Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Miscellaneous Images 2024
Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 10:26 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Hello new here
Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR I_vote_lcapPanzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR I_voting_barPanzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR I_vote_lcapPanzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR I_voting_barPanzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Empty
PostSubject: Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR   Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Depending on delivery of a few items, I expect this will be my next project, not a true "build" but a re-fit of my HL Panzer IV F2.

Since there either are not any, or many Pz IV's operating in IR mode at our club meets, I will post pictures of how things go.

The tank is in markings/camo of the Grossdeutschland Regiment, mid-1942 when they started to introduce the long gunned F2, followed soon after by the G. I am happy with the basic paint, so that will stay.

Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Img_0531

Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Img_0532

Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Img_0533

It will be getting;

1.) SLU (expected soon)

2.) Tactic Receiver (to be ordered) http://hobbyhobby.com/store/product/286473/TR624-2.4GHz-6Ch-Receiver-Only/

3.) Waltersons Gearbox/motor (on order) http://www.shop.immortalhobbies.com/Gearbox-Tiger-Pantiger-Panzer-IV-32101210601A.htm

4.) Heng Long Flash Item NO: P60-C (to be ordered)

5.) Stencils from Airbrusher to improve the numbers and unit markings (I made stencils for these, they are OK but I shouldn't quit my day job to go into the business Embarassed Laughing )

General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR   Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 3:35 am

Nice!! I like the paint as is, too.

I wonder why they aren't AS popular, as say a Pnz3... maybe the suspension and supposed lack of 'metal upgrades' out there...? ...although as far as I remember, there ARE P4 upgrades.

I'd recommend metal tracks for this bad-boy, they aren't much of an added weight but they will help in climbing traction.

Now, how much MORE room is there inside vs the P3?

Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR   Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 8:36 am

Strato50 wrote:

Now, how much MORE room is there inside vs the P3?

One concept I was looking at, will likely change when I actually get at it;

Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Slu_po10

More internals;

Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Small_10

Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Small_11

Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Small_12

Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Small_13

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR   Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 8:42 am

Side note on the Waltersons Gearboxes, they are one of the few gearbox upgrades I have found that the supplier specifically says will fit the Pz IV, the reports I have read on them, along with the ability to set them up easily with various gear ratios prompted me to want to try them.

With the abilty to set them up with different ratios, that should mean you can tailor them to lower speed/higher torque for a Tiger, or set them up to be a bit faster to the Pz IV.

Also, we have had a number of standard metal HL gearboxes fail at the meets and I would like to try to avoid that, hopefully they do that.

We will see how well they actually fir the Pz IV when they are delivered; report to follow Wink

Details below are from; http://www.shop.immortalhobbies.com/Gearbox-Tiger-Pantiger-Panzer-IV-32101210601A.htm

Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Gearbo10

Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Gearbo11

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR   Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 7:13 am

UPDATE:

The Wlatersons gearboxes do not fit the Panzer IV.

This is a mistake made by Waltersons in their literature, not a fault of the supplier, Immortal Hobbies.

Curtis at Immortal Hobbies is working with me to "put thing right".

He has offered to replace the one set of gearboxes with a set that fits the Panther, this is fine with me because I have the two Panthers and am still looking at converting my JP to IR.

I have a Tiger SLU on order for the new Taigen Tiger and a Pz IV SLU for this tank. However, I would prefer not to run stock HL gearing in an IR conversion after seeing the failures of these on our field at the meets; consequently, I have asked Tim if he would mind if I switched my order from a Pz IV SLU to a Tiger version for the JP.

I am not fully done with the PZ IV, Waltersons is supposed to be coming out with some gearboxes to fit the Pz IV but like all these new releases, the big thing is "when".

PostSubject: Re: Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR   Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Panzer IV F2 Re-Fit To IR

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1