Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello new here
CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:49 am

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:36 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 I_vote_lcapCAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 I_voting_barCAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 I_vote_lcapCAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 I_voting_barCAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Stince
General
General
Stince

CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 12:18 am

I believe the original poster can change the topic subject.

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Lincs Winks Wayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 12:59 am

When I click on post a reply there is no subject in the space, I would think the topic of discussion should appear.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:16 am

FYI, here is the info I was going from;

Fireman Tim wrote:
Well I can be there Sunday at 10am.

I guess I really pissed off the Tamiya Gods cuz apparently they have some influence withe the weather.

The field is mowed.

I can be there, as well.

Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:54 am

I'll get the blog changed. See you on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:29 am

We have been very fortunate so far. After 2 years, I can only remember 2 out of 16 events that got rained out.

There was some confusion last night and I'll take responsibility for that. Shift work and my hectic home life is making it difficult for me to
monitor the forum on Friday nights. I can't give it the attention it
deserves.

But we do need an operating procedure in regards to rain days. How to make the decision to cancel/reschedule and how to communicate it to everyone.

So I am asking if there is a process or protocol we can set up?

At what point and what time do we cancel an event due to rain?

Should we have an alternate rain day posted for every month?

If both days are rained out, what do we do then? Write off the month and look towards the next?

Your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 11:14 am

If you wish Tim, we can use the Web site for any update status. You tell me what you want I can make it. We can have updates on the main page. The beauty of the site is that we can do anything we want with it. Let me know.

www.canamtankclub.com

Stinger

Can-Am Tank Club <<< Web site link

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member2.html
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 11:28 am

Fireman Tim wrote:

There was some confusion last night and I'll take responsibility for that. Shift work and my hectic home life is making it difficult for me to
monitor the forum on Friday nights. I can't give it the attention it
deserves.

But we do need an operating procedure in regards to rain days. How to make the decision to cancel/reschedule and how to communicate it to everyone.

Tim

My week is usually pretty predicable (dull) and I am always around here on Fridays after 6:00PM

I am used to watching and interpreting the weather, partly a habit from work.

Consequently, I am ready and able to perform some sort of role in the process, if needed.

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

PostSubject: Today   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 11:39 am

I went out to the battlefield to check if any one showed.

I invited RC-19 ( Steve ) from RCU from Hamilton and his intention was to show if not raining.

I was talking to the building caretaker and he said he has had several people asking about our advertisement posted inside. Two older men from Fonthill were here the week after our last meet, the older gentleman was a WW11 tankdriver and did not use a computer to find out dates.

The caretaker suggested we add a schedule to our advertisement since he has had numerous requests from in his opinion non computer users.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 11:54 am

Lincs Winks Wayne wrote:

The caretaker suggested we add a schedule to our advertisement since he has had numerous requests from in his opinion non computer users.

Wayne

Good point, I know I assume everyone's on line, but this is an incorrect assumption on my part.

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:48 pm

I am checking over my tackle box and batteries in the hope the field dries out enough.

My back is still bothering my so I will only bring a couple "cats" (less trips to and from the vehicle is better, right now Wink )

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:50 pm

so did you guys get rain today???
Back to top Go down
http://mdart8.wix.com/a-custom-rc-tanks  http://www.rcuniverse.c
Lincs Winks Wayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

PostSubject: Weather   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:54 pm

YEP

Off and on with patches of blue

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Well, as far as I can see it most of us who have showed up before have direct access, and in case of weather cancellations etc, we seem to get the word out one way or the other; I don't have anyone's phone number but am I correct in assuming a few of us do?

As far as posting the schedule, good idea. I've had one of our posters put up on the tank rack @ Skylink Hobbies in Burlington, I can easily add the next round of events when they come up. A rain-date is a great idea and we can standardize it... would we be ok with having the next immediate saturday as our default backup?

Usually on questionable weather days I see a go / no-go posted by 8 or 9pm the Friday before; for us relatively close by that's not so bad but the Windsor fella's require more planning. But I don't know if it even works to make a call earlier, considering.

So...
-the forum works "pretty good" for notice. I suggest a post in RCU with the same updates, just because why not.
-come up with a printed schedule to post where our other ad's are up, with weather backup plans (ie 'one week later rain day')
-have Greg & Derek move to St Caths Razz

Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:07 pm

Airbrushler wrote:
so did you guys get rain today???

3/10 of an inch today, according to my fancy digital rain gage; and I am not far from the field.

Looks like it might be ending, soon.

Hopefully the field dries out by mid to late morning.

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:17 pm

Strato50 wrote:
I don't have anyone's phone number but am I correct in assuming a few of us do?

I think that is correct, I don't have them.

I have some thought about to.

One thought is that I could be the intermediary since I am usually around Fridays, my work schedule is predictable. We have a calling plan, so long distance is no problem.

If Tim could let me know if the day is a go or not, I could call the members if it is cancelled, since I have the time and opportunity.

Just a thought.

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 2:05 am

Glen B wrote:
Lincs Winks Wayne wrote:

Wayne

Good point, I know I assume everyone's on line, but this is an incorrect assumption on my part.

When the poster were first made up their was only a few Battledays left, so we just had generic ones made.
For next year we will definitely put the event dates on.

Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 2:09 am

Strato50 wrote:

-have Greg & Derek move to St Caths Razz

Me and wife have talked about. Does any one know any one looking for graphic designer. Wink Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 2:20 am

Glen B wrote:
Strato50 wrote:
I don't have anyone's phone number but am I correct in assuming a few of us do?

I think that is correct, I don't have them.

I have some thought about to.

One thought is that I could be the intermediary since I am usually around Fridays, my work schedule is predictable. We have a calling plan, so long distance is no problem.

If Tim could let me know if the day is a go or not, I could call the members if it is cancelled, since I have the time and opportunity.

Just a thought.

Glen, if you can get hold of me before 10:00pm the night before, I can post an announcement at the top of the forum ASAP, big & bold and easy to read. cheers
You still have my number, if not I can PM you.

I think have the next weekend as an automatic back up date works, good and simple.
But what do we do if it rains that day? Shocked

Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 7:27 am

Batteries charged, camera loaded, loading the truck with 5 tanks...it's going to be a good day. See everyone soon.

Stinger

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 7:47 am

I have added a battle update status on the main page of our web site. I've also added a Weather forecast button so that you can check the rain conditions at anytime.

Stinger

Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:09 am

Loading up & packing a lunch.

Back is better, but not great, so I'll bring 3 "cats"

Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:36 am

I can go!! ya whoo . On my way !
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 5:11 pm

If the weather in Windsor is any indication of the weather there, you guys must of had and great time.
Hope you got some great pictures and video.

I'm kicking my self in the a$$, I should've gone. Mad

Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 5:22 pm

Go ahead, kick yourself...lol was a great day.

Lil cool, but the sun was shining all day. Lots of good discussion of which you will see some of the topics appear here soon.... stay tuned.

Stinger

Last edited by Stinger on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 5:55 pm

That's what I hate most about missing Battledays, is the discussions, I always feel left out. Sad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12   CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAN-AM Battleday Oct 6/12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next