Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 9:42 pm

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 9:13 pm

» Miscellaneous Images 2024
Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 8:21 pm

» Hello new here
Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 5:38 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS I_vote_lcapGlen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS I_voting_barGlen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS I_vote_lcapGlen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS I_voting_barGlen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Empty
PostSubject: Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS   Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 3:12 pm

I have decided to step down from duties at the Fort Erie Field.

This is not a snap decision; I have been considering it for the last two years.

I am not upset about anything, it is just time for me to take a break.

If someone else wants to take care of it, it can continue; if no one wants to take over, or is not able to, we will have to wind things up, there. If that happens, I would rather it happens before anyone has paid their 2018 dues to Black Creek, so they have not wasted their money.

The next scheduled meet is for June 23, 2018

If anyone is interested in filling in, I have listed the “job description”, below.  It is a full time/part time job with regular commitments through the meet season.

Duties;

Be the contact for the Black Creek Community Association (Black Creek Centre where we hold our meets)

Memberships: Ensure that all members have filled out their membership forms & paid their annual dues for the Black Creek Community Association; also, that they have received their membership cards from Black Creek.  We do not keep the money; it goes directly to Black Creek.

Field Maintenance; make sure the grass is cut regularly; this should be done 2 to 4 times/month, depending on growing conditions.  This takes approx. 1 hour.

Field Preparation: a day or two before the meet; cut the grass as short as possible, trim the parts that can’t be reached with a mower, rake or blow grass clippings off the field, if you don’t have a bagging mower.  This takes 2+ hours.

Day of meet: show up before 9:00 to open the building and trailer.  Make sure you are there at the end of the meet to ensure the tables are put back; garbage is taken care of, etc.

Weather Watch: Good weather is necessary for both the day of the meet, and for 1 to 2 days leading up to the meet so field preparation can be done.  This is difficult sometimes; you have to make the best call you can, based on forecasts.

Communication: make sure meet status is posted preferably two days prior to the meet date.  Post questions, polls, pertaining to the meet operation.

Annual Meet Schedule; work out with the other fields at the start of the year, and have it posted on the forum.

Last edited by Glen B on Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS   Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Hoping that you will still come out to the events in Ft Erie and is just a step back from the admin side of running that field!

Thanks for all your hard work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS   Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2018 6:57 pm

Thanks, yes, I plan to attend some meets.

I will likely sell a few tanks but not all, the two Taigen Tiger I's, the Clark Board Panther G and Jagd. Panther are "non-negotiable".

I have been involved in the field operation since 2011 and been the main contact for the last 6 years.

Due to some personal issues and fatigue, it is just time for me to step back from it, I hope that it can continue and I am prepared to assist with info, if required.

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS   Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 7:24 am

On behalf of the club, thank you for all your years of work Glen. You were the first one in the club I met and talked to back in 2012. You dedicated some serious time and effort to make the battledays in Ft. Erie fun and enjoyable. You have been warning us for a couple of years about this decision so not a surprise. Hopefully someone will step into the large shoes you see behind and we will still see you out once in a while to run that beautiful Panther. 

Again, thank you for all your help and camaraderie over the years, and hope to see you soon!

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Ukiewolf
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ukiewolf

PostSubject: Re: Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS   Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 4:31 pm

Glen.  I know about and appreciate volunteering.  If I were closer and didn't have to use a cane and a walker, my days of volunteering are behind me.  You sound like a person I would like to meet and hope you will be out at Mississauga this Saturday to share your knowledge.  This is my first outing and it looks like the weather will be fine.  As a newbie, I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS   Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 8:16 pm

Thanks guys.

Right now, I have a lot going on and will not be travelling to any meets out of town, maybe this will change once I am retired.

I am flattered at the complement of knowledge but my electronics skills are pretty basic  Embarassed  

I have done quite a bit of research on WWII German stuff but likely just scratched the surface of that complex topic.

I hope the weather holds for the meet next week end.

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS   Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 6:56 pm

I had another thought on the field.

Currently, I feel overwhelmed by things in general (not just the tank field).

However, I do expect that I will be retired sometime between the end of June and November, 2018.

After that happens, I may have more time, energy and ambition to keep things going and also, hopefully, pick up some more help with the field.

If that happens, I do not want to lose the field at Black Creek.  Mike at Black Creek does not want to see us leave, either.

There's a couple options, we could get ready for the June 23rd meet at Black Creek and see how it goes, or we could try the June 23 meet at the other location, but keep the field for future use.

If we hold the June 23rd meet at Black Creek, I do not want to be the only one working on the field and I may or may not attend the whole day, although I will make sure the key and trailer crank are available.

Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS   Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 7:56 pm

Glen lets have the meet at black creek on the 23 I will be there to help get the field ready and if necessary clean up at the end of the day we can also discuss where we go from there doug
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS   Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 8:24 pm

Yes, that works for me.

I am going to see if I can use their lawn tractor for the rough cut, that would help, a lot.

Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS   Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 8:52 pm

ok I will bring my push  mower it has a bag that will save some time let me know when be there
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS   Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 8:54 pm

dougjobe wrote:
ok I will bring my push  mower it has a bag that will save some time let me know when be there

Thanks

We won't likely need that until the evening the field prep is done before the meet.

It will need a couple cuts in the next few weeks for maintenance, I will see if that can be done with the lawn tractor.

Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS   Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 10:17 pm

ok great let me know if I can help?
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS   Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 7:34 am

Here's the plan.

I do not want to lose the field, if we don't have to.

I expect to be retired this year, which will remove the time issue for me.

However, in the long run, I will not want to maintain the field on my own.  (Recognising that I have had help from Wayne and Jughead, which is much appreciated)

We'll try for the June 23rd meet at Black Creek, I use the word " try" because our luck wityh the weather has been poor.

We'll see how this season goes, if we get the attendance and are able to see how we can maintain the field going forward; if this is favourable, the field will be able to continue.

Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS   Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 9:14 pm

lets make it work
Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS   Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2018 3:38 pm

I don't blame you for your decision to step back. Even with the help of John, Ian ,Wayne, Dean and a few others getting and maintaining Ft Erie was no small task ,as attested by your resume.
From our first encounter you guys have made it a great field for Norma and I to meet and battle.
Hope there is some younger blood to carry on.
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS   Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glen B Stepping Down From Running Fort Erie Meets CHANGE OF PLANS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1