Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello new here
Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:49 am

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:36 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Strange noise with 8W amplifer? I_vote_lcapStrange noise with 8W amplifer? I_voting_barStrange noise with 8W amplifer? I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Strange noise with 8W amplifer? I_vote_lcapStrange noise with 8W amplifer? I_voting_barStrange noise with 8W amplifer? I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

Strange noise with 8W amplifer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hachleopard2
Captain
Captain
hachleopard2

Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Empty
PostSubject: Strange noise with 8W amplifer?   Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 1:09 pm

Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Strange noise with 8W amplifer?   Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:15 pm

O.K. a few things. I am no expert but I know you should be using a 4 OHM with that 6 watt amp not 8 ohm. To use 8 ohm you need voltage booster. I have the feeling the strange noise you hear is because you don't have filters on those motors. If you look at HL stock motors you will see some small brown resistors on the motor terminals. Take them off and put them on your red motors and the sound should go away. also if you build little boxes around those speakers the sound will be much clearer and deeper than even this...

I am working on a sound set up for the Panther "A" that will have a DC to DC voltage booster. Going to test tomorrow night and will do some pics and video hopefully...

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: Strange noise with 8W amplifer?   Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:50 pm

any idea what the resistance is of the small brown resistors . I thinks this may be the issue with the amp I have on Norma's KT
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Strange noise with 8W amplifer?   Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:54 pm

They have 104 written on them. Like I say all the time I am no expert when it comes to electronics. Maybe Jordan or Michael?

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Strange noise with 8W amplifer?   Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 10:45 pm

They are not resistors but ceramic capacitors. It is install to filter out potential electrical noise generated by the brush motors back thru the wires to the MFU. 

My understanding is that if the capacitor is use that way, the value can be quite small. If all else fails just solder one from an old motor and you should be okay.

Back to the problem of the noise, it doesn't not sound like a capacitor/filtering issue. Hach, could you try trimming down the throttle on the radio (i.e. reduce the max value on full throttle) and see if the noise goes away. It sounded like the noise Clark board makes when the full throttle/trim limit doesn't match.
Back to top Go down
hachleopard2
Captain
Captain
hachleopard2

PostSubject: Re: Strange noise with 8W amplifer?   Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 5:37 pm

I already adjust the trim on radio. it doesn't work. This 8 watt amplifier is newer. On Clark's web showing it must have voltage booster attach to amplifier.
I had asked Clark and got his answer: This was cause by motor, will be gone when votage booster is install

I will get a 2 Ampere voltage booster from different company in 3 weeks. I will try it until Clark's voltage booster arrive
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Strange noise with 8W amplifer?   Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 8:10 am

Sounds a bit like a dog's breakfast just to get better sound. You need a daughter board to run the daughter board off the motherboard. a grand daughter board ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange noise with 8W amplifer?   Strange noise with 8W amplifer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strange noise with 8W amplifer?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1