The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

CalendarLog inHomeRegisterGalleryFAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» KW-Garrison Aug 18 2018 - Images & Afteraction Report
by dgsselkirk Today at 12:48 pm

» The Art of Modeling on facebook
by kaptain Jack Today at 8:03 am

» Battleday and PIG ROAST August 18th!
by Jarlath Yesterday at 8:09 pm

» Operation Desert Storm (Battle Day Aug 25, 2018)
by hachleopard2 Yesterday at 3:10 pm

» Conversion Kit
by MikeC Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:14 am

» Gio's Porche king tiger
by Gio659 Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:49 pm

» Bastard PZ3
by Gio659 Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:04 pm

» Pantiger, Some Historic Perspective
by Jarlath Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:30 pm

» New RC Tank arrival
by Bud Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:29 pm

Top posting users this month
Jarlath

dgsselkirk

treemagnet

MikeC

Airbrushler

Shooter

Bud

hachleopard2

Shoveler74

dougjobe

Share | .

Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
treemagnet
Private

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:57 pm

Well I am a little closer the flash bulb in the gun barrel flashes when the tank goes boom but still goes boom at the end of the cycle and the elevation works
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:13 pm

Hey Tom, did you set the Clark board to use HL recoil as the Main Gun Function mode ? I think the default is actually Tamiya recoil which behaves differently than HL ones.

If you look at the Tk series website you will see how to program it.

MikeC.
Back to top Go down
treemagnet
Private

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:03 pm

ok so I wasn't programming it correctly Thanks dean and Mike recoils working properly now .
one last bug the flash unit fires when the tank drive froward or backwards going to try and beef up the strobe wire and other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:08 pm

It could be your receiver wires crossing each other. Make sure they are all intact. I would also try a different receiver as well.
Back to top Go down
treemagnet
Private

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:07 pm

how can I see if my IR led is firing someone suggested use my cell phone and see if it fires but I can see the ir off the remote so I think my iphone has a filter in it i tried pointing the IR led at the apple on top of the tank no effect and the sony remote does work
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:13 pm

Need to use the video function of the cell phone. When you "shoot" the IR flash is visible in the image of the display.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
treemagnet
Private

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:27 pm

looks like I can't do that with Iphone since iphone 4 I will have to use my wifes android when she gets home
Back to top Go down
treemagnet
Private

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:30 pm

lol It works on the forward facing camera hahaha
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:38 pm

treemagnet wrote:
how can I see if my IR led is firing someone suggested use my cell phone and see if it fires but I can see the ir off the remote so I think my iphone has a filter in it i tried pointing the IR led at the apple on top of the tank no effect and the sony remote does work

Tom, you cannot self test by firing at yourself with the IR emitter point at the same apple. The board does not take hits when you fire. So you either need the Sony remote, or another tank with IR.
Back to top Go down
treemagnet
Private

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:50 pm

thanks Mike I used the forward facing camera on my Iphone and I could see the IR firing
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:44 pm

Well, I got the recoil and elevation figured out. Here is the fix I have come up with.

Recoil gets soldered in as follows. + to CN9.3 and - to CN9.4. I couldn't use the connectors:

The limit switch that is on the side gets wires soldered to the inner and middle post and plugged into the 2 pin pigtail attached to CN3. I forgot to take pics of this.

Elevation gets wires soldered to the motor post and connected to CN9.5 and CN9.6. You can use a connector here but I just soldered them in.

My next dilemma is I do not have the correct connector for the IR emitter for J1 on the board. Does anyone know the designation for this little guy?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
treemagnet
Private

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:12 pm

I used the connector from the Tamiya IR transmitter Dean has an IR transmitter with the right connector 
just message him I am sure he can hook you up
Tom
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:05 pm

From our resident guru MichaelC...

JST is the original brand new, Japanese Solderless Terminal. So they are all JST technically.
The bigger plugs that is used on Heng Long, Clark, IBU etc is technically JST-XH, which has a 2.5mm pin pitch, but there is also a non-metric version that is mix in there, which has a 2.56mm (1/10 of an inch) pitch. That's why some of them fit more tightly then others.
The small plug, which is used for the flash and the IR emitter on Clark is JST-SH, which has a 1mm pin pitch.
The other one you would come across is the one used by Kevin at RCTA for the Blue Ring hit indicator, which is JST-PH and has a 2mm pin pitch.

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:19 pm

Apparently I was wrong according to Big Mike. The small connectors for the flash and IR on Clark board are 1.25 mm pitch and its a Molex connector.

The JST stuff are correct otherwise.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:59 am

BTW, I recently got two Taigen tanks and even though IBU is pretty "stock friendly", i.e. everything is basically plug and play, I still switched out the recoil motor to a servo. The casing on the recoil/elevation unit is actually very servo friendly so it is very easy to convert.

Just don't want to deal with all the extra wiring and also rip out the 360 slip ring as well to simplified the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
treemagnet
Private

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:13 pm

Is IBU a different control board?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:57 pm

Tom, Dean is the Clark guy and I am the IBU guy in the club........ Its just another control board from Europe (Italian Battle Unit). Its really meant to be a cheaper version of the Tamiya Electronics and a plug and play replacement for Taigen/Torro tanks. It does not have some of the cooler features of the Clark board (Like MG pinging, remote control programming etc). It really is meant to be a Tamiya (as it has Tamiya specific plugs) and Taigen (All the standard connectors) replacement. Another feature I like about the IBU is that it uses SD card for sound files, so you board can be any tank you want once you change the rigth sound files. Here is a picture of it:

Basically when you get a Taigen tank, you just unplug from the stock tank and plug into the same connectors on the IBU. I didn't bother trying to figure out the Taigen recoil unit, so I changed it to servo. Here is a picture of a version of it if you have room behind the recoil unit. I don't so I have to put the servo to the side, not as linear a motion but has enough movement to do the full recoil:
Back to top Go down
treemagnet
Private

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:03 pm

ok I have herd if the IBU 
I do like the idea of the sd card for sound files I was also looking at open panzer do you know anything about that one?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:16 pm

No too much work. Its kinda of like building your own computer when you can get a specialize one for cheaper.

Sounds files are great. The main reason I switched is for the sound files and the fuses...... I know you can put in your own fuses for Clark, but it is just one of those things.

I also thinks that IBU drives better than the Clark Tk24 series.
Back to top Go down
treemagnet
Private

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:26 pm

do you sell the IBU board or where do you get them?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:23 pm

You can get them from Dominic at rctank.de

https://www.rctank.de/IBU2U-Ultimate-base-multi-function-board

Or Ian from RC Tank Electronics

https://www.rctankelectronics.com/ibu2u.html

They don't have a US/Canada dealer anymore. I usually buy from Ian as he is a member of the UK tank forum and he gives me free shipping.

They are physically a much bigger board but you don't have to deal with different plugs (Other than the Heng Long/Taigen ones), or different boards because of the sound set (Tk-60 allows you to change the sound but my understanding is that he programming is quite complicated) and any additional wiring like fuses, or switching the stock wiring (For example, you can plug a stock tank wiring into the IBU and it will give you the proper elevation control up stick moves barrel up, and down stick moves barrel down - That's just one example).
Back to top Go down
Renesis
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:18 pm

IBU2 pros are available from Ian and I've got one for my jagdpanther they're cheaper then the IBU2U but they're also no longer being made so buy at your own risk I suppose.  

I use Elmod and IBU and slowly converting most of my tanks that were using Clark boards. For the money and the amount of customization you can do with Elmod/IBU I'd say it's worth the money.
Back to top Go down
treemagnet
Private

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:35 pm

Ok so had the Panther out at mississauga today.
had a weird thing happen after being hit one ny turret wouldn't tuun and the could not move forward or reverse. after being hit 5 time I had full control and after being hit 9 times it was dead and led flashing 
I don't see anything in the Clark set up that would cause this any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:44 pm

Tom, it might be wise to reset your Clark board to factory default just in case. Do you know what class of tanks the board is set to ? There are couple of things you can look into that might cause these problems:

- Clark board can be set to accept Heng Long/Taigen IR and the standard on that is 5 hits. Not too sure if there were Heng Long/Taigen IR tanks running around in Mississauga.

- If the Panther is set to Medium tank, then the Tamiya standard is set to being destroyed after 5 hits.

- If the Panther board is set to heavy, then it will died after 9 hits.

- The turret and drive motor can be set to take different level of damages after specific hits, which means that you could have set it to take 90% damage after 1 hit. It might appear that it doesn't move after one hit, but it could just be that it is undetectable with naked eyes.

Anyway, not any one of these seems to be your problem, but it definitely a combination of these things. You can go and check the set-up of the board individual, or easier to just reset it back to factory default and see if you still have the same issues.

MikeC.
Back to top Go down
treemagnet
Private

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:04 am

I am going to try that tonight after work
Tom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board   

Back to top Go down

Taigen tank to Clarktk22 board