Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello new here
Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:49 am

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:36 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 I_vote_lcapGio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 I_voting_barGio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 I_vote_lcapGio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 I_voting_barGio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

Gio's Porche king tiger

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 6:17 pm

Ya my buddy painted it, it looks awesome. The tracks arent able to go any less links ill have to see about other adjustments but rolls well. Got my own battery on the way 7.2 5000mha.
Going to redo the turret motor as the guy who put it togetehr has it on some extra plastic to loser it for some weird reason which means my dmd/mfu cant sit where it supposed to so going to go in a fix that so it all goes together like it should then get a speaker from AAF and she will be pretty much finished. 
As for the tracks ya never painted them wanring to change them to metal at somepoint but good enough for the dirt/mudd here.
Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 9:10 pm

Had to open each image one at a time .But the anticipation to see the last image was worth the effort. Nice job.
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 12:18 am

Thanks, few things to go but liking it so far. Once i can fully test the electronics with my own fully charged battery i can see what else i need. 
Also imgur like to make images HUGE on here so i had to direct link them instead haha.
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 3:45 am

Okay so i got all my internals for the KT. Got a used dmd and new MFU from a fellow member but the Dmd seemed to have kicked the bucket and would randomly stop transmitting to the reciever so i replaced it and it works fine. Problem i am having now is my recoil wont work? 
 Before switching dmd the tank would shoot (barrel recoil) now when i do the flick of the stick it does nothing. Everything is plugged in, sw3 to the left and both sw1 and sw2 are in the middle. Reset the dmd for the transmitter/radio as instructions show, and no wires are tangled inside.
Any help would be greatly appriciated as i have no idea what happened.
I am running and flysky fst6 which worked fine in regards to the recoil until this point.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 8:58 am

That is very large font Smile. See my query in the other thread regarding DMD/MF units.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 9:04 am

Let me get my reading glasses.....
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 1:03 pm

This better? Haha my phone is weird when it comes to forums. Responded to other thread.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Better, but still not normal size Smile LOL!
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 3:01 pm

Haha
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 3:49 pm

That's better!
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 8:28 pm

LOL anyway im going to test it again tonight as its super weird. Radio worked fine for recoil before i got the new dmd, its the same MF and recoil wiring as before just the dmd i replaced. Ill try reseting the dmd again to my radio and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 8:45 pm

Because you are using a digital radio, make sure when you set the radio you either leave some trim from the setup, or set extra trim after you configure the radio. The analog radio from Tamiya uses the trim to fire.
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 1:01 am

Ya its a problem trying to work it out. 6 channel digital radio, going to have to find where the trim option is.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 1:09 am

What I do is that during calibration, instead of moving the sticks all the way up, I just stop before it goes all the way so that once it is calibrated, when you push it all the way up it will act as the trim up. You can also adjust the setting afterwards, calibrate using 100%, and then change it to 125% after calibration to emulate the trim up for firing.
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 1:11 am

Ill give that a shot thanks
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 2:08 am

Managed to get it working thanks
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 8:24 am

YAY! Grats to MikeC for the correct info!
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 3:22 pm

Ya most helpful thanks again. Incase any one need the info i adjusted the end points to 117% anything more then 118% doesnt work anything lower then 116% disnt eork either for me. That sweet spot works just fine.
Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 11:27 pm

been a while since i did my last update. Have had alot of volunteer work, parenting and a 1/350 scale HMS Hood ive been working on haha. finally got around to doing some other little additions.

1. added mesh to engine deck
2. metal tow hooks
3. 1/16 scale bucket
4. FINALLY hobbled together a speaker box since the modern Tamiya KT speaker box is to tall and sits in a different place compared to my kit which was discontinued.
5. zap strapped my turret wires togther to help not get caught as easily.

Still need to shorten the wires from the battery to my DMD and MFU as they are way to long and take up to much room inside the tank ( interferes with the turret and turret wires, believe its making it jam a bit). and yes the tracks are still shinny... needs to go outside still haha.

Here are a few pictures and a short video. Enjoy! 

https://i.imgur.com/wPnlcuG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WNflwbn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tINZJBY.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/M9TyHOf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EqdpcnR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qQKDJVn.mp4
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 12:41 pm

Is that a Philips Screw head in the right front drive sprocket? Augh! Smile

Glad to see it progressing.. Unlike my multitude of projects/hobbies... Smile

Back to top Go down
Gio659
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Gio659

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 1:04 pm

Yes it is haha. Thanks im happy with how its turned out so far. May grab some 1/16 german helmets to add on at some point aswell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gio's Porche king tiger   Gio's Porche king tiger - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gio's Porche king tiger

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2