The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

CalendarLog inHomeRegisterGalleryFAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The Beast 3D printing track vehicle
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby hachleopard2 Yesterday at 7:39 pm

» You better surrender !
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby hachleopard2 Yesterday at 1:46 pm

» Rooms for Aquino
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby treemagnet Wed May 15, 2019 10:16 pm

» Tamiya/Taigen JS-2
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Wed May 15, 2019 12:30 am

» 3D Printed T-35A
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Captain Action Tue May 14, 2019 8:14 pm

» Fort Erie Field, Disposal Of Field Props, Buildings etc.
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Captain Action Tue May 14, 2019 7:06 pm

» Video&Pics Battleday in Kitchener
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Mon May 13, 2019 11:28 pm

» Fort Erie Field Will Disband
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Captain Action Sun May 12, 2019 11:53 pm

» Captured Half Track
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Sun May 12, 2019 7:02 am

Top posting users this month
dgsselkirk
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 I_vote_lcapTim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 I_voting_barTim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Jarlath
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 I_vote_lcapTim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 I_voting_barTim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
Strato50
Captain Action
hachleopard2
Archangel554
Shoveler74
Glen B
elvis3006

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Stince
General
General
Stince

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:09 pm

It's because the Tamiya Gods are mad at you for what you did to your Sherman. No

Back to top Go down
http://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:11 am

Probably LOL. Tamiya turret and barrel elevation motors are just crap.

I'll post some pics this afternoon .
Back to top Go down
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:56 pm

I spent 30 minutes working on my Leo tonight and things started coming together. All motors are now working, even the sound system seems to be working without issue.

I am going to get her up and running for November (weather permitting).
Back to top Go down
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:50 pm

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 2012-10-22204537

Recoil, and barrel elevation motors in place. Tim is happy now!
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Major General
Major General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Fireman Tim wrote:

Recoil, and barrel elevation motors in place. Tim is happy now!

cheers Its especially good when these thing finally get resolved cheers

Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
knispel

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:41 am

Looks like a nice clean HL up grade .

Some years ago I built several Tamya rc trucks and The plastic gears seemed much more robust and stood up to heavy abuse. However I had not seen Tamiya 's tank gearing before a was surprised to see how marginal the design was when they failed in your sherman turret
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:36 pm

It's alive!!!!!

To late to shoot the video. I'll try tomorrow.

I am just glad this tank will be finished before the world ends in 50 days.
Back to top Go down
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:46 pm

Factory Paint Job is done. All electronics are working, including turn signals Shocked !!!

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Leo11-1

The mantlet cover needs painting as does the details and markings need to be added.
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Leo12-1

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Leo13-1
Back to top Go down
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 7:55 pm

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Cobra
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Major General
Major General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Fireman Tim wrote:
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Cobra

What about Indiana Jones, or Captain America???

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Indian12

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Captai11

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 11:52 pm

Hey I think I work for that shiny head chrome dome. affraid

Looking good Tim! Cool
Can wait to see the finished product.

Back to top Go down
http://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Airbrushler
General
General
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 12:54 am

paint looks awesome Tim for some reason this one looks way better than the last one nice job
Back to top Go down
http://mdart8.wix.com/a-custom-rc-tanks  http://www.rcuniverse.c
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 7:28 am

Thanks. The paint job consists so far of Olive Drab out of a spray can with Tamiya OD (JGSDF) airbrushed over top. Still lots of painting to do on it.

I am just happy that all the electronics and motors work. I am going to put a heat sink overtop of that 'C' Chip just incase.

As for the Joes, I was bored yesterday. LOL
Back to top Go down
knispel
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
knispel

PostSubject: Watched the video    Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:24 am

Fireman Tim wrote:
I found this video this moningl. Ian was asking for some of my source links. Here is a great one.

Thx Tim .I watched this raw video and afterward felt like I had been on a training run with them. Was surprised at the sound the casings made when they drop ,like an oil drum .then I saw why when the chase truck was shown picking them up . Surprisingly large.

Of course this link lead to a number of related you tube videos and hours of Canadian tanker in action.good post thx again
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: The Motor Pool (Builder's Section) :: Modern Tanks (Post WWII)-