Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello new here
CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:49 am

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:36 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd I_vote_lcapCAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd I_voting_barCAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd I_vote_lcapCAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd I_voting_barCAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Empty
PostSubject: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 7:36 am

CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Nov3_zpsddbeb46f

The 2012 schedule comes to a close with one final battle, so lets hope the rain and snow holds off.

Don't forget to pack a lunch or visit the local Subway 5 min away.

Also club members are invited to join us for dinner in Niagara Falls after the battle to close out the year.

9:30am to 4:30pm

Bring a lawn chair

(note: the above picture's resemblance to my broken down tanks is purely co-incidental tongue)
Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Just all waiting for thier SLU's
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:37 pm

No word yet on SLUs. But good things come to those who wait. Smile
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:31 pm

I hope Hurricane Sandy does effect us too much. It predicted to hit south eastern Ontario. pale

I would to try to make it to this one.

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:37 pm

I'm watching the progress of the storm. The news media likes to hype these things up with catchy names, etc., it could have an impact here in SW Ont. or it may not.

It is way too early to make any predictions about the effect it may have on the field.

They really can't predict where it will go in the next 2 to 3 days but if it comes this way, it will be a rain event and if that happens, we'll make a call on it later in this up-coming week.

Here is one hurricane tracking site;

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 7:57 am

With all the rain we're all getting hopefully the field drys in time for Saturday.

Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 5:48 pm

Stince wrote:
With all the rain we're all getting hopefully the field drys in time for Saturday.

I have some concerns about that.

We have had rain every day since last Sat. and there has been almost 2" of rain in the last 24 hours, by my rain gage.

The forecast has rain for at least part of the day for Wed. through Fri.

Not trying to be negative but it is very wet without any projected "drying" weather.

I will keep watching the weather and update as we go.

Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:49 am

Its not looking good. More Rain today and tomorrow. I don't think I'll be able to get the field mowed.
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:46 am

I was just going to post that Tim... the leading up days are all wet, very wet...

Mother nature is being cruel to us poor tankers Sad

Same discussion all over again... 'does this mean we postone?' *opens that can of worms*

Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:21 pm

We have received 3/8"of rain here just since this morning, this is on top of what has fallen every day since last Sat.

I very much doubt the field will be dry enough to cut of Friday (tomorrow) or dry out enough to use on the 3rd.

I expect to be posting something conclusive on the status, this evening.

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:46 pm

FINAL

We will postpone the Nov. Meet to Sat Nov. 10th due to the volume of rain we received this week.

Please think "happy thoughts" about drying conditions for the Nov. 10th Meet.

Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Dissapointing but the right call.

Perhaps I should convert my Sherman to a Donald Duck tank for these wet days .
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:03 pm

I did think about the DD tanks

I am only a few miles from the field, my yard is has similar soil etc. and it is quite "squishy"

It would not have been a good experience, especially for those who travel some distance to get there.

Hopefully we get better conditions through next week.

General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:38 am

Good call.

Cold is fine. Wet is fine. Cold AND wet, that's no fun at all!

Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:26 am

Good call. I got swamped yesterday and didn't get home till 11pm, so its nice to see our new system worked.

Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 1:38 pm

Well, the sun finally appeared.

My yard is still quite well, I found a somewhat dry spot to run Panther 435 for a few checks but that was about it.

When I went into town this morning, some yards still have a bit of standing water.

If we can get some dry weather through the next week, we should be able to get the field ready for the Nov. 10th meet Very Happy

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:16 pm

I think Tim's gear puller may have a curse on it. pale affraid

Every time I try to get down there to return it to him the Battledays get cancelled. But the one time I can't go you guys had good weather.
I think I'm going to have to mail it to him to break the curse! Suspect

Back to top Go down
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 11:11 pm

Ya, the last two weeks have been super wet. Sad

We did not end on a high note.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:36 pm

Why does ever Battleday that gets cancelled, I always end up doing yard work! Mad

I ended up raking leaves, cutting grass, cleaning gutters, fixing eavestroughs, hang Christmas lights on the house (No, I didn't turn them on), changed the lights in the garage and took out the garbage.

On the plus side, the wife made an excellent roast chicken for dinner! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 11:11 am

Well this year kind of fizzled out. But in reflection the year has been a good one.

It is snowing in Fort Erie today, so if the 10th is a no go, its no great loss. We did have a great year.
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 12:34 pm

I don't want to jinx it but the long range forecast for this week offers some ecouragement, at least as of today.

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Shhhhh! Glen don't scare away the good weather!

Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 1:00 pm

Stince wrote:
Shhhhh! Glen don't scare away the good weather!

I know, I shouldn't say it but I have book Fri. as a vacation day to help w/field prep. if we get a good string of weather.

PostSubject: Re: CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd   CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAN-AM Battleday Nov 3rd

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1