Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Today at 12:49 pm

» Hello new here
new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:49 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 I_vote_lcapnew (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 I_voting_barnew (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 I_vote_lcapnew (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 I_voting_barnew (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

new (old)guy from ottawa area

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rxp1
Private

new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 7:20 am

ok thanks I 'll start checking all the wires again and let you know what I find. Thanks again for all your help I 'm sure will get this sorted out
     cheers
Back to top Go down
rxp1
Private

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 8:56 am

well checked all the wires everything is connected so not sure were to go from here.
Back to top Go down
rxp1
Private

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 9:19 am

Alright think I may have found the problem it may be the radio.All functions that are used when right stick all the way down, sound and machine gun don't work. When I reverse the stick input the cannon will work but sound and machine gun won't in the up position . So I'm thinking it may be a radio transmitter failure. Well what do you think time to get a new transmitter and receiver?
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 11:52 am

I wonder if it's a binding issue?  Do you have another 4-channel radio and receiver you can try?

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
rxp1
Private

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 1:57 pm

tried a new radio and receiver same result so its official the towel maybe getting throw in on this one
Back to top Go down
rxp1
Private

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 4:42 am

Going to take the clark board out and maybe switch to a elmod instead. From what I can see I'm battling a faulty board after trying another radio and receiver. All ready picked up some new servos to switch out the ones that came with it just to be on the safe side. As for matomart they haven't replied to my emails asking when the new turret will arrive, they seem to have me on ignore for now.
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 6:26 am

You have some really weird issues with that unit, I'm not sure what else to say without being to take a look myself really. I would try not to get discouraged; while the Clark boards are a great and relatively simple upgrade to install they aren't 100% plug and play, sometimes you need a bit of an experienced hand. 

Sound still doesn't exist? That's completely new to me :\ 

Without knowing how Mato ships their tanks out I can't explain what's up. If something really is broken, well, why on Earth they don't test each tank before shipping I do not know. They might not care :\

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 9:09 am

Don't know if Elmod is a better solution for you......... Assumming that the Clark is a faulty board, there isn't much Elmod experts here and the support is even more spares. One of the club member has been trying to put in a Elmod he got from someone else and is having a hell of a time. 

In terms of simplistic Clark is up there. I still think it is worthwhile first to make sure that the board is indeed faulty, and then perhaps replace it with one that works ? The problems you mentioned doesn't sound at all like faulty boards that we have seen up to now.

We also have shipped faulty boards back to Clark as well so it might be worthwhile to give that a try. If you like one of us can test it out for you and then shipped it back to Clark if it turns out to be faulty.
Back to top Go down
rxp1
Private

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 5:44 pm

I've tried my little knowledge of clark boards on trying to get it going.Tried a new transmitter and receiver on it thinking that may have been the problem with it but doing the same thing. I have a sony tv at home but not the same remote as I have seen on the instruction web page could that have caused something to happen?
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 5:48 pm

Did you put in the little clip to get it to programming mode and try to change it with your TV remote?

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
rxp1
Private

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 6:16 pm

no clip included with the tank
so I guess that wouldn't have done it lol
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 6:40 pm

Yea you wouldn't really be able to accidentally program it. The little jumped just activates programming mode when you turn on the power, so you can get into it using a pair of metal tweezers if you really need to... which might be a good idea eventually.

How far is White Lake? Razz

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Easier if he mails it to one of us and we can check it out and send it back to him.
Back to top Go down
rxp1
Private

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 pm

about 45 mins away from Ottawa . So I would need the type of sony remote they have on their website? Is there a reboot on the clark board ?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 7:10 pm

There is, but it might wreck your recoil servo. That is one thing you need to know before resetting the board. The direction of the servo recoil. On the otherhand, as long as you don't plug it in without knowing the direction, you should be okay. You can always reset, then plug in a spare servo and see if the direction is correct for the recoil.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 7:11 pm

My sister-in-law's cottage is at McArthur Mills, 20 minutes east of Bancroft. Too bad it is not winterizred and they don't use it this time of the year. That's what, about an hour and a bit from you ?
Back to top Go down
rxp1
Private

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 7:15 pm

I could pull it out this weekend if you want to check it out. Just thought I could figure it out to help me learn a little more about the inner workings
Back to top Go down
rxp1
Private

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 7:17 pm

how hard is it to reset ?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 7:25 pm

Easy. Make sure the board is off, jump pin 1 and pin 2 on J2 which is where the recoil servo is plugged into normally. Then power the board up. Use the Sony remote and press SOUND MODE button and then turn off the power. That's it.

This is assumming that you have the apple plugged in to received the remote signal.

Actually if you can send some pictures that would help too. Maybe we will spot something strange or unusual.
Back to top Go down
rxp1
Private

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 7:30 pm

I'll have to remember to bring my camera home from work on friday
Back to top Go down
rxp1
Private

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 7:31 pm

can I use tweezers to jump the circuit
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 8:03 pm

Nope because how are you going to hold that while reading how to program? LOL! PM me your address and I will mail you the right one for programing... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 8:36 pm

Any 2.5mm jumper would do. Something like this for example: 

[img]new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Jumper10[/img]
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 9:15 pm

Right, none of this will do you any good without the remote....

Back to top Go down
rxp1
Private

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 4:26 am

does the guy you deal with for clark boards carry the remotes also? thinking Mike is right I should pull the board out get you guys to test it if you have time.I have a pile of photo etch and painting to do on it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new (old)guy from ottawa area   new (old)guy from ottawa area - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new (old)guy from ottawa area

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next