Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Transmitters and receivers Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 1:42 am

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Transmitters and receivers Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 1:13 am

» Miscellaneous Images 2024
Transmitters and receivers Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 12:21 am

» Hello new here
Transmitters and receivers Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 9:38 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Transmitters and receivers Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
Transmitters and receivers Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Transmitters and receivers Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Transmitters and receivers Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Transmitters and receivers Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:38 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Transmitters and receivers I_vote_lcapTransmitters and receivers I_voting_barTransmitters and receivers I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Transmitters and receivers I_vote_lcapTransmitters and receivers I_voting_barTransmitters and receivers I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

Transmitters and receivers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Offroaddaddy
Recruit

Transmitters and receivers Empty
PostSubject: Transmitters and receivers   Transmitters and receivers Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Ok gang, question ...

I am looking at this Futaba transmitter, "ATTACK 4YWD".  Its 4 channels.  From what I understand, a tank needs at min 5 channels in order to support forward, reverse, turning, shooting, elevation and turret.
This receiver is compatible with futaba receivers that are 5,6,7 and 8 channels.
What's the deal with a 4 channel transmitter being able to work with a 8 channel receiver?  What would be the point? 
If I were to plug in 5 servos into the receiver, but the transmitter was only 4 channels, then 1 of those items would be non-operational...correct?

I like Futaba from my rc car days, and overall it looks like a good model. 

Sorry if this is a silly q for some of you.  Still putting this stuff together.  Thanks
Paul
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Transmitters and receivers   Transmitters and receivers Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 9:25 pm

Older design Clark MFU's and older uses a 4 channel controller with different inputs to give a simulation of multiple channels.

Basic moves.
One stick two axis, forwards and back combined with left and right track movement.

Other stick for turret rotation and elevation. However when you push up past 75% on elevation you fire the cannon.

Additional examples of channel blending that the Clark uses.
Down and To Right on turret stick starts the engine.

Newer ones (that cost more) actually have more channels (8 I believe)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
hachleopard2
Captain
Captain
hachleopard2

PostSubject: Re: Transmitters and receivers   Transmitters and receivers Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 9:41 pm

Futaba Attack at RCMart: $86.90US including receiver

http://www.rcmart.com/futaba-4ywd-24ghz-wr214gfe-p-37204.html?cPath=36_818

Transmitters and receivers Futaba-4ywd-1
Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Transmitters and receivers   Transmitters and receivers Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 10:15 pm

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Transmitters and receivers   Transmitters and receivers Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 12:02 am

In theory and mostly in practice a 4 channel radio will do everything you need to do to control a tank's movement plus basic functions. Tamiya always used a 4 channel (Attack) but it cheats a little with the trim. Clark uses different stick combinations on the basic 4 channel layout.

All the purpose built tank electronics (Elmod, Clark, Tamiya, IBU, Heng Long etc) maps the channels into different functions. Paul, what you have in mind is like basic flyer where every channel controls a servo only which does not have any purpose built electronics between the radio and the controls.

We like more than 4 channels so that we can control some basic functions with switches, but reality is that 4 channel is more than enough to run a RC tank.
Back to top Go down
Offroaddaddy
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Transmitters and receivers   Transmitters and receivers Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Very insightful guys. Appreciate it! Been watching YouTube videos on this (yes fell into the YouTube black hole) and the flysky i10 looks very user friendly for a simple guy like me....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transmitters and receivers   Transmitters and receivers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transmitters and receivers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1