The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

CalendarLog inHomeRegisterGalleryFAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Battleday Sep 21, 2019
Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeby hachleopard2 Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» Clark's Recoil Kit
Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:04 pm

» Grease and Gears!
Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:50 pm

» Battle Weekend Sept. 6-7-8 Are you in???
Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeby treemagnet Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:15 pm

» Tanker of the Year Points Standings 2019
Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:29 am

» Christian Ludwig Fire
Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeby knispel Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:21 am

» The Japanese Tiger Tank
Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:09 pm

» Full Scale Plastic Tiger I
Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:30 pm

» another new truck for you guys
Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeby Airbrushler Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:15 pm

Top posting users this month
knispel
Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop I_vote_lcapStince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop I_voting_barStince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop I_vote_rcap 
Jarlath
Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop I_vote_lcapStince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop I_voting_barStince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop I_vote_rcap 
Airbrushler
MikeC
Shoveler74
dgsselkirk
Strato50
Negaduck
Stince
kaptain Jack

Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stince
General
General
Stince

Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Empty
PostSubject: Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop   Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 5:07 pm

With no Battleday on Saturday, me and Airbrushler decided to take a trip to the hobby stores in Kingsville. The only one in Windsor just sucks, mostly train stuff.
We didn't buy any great purchases, Brushie got a battery and I got a few things for my Elefant build (pictures to come) and snap together model for my 7 yr. old.

So your thinking, big deal, nothing exciting. Sleep

Well Brushie got to talking to the new owner to one of the shops about the tanks and the club. He was fascinated about them, especially after Greg showed him pictures and video from the Can-Am site.
The owner knew of Tamiya tanks but did not carry them because of their prices and was afraid they would sell them. But he was very interested in the Heng Long tanks and was going to see about getting some.
It also help selling him and couple of customers in store after I gave them I demo with my Panzer III, which I happen to have with me. Wink Very Happy
We left them with some contact infromation, but I think we'll go back with some flyers to post up.

So who knows we might be bring more people for the Windsor area next year. If we get enough people in the area we could start a Southwestern division of Can-Am. cheers

Oh ya, I didn't get Airbrushler any ice cream, I didn't want to ruin his supper. geek

Back to top Go down
http://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop   Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 5:51 pm

I was thinking on my drive home today, that taking my Tiger on a rampage through Skycraft might actually be a great idea. People buy stuff they see in action... just look at all my micro-heli's... Razz

Airbrushler
General
General
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop   Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 6:18 pm

yes it was fun to get out of the house i got my Trunigy 9 radio from Hong Kong the other daqy it works great so far

when to the Hobby store bought a 5000mah battery cause my yellow ones are all dead and my green ones don't last long i will have to test this new one

but need to get a charger for it

the guy at the hooby store was a really cool guy was very interested in getting some tanks in for Christmas, Stince had it sitting on the front counter while he looked for what he needed and one older guy came in and just stared at the tank later he asked questions Stince started the tank, gave a demo and the guy was like WOW that's cool looks like fun we all talked for a while sounded like we might have some more tankers for sure

i hope i get my Clark board this week so i can try it out
Back to top Go down
http://mdart8.wix.com/a-custom-rc-tanks  http://www.rcuniverse.c
Captain Action
of the Pan-Tiger Panzer Div.
Captain Action

PostSubject: Re: Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop   Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:12 pm

A good charger make all the differance, I can charge a 7.2 in 20 min, with my old charger and some times less with the newer charge. In the old days I use to charge the batterys off the car battery, at the pond.

I dont know if every one knows that after about 10 charges on your 7.2 batterys its good to drain it down , let it cool and then charge it up. You help set the memory of the cells in the battery and then it will take a better charge. I have a car 12v turn signal light bulb on a Tamiya plug and use that to drain the batterys, slower drain is better then fast . Im not too sure how it works with the cheep yellow batterys but It cant hurt to try.

Well Im a little disappointed that Stince did not buy Airbrusher any IceCream. thats just mean, if Im promised Ice Cream I damm well better get it, ICE CREAM !!! Mean old stince !Sad

Last edited by Captain Action on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Major General
Major General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop   Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:15 pm

Captain Action wrote:
Tamiya plug

There he goes with the Tamiya, again!!!!!!!

Actually, thanks for the description of battery care. Very Happy

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop   Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:59 pm

Captain Action wrote:

Well Im a little disappointed that Stince did not buy Airbrusher any IceCream. thats just mean, if Im promised Ice Cream I damm well better get it, ICE CREAM !!! Mean old stince !Sad

I asked him if he wanted ice cream!

It's not my fault that he was sleeping Sleep when I ask as drove by ice cream parlor. Wink

Back to top Go down
http://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Captain Action
of the Pan-Tiger Panzer Div.
Captain Action

PostSubject: Re: Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop   Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:57 pm

OK first YOU said you would get him ice cream... you dont latter ask him , you get ice cream... man you try that with your wife and a beating you will get.

Greg was dreaming of Ice Cream... Free Ice Cream.......and pony rides..??Crying or Very sad

Your a cheep date Stince.tongue

General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop   Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 6:13 am

Handy dandy quick reference for batteries!

Battery Tips!!

Handy Dandy comparison chart.

Did some more reading on NiMH battiers (in my opinion the best suited for tanks!)

Tips : Discharge to 6.0V overall, digital chargers will let you set this as a cut-off. I noticed my Tiger wasnt really performing very well last meet... The battery barely took half a charge, so I've been cycling it and it's working much better now! For NiCad (the default HL yellow packs, etc), the low voltage cutoff should be 5.4 V

NiMH Charging Chart

NiCad Charging Chart!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop   Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stince & Airbrushler's Trip to the Hobby Shop

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: Assembly Area :: General Discussion-