Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 12:16 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Yesterday at 11:27 am

» Matomart Sale again
Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun May 05, 2024 10:59 pm

» TongDe New Tank
Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 5:48 pm

» How many Ontario Regiment shermans will be at Aquino this year?
Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeby Robert B. Marks Sun May 05, 2024 1:08 pm

» Martin's PZ III combat god?
Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 9:39 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun May 05, 2024 1:52 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
Martin's First Taigen Panther I_vote_lcapMartin's First Taigen Panther I_voting_barMartin's First Taigen Panther I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Martin's First Taigen Panther I_vote_lcapMartin's First Taigen Panther I_voting_barMartin's First Taigen Panther I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
Smittyburger
MikeC
Jarlath
Maczek
Robert B. Marks
Negaduck

Martin's First Taigen Panther

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

Martin's First Taigen Panther Empty
PostSubject: Martin's First Taigen Panther   Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 12:31 pm

So Martin has finally decided to veer away from those expensive Tamiya's and go the Taigen route. He handed me his Panther. For those of you who do not know. Taigen tanks still love to use that damned Asiatam recoil/elevation unit which is a POS IMHO.

Martin wanted realistic barrel elevation and depression. +20, -8 degrees... So the first order of business was to rip out that POS turret unit... Just finished up the recoil and servo elevation of the Panther.

Last edited by Jarlath on Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Martin's First Taigen Panther   Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 12:39 pm

Lower hull is completed and upgraded with the Jarlath level of care and wiring routing.

Clark board still needs full programming, but awaiting some harness components to be delivered before finishing the project.
Back to top Go down
Hammertime999999999
Captain
Captain
Hammertime999999999

PostSubject: Re: Martin's First Taigen Panther   Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 5:31 pm

That looks pretty impressive!!
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Martin's First Taigen Panther   Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 7:07 pm

That is excellent. Exactly what I wanted. So nice to ditch those awful Asiatam internals
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Martin's First Taigen Panther   Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 9:06 pm

Nicely done !
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Martin's First Taigen Panther   Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2023 8:03 pm

Everything installed. New Flash unit, TBU Mount, IR Emitter harness!

Martin's First Taigen Panther Img_2090

Different angle for the elevation and wiring harnesses.

Martin's First Taigen Panther Img_2091

The completed package!
The IR harness is removable without opening up the tank (New bulb).  So it can look nearly perfect without the Emitter and TBU installed!

Martin's First Taigen Panther Img_2089
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Martin's First Taigen Panther   Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2023 10:29 am

That looks great. Those internals are so tidy especially after being used to Tamiya turret/lower hull rats nest wiring which gave me rotation problems again on Saturday. Looking forward to learning how to operate this one. I have always wanted to use it as a battler but it's also been the most frustrating tank I own
Back to top Go down
Abteilung 506
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Martin's First Taigen Panther   Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2023 11:29 pm

Everything is connected. It works flawlessly. Actually I'm totally mindblown by the performance. I battled my Tamiya Jagdpanther and other than me reverting out of long term habit every now and then to moving the left stick up to fire it blows battling with a Tamiya away. Thanks Mike for a great job. I imagine there are some things I haven't explored on the Clark yet like lights etc but all the stuff I worry about is working brilliantly
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: Martin's First Taigen Panther   Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2023 12:40 am

You are welcome. Tiger is next! Smile
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: Martin's First Taigen Panther   Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2023 10:44 am

Very nice indeed!

Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Abteilung 506

PostSubject: Re: Martin's First Taigen Panther   Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2023 9:10 pm

Roaring around the field today after the field work it performed fantastic. I will still give gravel a wide berth as it will jump the idler at first sight but as we move to more of the sandy soil pretty well over most of the field and with the roads bricked fingers crossed it doesn't pick up stones in the idlers like in the past
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martin's First Taigen Panther   Martin's First Taigen Panther Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Martin's First Taigen Panther

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1