Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:36 am

» Hello new here
My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:13 am

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 11:59 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
My first R/C tank - Page 2 I_vote_lcapMy first R/C tank - Page 2 I_voting_barMy first R/C tank - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
My first R/C tank - Page 2 I_vote_lcapMy first R/C tank - Page 2 I_voting_barMy first R/C tank - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

My first R/C tank

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
knispel
Retired
knispel

My first R/C tank - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first R/C tank   My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:01 pm

CJ781 wrote:
Yes i did know it was a replica, I had read somewhere that it was. I've looked at buying a real tank, if I could use it to pick corn with I'd buy one as they cost the same as the combine I just bought!

Now that is something I'd love to see.
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
CJ781
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
CJ781

PostSubject: Re: My first R/C tank   My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:25 pm

Well, I haven't progressed any further yet....I'm scared! lol I need to practice my camo abilities with the airbrush, so I built a 1/16 mock up that I will practice on. here's some picts
My first R/C tank - Page 2 Img_0211
My first R/C tank - Page 2 Img_0212
I think I might market these as test beds for painting tanks on ebay,... just kidding. Anywho, I'm hoping I can test techniques and the like before commiting to the real thing. This was mainly posted to show my silliness. I thought yall might get a chuckle out of it.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: My first R/C tank   My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:43 pm

I've heard of Paper Panzers, but never actally seen one! Shocked Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: My first R/C tank   My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 3:09 am

I love the lines of the Panzer 3, probably my favourite tank to look at.

CJ781
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
CJ781

PostSubject: Re: My first R/C tank   My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:33 pm

My first R/C tank - Page 2 Iphone10

Let's play "What did we learn today?!"
I learned how to do airbrush camo! For a first timer its some tricky sh*t! IMO I need to be a bit smoother with the lines and learn a bit more about the distance at which I need to be.

I learned water works better to thin for the airbrush although my thinner was not "airbrush" thinner. And it seems to be quite forgiving if you don't get the right ratio paint:water as long as its thin enough to go through the brush.

I learned that when changing the nozzles say from 0.3mm to 0.5mm that you may want to change the needle too! Hence the yellow splat on top the turret. I learned this post-paint job.

I really want critiqued here! I offer this up to my peers a humble novice airbrusher! Anything goes! It was very fun, I mean it was a literal pleasure painting the scheme on.

I think the best part I painted was the back of the tank and here is a picture of that. I will probably re-prime and do another practice. What a blast though!
My first R/C tank - Page 2 Iphone11
Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: My first R/C tank   My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:49 pm

first thing when i learn to airbrush was in the book that came with the airbrush was on strokes, controling the airbrush.
so in the book was practice lines even when i started painting signs i had to do this for 2 weeks was lines lines lines...lol
so it was lots of lines just like this llllllllllllllllll ////////////// \\\\\\\\\\\\\\ ------------- =======
so what you are doing is a good thing gaining contol of your airbrush and getting a feel for what it can and can not do will help when you go to do your tank for real and if you get a blotch don't worry about it you can always touch it up with the main colour or another part of the camo pattern

what type of paint are you using on your trail piece and what are you going to use on the tank itself

CJ781
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
CJ781

PostSubject: Re: My first R/C tank   My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 7:51 pm

on the real tank im using Lifecolor German Camo acrylics (desert colors) and I think I will have to do a bit of blending to get exactly what I want. On the fake tank its acrylics with an acrylic primer, nothing fancy. Just learning technique. I bought a Valeijo kit for my base paints.
PS I will definetly be practicing the line techniques!
Back to top Go down
CJ781
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
CJ781

PostSubject: Re: My first R/C tank   My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 2:10 am

I have not done any work in the longest time on this project! Absolutly no time this summer. Hope to get things going again eventually. I've acquired a pretty decent setup for when I do.

PostSubject: Re: My first R/C tank   My first R/C tank - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first R/C tank

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2