Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 7:08 pm

» Hello new here
Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 5:38 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Right motor won't  drive forward I_vote_lcapRight motor won't  drive forward I_voting_barRight motor won't  drive forward I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Right motor won't  drive forward I_vote_lcapRight motor won't  drive forward I_voting_barRight motor won't  drive forward I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

Right motor won't drive forward

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kwa
Corporal
Corporal
kwa

Right motor won't  drive forward Empty
PostSubject: Right motor won't drive forward   Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 4:14 pm

The right track of my Panther won't drive forward. It runs in reverse. It started foing that at the end of the day in Oshawa. The left motor is fine. The gears move well manually.  I took the tracks off in case something was binding or catching on something, it still does not drive forward. 

I have had issues with the radio receiver getting interference and not working in certain placements within the hull. But I would think that would affect the right motor completely. Not just the forward control. 

I am trying to learn how to troubleshoot the system. Any suggestions on how to figure out what the problem is?

Thanks for any help!
Kim
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Right motor won't drive forward   Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 5:26 pm

I'll wait for the experts to chime in. Don't want to look stupid. O.K. I'll look stupid... trims?

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Right motor won't drive forward   Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 6:03 pm

Kim, if you switch the motor plugs on the Clark board, does the same thing happen or is the left motor now not going forward?
Back to top Go down
kwa
Corporal
Corporal
kwa

PostSubject: Re: Right motor won't drive forward   Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 7:04 pm

I will try that. I didn't think of that. I'll get back to you about that.

Corporal
Corporal
kwa

PostSubject: Re: Right motor won't drive forward   Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 7:43 pm

I switched the plugs and the problem switches sides.

Corporal
Corporal
kwa

PostSubject: Re: Right motor won't drive forward   Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 7:45 pm

Does that mean I will have to send the board away to get repaired?

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Right motor won't drive forward   Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 7:56 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:
I'll wait for the experts to chime in. Don't want to look stupid. O.K. I'll look stupid... trims?
i was going to say trims to Dean...lol

dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Right motor won't drive forward   Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 7:58 pm

Yep....

Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Right motor won't drive forward   Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:00 pm

I think I have a spare Panther board you can use for battleday unless you blow that one up too... :-)

Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Right motor won't drive forward   Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:12 pm

Okay, if you switch the motor leads on the board and the problem switch sides, that means it is not the radio (Since if it is the problem should stay on the right side), not the gearbox or motor (again the problem should stay on the right side). So it is likely the board. 

When you had the binding problem on the tracks, was it on the right side as well ? Chances are when the tracks were getting stuck, the right motor FETs are over worked and burnt out.

So it is probably the board. I would try fixing the track binding problem first, and then try a new board to see if the problem still persists.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Right motor won't drive forward   Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:16 pm

The thing ran beautifully for most of the day at Oshawa. I saw it running with my own eyes. It was running perfectly smooth. did you take it in the gravel like Bud???

Back to top Go down
kwa
Corporal
Corporal
kwa

PostSubject: Re: Right motor won't drive forward   Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 8:31 pm

Lol nope I heard early about that! But I did run very briefly in the long grass a minute or two. It ran great for a long time after that though.

The binding issue was gone after the tracks were broken in a bit.

I did find a loose screw in the hull, It came from the recoil servo. Could that have fallen and messed up the board if it contacted the board?

Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Right motor won't drive forward   Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 9:25 pm

If you really want to be sure is to just do a swap with the suspected bad parts (i.e. If you think it is the radio then swap a working radio and see if the problem persists). Of course it is tough when you only have one tank, and that's why we all have 20+ tanks because you will always have 19 tanks not working............. Surprised

Anyway, in this case, I think it is the board so you should try swapping the board from Dean and see if the problem goes away. If it does great, if not you have other problems......... Mad

I suppose the screw could have cause a short but it is highly unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Right motor won't drive forward   Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 9:30 am

This is a Clark board I'm guessing? I haven't had this happen but what Mike suggested makes sense.

kwa
Corporal
Corporal
kwa

PostSubject: Re: Right motor won't drive forward   Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 10:30 am

Ya its a clark board.

PostSubject: Re: Right motor won't drive forward   Right motor won't  drive forward Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Right motor won't drive forward

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1