Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 12:16 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 11:27 am

» Matomart Sale again
Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun May 05, 2024 10:59 pm

» TongDe New Tank
Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 5:48 pm

» How many Ontario Regiment shermans will be at Aquino this year?
Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeby Robert B. Marks Sun May 05, 2024 1:08 pm

» Martin's PZ III combat god?
Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 9:39 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun May 05, 2024 1:52 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang I_vote_lcapJagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang I_voting_barJagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang I_vote_lcapJagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang I_voting_barJagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
Smittyburger
MikeC
Jarlath
Negaduck
Maczek
Robert B. Marks

Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Empty
PostSubject: Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang   Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2022 2:59 pm

Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Img_6211
Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Img_6212
Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Img_6213
Finished my build of this Tamiya and the paint job is finished but lots of varnishes, washing and weathering to go. It's a bit of a frustrating kit as most of the images are of the 3 roller no zimmerit later versions which were introduced in the second month but I guess Tamiya wanted to use their Panzer IV hull with the four rollers. Fortunately I found an image of a 4 roller with zimmerit and ambush camo in Hungary March 1945 so that is what I went with. The Atak zimmerit kit I used is superb and well worth the money. I couldn't imagine using the Tamiya sticker junk. Also I'm glad I had a half dozen Tamiya builds under my belt because the quality control and instructions on this one were by far the worst. Screws and nuts missing or the wrong size, no gluing instructions and no way would it go together smoothly if you do the assembly in Tamiya's step by step order. I have heard the Pershing is a nightmare for wire hygiene but this one has to come a close second as the usual 3 recoil, elevation and swivel mechs are all squashed into the low casement. But once it's completed I love it and it runs great. For battling the commanders hatch has to be detached though. The Schurzen is nice but I can't see it being practical running around the field with all the little twigs the tracks pick up but it can be quickly removed or put back on
Back to top Go down
BarryC
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
BarryC

PostSubject: Re: Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang   Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2022 4:26 pm

Looks fantastic sir!!  Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang 1f44d  Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang 1f44d 

I'm gonna have a go at one using Taigen lower and Ludwigs kit. Another looooong term project though! Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang 1f60e 

Barry

Last edited by BarryC on Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
treemagnet
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang   Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2022 8:20 pm

looks great
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang   Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2022 11:50 pm

I was pretty sure it was a Tamiya since the rear return roller was in the correct spot!

Looks really nice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang   Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 11:33 am

OMG that looks amazing !
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang   Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 7:44 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys. It came together really fast paint wise. Basically 24 hours. I'm almost scared to blow it so I might see if Dean will perhaps do the chipping on it. I can handle most weathering but I'm always a bit tentative when it comes to chipping. So Mike are you going to build your Tamiya JP IV kit or still use it as a donor for the PZ IV? I have to admit now it's built I actually think it's such a cool and rare tank build I prefer it. I like Dean's old build thread from years ago and used some of that as a guide. A JP IV L48 build would be really cool too
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang   Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2022 11:51 pm

I was just going to say that those Tamiya zim looks amazing, and alas it is not to be. The saukopf  and the MG cover looks amazing is it moulded replacement piece from the Atek kit ? I know they did that with the Elephant kit front glacis armour.
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang   Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 12:10 am

The mantlet. saukopf and machine gun cover, fahrer visor cover are all included in the kit and imo better than the Tamiya versions. Granted if you want to do non zimmerit the Tamiya mantlet has the casting number. I was so impressed with the Atak KT zim that I ordered the JP IV one before i ordered the actual Tamiya kit knowing now the 3 or 4 weeks it takes to get here from Poland vs the 3 day delivery from Japan for the Tamiya. The JP IV Atak is even better than the KT version. In fact I would say it is perfect. I had e-mailed Waldemar with a question about which adhesive other than epoxy to use and he said Mig's Ultra Glue. Again another absolute home run to go with the kit. Mike  I would highly recommend building the JP IV./70 kit you have especially since you are much more skilled at the innards of these things than me

Considering the insane price of the Tamiya kit to start with another 50 euros to make the kit fantastic is a good investment

https://atakmodel.istore.pl/en_US/p/ZM-1616-Zimmerit-JAGPANZER-IV70-TAMIYA-116/22730640
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang   Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 9:13 am

Very nice! Almost too nice to run around dusty and muddy battlefields. Cheers!

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang   Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2022 10:13 am

Shoveler74 wrote:
Very nice! Almost too nice to run around dusty and muddy battlefields. Cheers!

Almost.... LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
HiawathaPete
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang   Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 1:37 pm

Awesome looking tank destroyer!
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang   Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 5:09 pm

Quote :

Almost.... LOL

This is said, just before being flipped over backwards into the river. Ha haa haaa. SEND IT!

This is coming from the guy that has lost count how many times my Tamiya Panther has been tits, errr, treads up.

Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang 1f608  Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang 1f605

PostSubject: Re: Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang   Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jagdpanzer IV /70 (V) Lang

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: The Motor Pool (Builder's Section) :: WWII German-