Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
I published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 11:27 am

» Matomart Sale again
I published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun May 05, 2024 10:59 pm

» TongDe New Tank
I published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 5:48 pm

» How many Ontario Regiment shermans will be at Aquino this year?
I published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... Icon_minitimeby Robert B. Marks Sun May 05, 2024 1:08 pm

» Martin's PZ III combat god?
I published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Sun May 05, 2024 9:39 am

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
I published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun May 05, 2024 1:52 am

» Dean's Beast - 1/6 MkI King Tiger
I published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 pm

» Panther 1 to 1
I published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm

» 1/6 Dragon Jeep Kit
I published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
I published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... I_vote_lcapI published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... I_voting_barI published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
I published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... I_vote_lcapI published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... I_voting_barI published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
Smittyburger
MikeC
Jarlath
Negaduck
Maczek
Robert B. Marks

I published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Robert B. Marks
Corporal
Corporal

I published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... Empty
PostSubject: I published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae...   I published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2024 2:54 pm

So, this falls under general military history and theory, but...

I've finally published some of my research on the rise of the Cult of the Offensive before WW1 in the foreword to a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae.  The foreword is about 30 pages long, and talks about Schlieffen and his role in German war planning (and the (in)famous Schlieffen Plan).

For the rest of the book, I've broken up the multiple page long paragraphs for readability, restored the 101 maps, and integrated them into the text for ease of use (and they are in colour, too, which is why the book is as expensive as it is).

It hasn't gone live on Chapters Indigo yet, but it is live on Amazon.ca.  That said, for some bizarre reason the Amazon page is trying to sell copies at over $90, when the Canadian list price is $67.95.  To find the listing fulfilled by Amazon slightly under the list price, you have to go into the "new copies" section.  So, if you want a copy, please don't pay $90 for it.  I own the publishing company (hell, I AM the publishing company), and the book is not supposed to be that expensive.

Anyway, thought some here might be interested in this...
Back to top Go down

I published some of my research in a new edition of Schlieffen's Cannae...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1