Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
use extream caution Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 6:24 pm

» Hello new here
use extream caution Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 5:38 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
use extream caution Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
use extream caution Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
use extream caution Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
use extream caution Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
use extream caution Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
use extream caution Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

use extream caution Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
use extream caution I_vote_lcapuse extream caution I_voting_baruse extream caution I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
use extream caution I_vote_lcapuse extream caution I_voting_baruse extream caution I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

use extream caution

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

use extream caution Empty
PostSubject: use extream caution   use extream caution Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 6:51 pm

I would never talk bad about any company for one reason I would not want it to happen to myself ...but being a
Consumer i am exercising my right to free speech for a warning about a certain company named matomart
About 2 weeks ago my sherman caught fire in the mfu it took 2 pints of beer to put it out ...what a shame ...
The worst part about it was the tank was less than 1 year old and matomart would not do squat to rectifie the problem
Aside from a 100 doller credit to there online shop ....the point is offering a credit is one thing but its kind of a insult
Considering the tank costs 145.95 why not just step up and ether reemburse me...or just send a New tank for the trouble just thought you guys should know
Use causion when buying from matomart ....they simply don't give a rip about the consumers

Doug
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: use extream caution   use extream caution Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 7:46 am

I hear a lot of mixed reviews about Mato.

I for one have had many good experiences. The only real drawback being they sometimes 'forget' to reply to you about special order parts or email orders. I've had to remind them a couple times that they've been talking to me!

knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: use extream caution   use extream caution Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:11 am

The Mato Sherman was my first 1/16 scale and I had to return it 2 times to get the electronics fixed ,( $60 in shipping ).However over time I have purchased 6 more tanks and various upgrade parts from them and had good service and delivery.

How did it catch fire ,battery?Receiver?
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: use extream caution   use extream caution Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:29 pm

The fire seemed to originate from the mfu and has no visable sighns of heat at the battery connection and the battery is in perfect shape ....the only thing I can come up with is te hiigh voltage Sid of the mfu
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: use extream caution   use extream caution Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:44 pm

knispel wrote:
However over time I have purchased 6 more tanks and various upgrade parts from them and had good service and delivery.

I have had a similar experience, I have 8 HL's from Mato. Most have been upgraded to IR with SLU's and improved motors/gearboxes.

All ran fine in original configuration, but my first panther was "busted up" pretty bad inside from heavy-handed assembly at the factory; it has since been upgrade to IR and I fixed the damage;

use extream caution Verita10

Broken internals are in pictures part way down this thread;

https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com/t164-panther-g-hl-rebuild-of-my-2010-airsoft-to-slu-ir

Mato shipped me a 3:1 Gearbox with a misaligned shaft a while ago, but replaced it promptly with a good one.

Taigenss have their issues, too, as shown in the initial pictures on this thread;

https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com/t309-tiger-i-late-taigen-from-the-aff-museum-shop-to-be-done-in-abt-506-colours

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: use extream caution   use extream caution Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:33 pm

i never had any issues with any of my tanks from them always had great sevice and only problem i had was them getting back to me but it wasn't their fault it was their server . i always will order from Mato if i need something from them and if they have what i need
Back to top Go down
http://mdart8.wix.com/a-custom-rc-tanks  http://www.rcuniverse.c
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: use extream caution   use extream caution Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 7:52 am

My Sherman had electronics in too, after 5 minutes it would stop working. I didn't care, I had planned on replacing the guts from the beginning. I've never had problems with my other Heng Long tanks from Mato

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: use extream caution   use extream caution Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

use extream caution

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: Assembly Area :: General Discussion-