Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Matomart Sale again
Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 10:59 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 6:22 pm

» TongDe New Tank
Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 5:48 pm

» How many Ontario Regiment shermans will be at Aquino this year?
Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Robert B. Marks Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» Martin's PZ III combat god?
Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 9:39 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:52 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm

» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 I_voting_barTamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 I_voting_barTamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
Smittyburger
MikeC
Jarlath
Negaduck
Maczek
Robert B. Marks

Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 1:29 pm

If I hazarded a guess, the rotation parts are from the Tiger 1 turret (Larger hull opening).
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 1:44 pm

Honestly, I think that going to a Clark/IBU would be the better/cheaper method as well. Ebay has an MFU Set (Tamiya P/N 53446) for over $500 CDN (Includes turret motor and gun elevation motor), Just a DMD controller is going for $300+ CDN...
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 3:17 pm

Okay so just go with aftermarket parts since the turret is kitbashed? Was thinking IBU2 but beyond that im just making a list. The IR mushroom ill get that alittle later on. Whatever will be the most newby friendly approach to getting her up and running.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 7:57 pm

Being a clark man I bow out. Sorry, no nothing about IBU's...

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:11 pm

I dont really have a particular preference on board just want something reliable with some good sounds (changable of possible) all i know about them is that you can use them in IR battles against tamiya ir units. If someone can correct me on this but the IBU and clark boards replace all the mfu and dmd stuff and combine it into 1 board?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 9:00 pm

Gio, both Clark and IBU will replace both the MF and DMD from Tamiya. If you end up with a Tamiya Battle Unit you can plug that directly into the IBU board. However, for the Tamiya flash unit which you have here, you will need to change it for both IBU and Clark. 

You will also have to change the rest of the connectors as well for both IBU and Clark as they are not plug compatible with Tamiya.

IBU you can change the sound set, Clark you are stuck with whatever model you purchase, unless you go with the Tk-60 route. However my undertsanding is that it is not easy to change. For IBU you just need to moves some files around on an SD card.
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 9:07 pm

Sweet! So i would save like 250$ just on boards then. Is it hard to change the flash unit? And as for connectors i would just have to soludr on the proper connectors for the plug ins on the board?
Thanks everyone for your help so far!
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 10:16 pm

Gio659 wrote:
Sweet! So i would save like 250$ just on boards then. Is it hard to change the flash unit? And as for connectors i would just have to soludr on the proper connectors for the plug ins on the board?
Thanks everyone for your help so far!

Yes most likely. You will need to trace wiring to ensure that all the lines go where they are supposed to go Smile So either soldering wires to new pre-mounted leads, or crimping new ends to wires.
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 10:21 pm

Great thats not to hard to do, crimping new ends would be the cleanest way to do it. Have some electrical experience. What does everyone think about ibu or clark? Probably the best/ cheapest way for my to run with the turret as Jarlath said previously.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 11:16 pm

Crimping would be the cleanest. Both Clark and IBU uses JST-XH plugs (The ones used by Lipo batteries) with 2.5mm pitch, but you can get the non metric ones as well (2.56mm pitch). In addition IBU also support the molex plugs that Tamiya uses, and Clark also uses micro JST with 1mm pitch for their flash and IR emitter. In addition, Clark also uses the 1mm pitch JSTs for their receiver connection. The reason for these extra small plugs is that Clark has a much smaller foot print than IBU, so it has to use a number of 1mm connectors. In addition, it does not have any on board fuses of any kind, again for the same reason (small foot print). No easily changeable sound option for the Tk-20 series, as far as I am concern there is no easily changable sound option for Tk-60s either although Clark fans would argue otherwise.

I used to be mainly a Clark user, but has since switched over to IBU. I think I might be the one with the most IBUs in the club so probably has more experience than most. I also have all the different varieties of IBUs as well (IBU2, IBU2U and IBU3). IBU2 has been discontinued.

Clark and IBU will do the same thing for you. The difference is just in the execution so no worries in picking one over the other. If one has a feature that appeals to you than just pick that one.
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 11:22 pm

Okay so some of the tamiya plugs may be able to stay just depends on how things are when i get the tank in my hands and the board aswell. Are there any local canadian distributors of IBU or do i have to just find some where online that does? https://www.rctank.de/IBU2U-Ultimate-base-multi-function-board is one that i have found thus far. I like the idea of being able to change the sounds and such on the IBU if i dont like the stock sound i can change them.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 11:30 pm

I buy from Dom at rctank.de all the time but for IBUs it is cheaper to buy from Ian at 

https://www.rctankelectronics.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 11:55 pm

Aweosme i just book marked the IBU2U once i have some extra money ill pick one up. For connectors the local robotics store should carry them. Then ill just have to work down the list once the tank shows up so i can see what else ill need. Mounting tray, radio, transmitter, smoke unit, speaker and so on. Thanks for all the help so far everyone! Definatly less daunting knowing i only need the IBU not both the tamiya boards.
Back to top Go down
kaptain Jack
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
kaptain Jack

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 8:26 am

I have a Tamiya tiger  MFU and DMD units for grabs. Make an offer!
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 9:14 am

MikeC wrote:
In addition IBU also support the molex plugs that Tamiya uses, and Clark also uses micro JST with 1mm pitch for their flash and IR emitter. In addition, Clark also uses the 1mm pitch JSTs for their receiver connection.

I'm pretty sure that the Clark connections are 1.25mm Molex Picoblades and the 2.54mm JST-XH's.

Also pretty sure that IBU uses the 2.54mm JST-XH's and 2.0mm Molex Micro-Latch

Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Tamiya10
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 9:29 am

You are right Tamiya uses Molex 2mm ones. Didn't know that Clark small ones are also molex.

I think JST-XH by definition is 2.50mm and not 2.54mm but there is the 2.54mm version which will also work (usually a tighter fit).
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 9:32 am

Sadly dont have anymore cash right now. Just working out what im going to need once i do have the money. Thanks though
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 10:09 am

MikeC wrote:
You are right Tamiya uses Molex 2mm ones. Didn't know that Clark small ones are also molex.

I think JST-XH by definition is 2.50mm and not 2.54mm but there is the 2.54mm version which will also work (usually a tighter fit).

I had read that they were Picoblades, someplace, but they may be JST-GH (1.25mm)
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 10:11 am

Gio659 wrote:
Sadly dont have anymore cash right now. Just working out what im going to need once i do have the money. Thanks though

Not an issue. I've slowly (a relative term) built up my cache of connectors/crimpers/electrical tools. Just ask the guys how much I actually get to tank when my kids are around Smile

I'm usually rebuilding all the electrical harnesses...
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 10:22 am

Ya the eternal struggle. My little one is almost 3 so ill be getting her some little rc car so she can play to haha. But ya im just waiting on the tank to get ehre to move forward with anything board wise but shall see. Still thinking of the IBU2U was 140€ i believe which is less then half for the tamiya units they may or may not work from aaf and can change the sound on the IBU.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 10:57 am

This should be pointed out...IBU is half Tamiya 140 Euros is $214 Cdn and then shipping. If money is an issue and it is with me, I use Clark. $120 Cdn plus about $9.00 shipping. 

AND if your IBU cacks which they don't very often but they do, expensive to fix. With Clark we usually pay $10.00 but that includes shipping back....

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 11:49 am

Good to know as another option, im just waiting on some money to come in over the next couple weeks then i can get a board. Ill definatly be looking into both the IBU and the Clark
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 11:25 am

Ill open a WIP once things start showing up.
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 3:43 am

Okay so i got all my internals for the KT. Got a used dmd and new MFU from a fellow member but the Dmd seemed to have kicked the bucket and would randomly stop transmitting to the reciever so i replaced it and it works fine. Problem i am having now is my recoil wont work? 
 Before switching dmd the tank would shoot (barrel recoil) now when i do the flick of the stick it does nothing. Everything is plugged in, sw3 to the left and both sw1 and sw2 are in the middle. Reset the dmd for the transmitter/radio as instructions show, and no wires are tangled inside.
Any help would be greatly appriciated as i have no idea what happened.
I am running and flysky fst6 which worked fine in regards to the recoil until this point.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 8:30 am

Does it work when you do a system test ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?   Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tamiya porche turret king tiger internals?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next