic ideas around for my Sherman but you have raised the bar and inspired me to go back to the drawing board
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Stince's Sherman   Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:40 pm

Thanks Ed! Very Happy

The new motors and gears are working good and ready to go, I even made sure I plugged them in right this time!
But now my sound volume is acting wonky. Sad I think a wire got pulled loose.
I really hate having to open and close these tanks all the time, it's a pain the a$$.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stince's Sherman   Stince's Sherman - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stince's Sherman

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: The Motor Pool (Builder's Section) :: WWII Allies-