Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 12:16 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 11:27 am

» Matomart Sale again
IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun May 05, 2024 10:59 pm

» TongDe New Tank
IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 5:48 pm

» How many Ontario Regiment shermans will be at Aquino this year?
IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Robert B. Marks Sun May 05, 2024 1:08 pm

» Martin's PZ III combat god?
IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 9:39 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun May 05, 2024 1:52 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 I_vote_lcapIR LED for Tanks - Page 2 I_voting_barIR LED for Tanks - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 I_vote_lcapIR LED for Tanks - Page 2 I_voting_barIR LED for Tanks - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Smittyburger
Jarlath
Negaduck
Maczek
Robert B. Marks

IR LED for Tanks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IR LED for Tanks   IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 2:10 pm

Jarlath wrote:
Strato50 wrote:
With your MG function turned on the bulb should remain bright as long as you have the trigger down.

It may appear that way, but it should be a duration (pulse) to determine hit type (MG vs Cannon)

This will only work with Clark board. Tamiya and IBU does not shoot IR from the MG.

But then this IR issue seems to be largely a Clark board problem.
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: IR LED for Tanks   IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 10:48 pm

MikeC wrote:
Jarlath wrote:
Strato50 wrote:
With your MG function turned on the bulb should remain bright as long as you have the trigger down.

It may appear that way, but it should be a duration (pulse) to determine hit type (MG vs Cannon)

This will only work with Clark board. Tamiya and IBU does not shoot IR from the MG.

Oh I keep forgetting about you guys with disability control boards Wink

Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: IR LED for Tanks   IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2020 7:03 am

MikeC wrote:

Dunno why you say it is an issue/problem when we are discussing features that Tamiya/IBU don't have. Smile

Still a discussion about LED's and how to measure their actual output performance...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Captain Action
of the Pan-Tiger Panzer Div.
Captain Action

PostSubject: Re: IR LED for Tanks   IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 8:58 am

On a Clark IR emitter bulb , does it matter on how it is wired , concerning a + side and - side wire hook up on the emitter ? If so how do you distinguish the positive side of the emitter ?

Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: IR LED for Tanks   IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 9:19 am

Yes it does. If you look at the bulb, the longer leg is always the positive. If they are the same length, you need to look at the element itself. The smaller one is the positive.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: IR LED for Tanks   IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 2:16 pm

IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Led-po12

On a 5mm LED. IR or not, the longer leg is the +VE, and the flat side leg is the -VE.

For those that cannot be examined, note the inside orientations of the "Anvil" and "Post".
The larger section opposite the legs, is the is the Anvil and is the Cathode (-VE).
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: IR LED for Tanks   IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 2:38 pm

I like mine explanation better.  But Big Mike has the final word.
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: IR LED for Tanks   IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2021 10:45 am

Finally added MikeC's IR Bulb to the list with specs. (Dean and I were talking about emitters again last night...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IR LED for Tanks   IR LED for Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IR LED for Tanks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2