Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Radio Control Sherman Firefly 1c - Canadian Grenadier Guards, Normandy 1944 (Build & operation video)
Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeby HiawathaPete Today at 11:41 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 5:16 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Yesterday at 11:37 am

» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 9:33 am

» FIRST BATTLEDAY OF THE YEAR!!!
Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeby Chimo Sun May 12, 2024 7:06 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sat May 11, 2024 8:13 pm

» Canadian Grenadier Guards Sherman Firefly Mk 1c - Operation Totalize, Normandy 1944 - Work in progress photos
Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeby HiawathaPete Thu May 09, 2024 4:10 pm

» How many Ontario Regiment shermans will be at Aquino this year?
Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Wed May 08, 2024 3:29 pm

» Matomart Sale again
Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun May 05, 2024 10:59 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Haya/Heng Long Chieftan I_vote_lcapHaya/Heng Long Chieftan I_voting_barHaya/Heng Long Chieftan I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Haya/Heng Long Chieftan I_vote_lcapHaya/Heng Long Chieftan I_voting_barHaya/Heng Long Chieftan I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Smittyburger
HiawathaPete
Robert B. Marks
Negaduck
Maczek

Haya/Heng Long Chieftan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Empty
PostSubject: Haya/Heng Long Chieftan   Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2019 4:47 pm

Hi all,

Just received the Heng Long/Haya exclusive Chieftan tank from Andrew in U.K. When I ordered it back in the summer, I did not realize that it is a joint effort between Andrew and Haya and Heng Long, so the tank shows up basically like a Heng Long tank. As an initial release purchase, I also received two British tankers. Here are some pics and will have a more detail review when I have a chance to run it a little. It does come with the Heng Long 6.3 electronics which I have to say is quite the improvement. The other notables are BB recoil barrel, IR battle capability that is suppose to be Tamiya compatible (?!?!), all hatches are operable which seems a bit excessive, and the Pro version as the authentic metal tracks.

Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Dscn2659
Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Dscn2658
Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Dscn2710

Last edited by MikeC on Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Haya/Heng Long Chieftan   Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2019 4:48 pm

Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Dscn2712
Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Dscn2711
Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Dscn2713
Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Haya/Heng Long Chieftan   Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2019 6:30 pm

that is one Awesome Tank

Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Haya/Heng Long Chieftan   Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2019 11:50 pm

Looks like a front inner wedge for upper hull mounting and a pair of screws under the rear fill caps?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Haya/Heng Long Chieftan   Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 9:15 am

Jarlath wrote:
Looks like a front inner wedge for upper hull mounting and a pair of screws under the rear fill caps?

Yes indeed.

I had more time to look at it last night and ran it a little bit. Very solid runner and the thing just feels solid over all. Details are not that great but definitely captures the overall spirit and feel of the Chieftain for sure. The barrel comes in three different pieces which is actually a great idea, for travelling as well as detailing. Jury still out on the BB/reocil mechanism. It is a great compromise if you still want BB, but not so great if you are used to servo recoil. It will all depends on whether I replace the electronics at all. I will have to test the IR to see if it is actually compatible with Tamiya.

With regards to the radio, it has two 2 way switches, one for MG/Cannon and one for smoker/spot light. Engine start button is separate. I can see this radio to be the new Heng Long standard.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Haya/Heng Long Chieftan   Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 9:52 am

I like the removable barrel idea as well.

For those who want to use a LED/HID flash, a set of really small mini connectors may be in order to splice into the barrel wiring... (Think like the Clark IR connection, a JST-GH, only 3 pin.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Renesis
Corporal
Corporal
Renesis

PostSubject: Re: Haya/Heng Long Chieftan   Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 3:25 pm

Got mine yesterday overall pleased with the tank, mine was missing a tow hook and Andrew shipped one to me yesterday lol. 

I agree with Mike C, the tank feels solid overall and the tk 6.3? Is a pretty sweet board in comparison to henglongs previous releases. Lots of light functions, (brake lights turn signals spot light etc), separate heater and fan ports for smoke units(gonna drop a tarr in there), supports servo recoil and elevation and can run 2s or 3s lipos. Also you can crawl with this board it's no tk40, but it's a dam step up to previous boards. 

The recoil is servo though the throw is very minimum and the speaker is meh already replaced mine with a visaton. Tempted to keep the bb/recoil and convert to the servo elevation because I love depression lol
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Haya/Heng Long Chieftan   Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 5:40 pm

Hey Ren didn't know you are a Chieftain fan too ! I will be taking a peek at it and see if I can make the servo recoil go a little further........  :-)
Back to top Go down
Renesis
Corporal
Corporal
Renesis

PostSubject: Re: Haya/Heng Long Chieftan   Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 10:20 am

Yes sir I am lol I'm going to tear mine apart eventually and test the IR system.
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Haya/Heng Long Chieftan   Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 5:32 pm

That looks really nice Very Happy

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Haya/Heng Long Chieftan   Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 8:35 am

Well it is really a pity but after looking at various options I think I will have to replace the Heng Long Tk6.3 board, however impressive it is. I have considered Mako Tk 6.x board but it just looks too messy. It also gives me the opportunity to put in the right sound files hopefully.

If anyone wants the HL Tk6.3 board with radio let me know. You can have it for a song. If not I will use it on a non-battle vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haya/Heng Long Chieftan   Haya/Heng Long Chieftan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haya/Heng Long Chieftan

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1