Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Matomart Sale again
All Quiet on the Western Front Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 10:59 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
All Quiet on the Western Front Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 6:22 pm

» TongDe New Tank
All Quiet on the Western Front Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 5:48 pm

» How many Ontario Regiment shermans will be at Aquino this year?
All Quiet on the Western Front Icon_minitimeby Robert B. Marks Yesterday at 1:08 pm

» Martin's PZ III combat god?
All Quiet on the Western Front Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 9:39 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
All Quiet on the Western Front Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:52 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
All Quiet on the Western Front Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
All Quiet on the Western Front Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm

» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
All Quiet on the Western Front Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
All Quiet on the Western Front I_vote_lcapAll Quiet on the Western Front I_voting_barAll Quiet on the Western Front I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
All Quiet on the Western Front I_vote_lcapAll Quiet on the Western Front I_voting_barAll Quiet on the Western Front I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
Smittyburger
MikeC
Jarlath
Negaduck
Maczek
Robert B. Marks

All Quiet on the Western Front

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

All Quiet on the Western Front Empty
PostSubject: All Quiet on the Western Front   All Quiet on the Western Front Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2023 1:26 am

Never really was a big fan of WWI, but this movie was highly touted. Not bad, and it looks very similar to 1917 (Which I did not see but judging from clips and trailers). Music score was interesting, very similar to Dunkirk. Anyway, long story short, highlight was the appearance of the French tank Saint Chamond during the big battle scene. Looks like they use the lower of PT-76 or BMP-1 and build the upper. 

MikeC.
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: All Quiet on the Western Front   All Quiet on the Western Front Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2023 4:25 pm

I thought the tank scene was fantastic!

And yes you're correct about it being a BMP-1

All Quiet on the Western Front St-chamond-replicas-from-netflixs-new-all-quiet-on-the-v0-zaaueshiilv91

All Quiet on the Western Front What-tank-was-used-for-this-mockup-found-in-all-quiet-on-v0-s17dyipwxrn91

MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: All Quiet on the Western Front   All Quiet on the Western Front Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2023 4:28 pm

It is strange that they choose the BMP-1, because if you look at a Saint Chamond, the lower is basically an old fashion tractor. Much easier to find couple of those then BMP-1s.

Unless they got a deal from the Ukrainian on capture Russian armours.............

All Quiet on the Western Front Char_s10
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: All Quiet on the Western Front   All Quiet on the Western Front Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2023 11:53 pm

I enjoyed the movie but it really strayed from the book particularly the ending....

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Quiet on the Western Front   All Quiet on the Western Front Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Quiet on the Western Front

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1