Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Miscellaneous Images 2024
what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 10:26 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Hello new here
what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
what other hobbies do you have? I_vote_lcapwhat other hobbies do you have? I_voting_barwhat other hobbies do you have? I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
what other hobbies do you have? I_vote_lcapwhat other hobbies do you have? I_voting_barwhat other hobbies do you have? I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

what other hobbies do you have?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

what other hobbies do you have? Empty
PostSubject: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:14 am

I am curious as to what other hobbies you lads have.

Apart from heavy drinking and the occasional bout of uncontrolled sobbing, I am into 1/43 scale Slot Cars.

Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:51 am

Well, apart from heavy drinking too.

I love history, not just WWII, all of it. If I'm watching TV, 90% off the time it's on the history channel. I read 5 to 7 books a year on anything history related. I don't care to much about the political stuff. I just wish I could remember half of what I've read or watch. Rolling Eyes

I'm also a hockey fan, even though I can't skate. Embarassed My team is the Montreal Canadiens, but I'll watch any team if it's a good game. So, I've never watch a Maple Leaf game. Very Happy

And I also have large collection of comic books, which last time I checked was valved around $5000.

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:17 pm

I like to draw and paint
i use to built model cars and trucks 1/24 scale still have a few around but gave most of then to my brother
and i use to lift weights all the time play hockey and baseball i wasn't the greatest at baseball...lol
our team did win the championship one year which was cool and i use to love motocrossing i had an old bike but i put a lot of work into it it was 1974 Suzuki TM125
now i like to do airbrushing and painting i don't do much drawing anymore and i like paint and working on the RC Tanks one of my best hobbies is spending time with my Daughter
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:21 pm

I do everything RC, started with large scale warships, then 'fast' sailboats, speedboats.. On to 'foamy' planes, one of which was a 46" wingspan Corsair I upgraded the snot out of.. 100 MPH level flight!

Now tanks Very Happy

Also just purchased a nitro 'stadium truck'.. it rips!

Should I include computers games? Wink

AND I cycle Very Happy

TeTris MoNk
Sergeant
Sergeant
TeTris MoNk

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:16 pm

I pretend I'm in the army. Airsofting! Like paintballing but more Mil-Sim. As well I game to the point I'm guaranteed carpal tunnel when I'm old.

what other hobbies do you have? IMAG0287
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:35 pm

remind me not to make you angry TeTris...lol
Back to top Go down
TeTris MoNk
Sergeant
Sergeant
TeTris MoNk

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:30 am

Oh I've poured atleast a $1000 into that sport. Alot of people around you're age do WWII re-enactments. Its actually soo cool. Using M1 Thompsons, MP-40s, Stens.
Back to top Go down
real_hulu
Sergeant
Sergeant
real_hulu

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:43 am

I play flight simulation game such as FSX, IL2, RISE OF FLIGHT and DCS ka-50...
but I always keep away from the RC plane.... the reason? quite simple. you may lost a lot of money in just few minutes... Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Fireman Tim wrote:
I am into 1/43 scale Slot Cars.

Hey Tim,

Isn't 1/43 scale a weird sizes, who came up with that? Do you have any pictures of your track or cars.
I always love playing with them when I was younger. Hmmm, I wonder if my wife will let have another hobby? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
eggman1965
Private

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 1:54 pm

World of Tanks is becoming an obsession! I also play soccer, guitar and drink Guinness!
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:25 pm

I like Guinness too!!! drunken It's mothers milk! hic!

Back to top Go down
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Since,

I have toyed with slot cars for the last 3 years. I have 1/43 slot cars and track by carrera on a 16'x4' table. I am building a desert formula one track that is about 70' long. I'll be upgrading it to digital soon, so i can run 3 cars on 2 slots with lane changing. Lots of fun.

I'll post some pics soon.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:41 pm

That sounds great Tim! Do you have any video too?

Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Clay Target Competition (trapshooting) and Motorcycling (2010 Victory Vision 8 Ball)

http://0.tqn.com/d/motorcycles/1/0/v/k/-/-/Victory_Vision_8Ball.jpg

Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi Tim I too am into slot cars. My main interest was HO scale and at one point had a 24 X 8 ft layout .I can still smell the ozone after a day of competition! After the divorce I was forced to down size but I still have several 1/24 carrera evolution cars , a 1/43 FI track set along with a number of 1/32 scale scalelectric and of course a good collection of my fav HO AFX/Thunderjet etc. For many years I built planes but crashed too many times to count. My collection of several hundred plastic car and truck models was sold in the spring to fund this new RC tank hobby.
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Ummm, let's see now...

R/C cars 1/10 scale I think, R/C submarines (of course), R/C spitfire and two Bi-planes, 5 ft wing span and Classic cars. Yea, that outta do it.

Tried copters... smash, crash...er... not for me. lol

Can-Am Tank Club <<< Web site link

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member2.html
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 8:49 pm

Stinger wrote:

Tried copters... smash, crash...er... not for me. lol

Helicopters want to crash, it is the pilot's job to prevent that.

Definitely not good for me Embarassed Wink Laughing

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 8:51 pm

I can make mine bounce! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 8:57 pm

A guy at work has had 7 or was it 8 heli's.

And has written everyone of them off in fairly short order, at about $200.00 a pop. Shocked

I'll stick with tanks Wink

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:01 pm

After fling mine, I now know why there are so many plane guys into tanks now. lol!

Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 3:33 am

<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="100%"><tr><td colSpan="2">

I like to draw and paint
i use to built model cars and trucks 1/24 scale still have a few around but gave most of then to my brother
and i use to lift weights all the time play hockey and baseball i wasn't the greatest at baseball...lol
our team did win the championship one year which was cool and i use to love motocrossing i had an old bike but i put a lot of work into it it was 1974 Suzuki TM125
now i like to do airbrushing and painting i don't do much drawing anymore and i like paint and working on the RC Tanks one of my best hobbies is spending time with my Daughter

what other hobbies do you have? Pdr_2214

what other hobbies do you have? Pdr_2324
what other hobbies do you have? 52152010
what other hobbies do you have? Pdr_1311

</td></tr></table>
what other hobbies do you have? Empty what other hobbies do you have? Empty
Back to top Go down
http://mdart8.wix.com/a-custom-rc-tanks  http://www.rcuniverse.c
Negaduck
Captain
Captain
Negaduck

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 12:30 pm

what other hobbies do you have? Forsale009

what other hobbies do you have? 002-5_zps080a8e30
once the guns are hooked up i will be sinking other ships

what other hobbies do you have? 001-7

what other hobbies do you have? Wall-E-D2andEva-3PO_zps42c6a52b

what other hobbies do you have? 001-7_zps06bc55a8
still working on this paintball sniper

what other hobbies do you have? RED_Bonk_zps851c5c3c
taking parts from other model kit made by Games workshop i made this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what other hobbies do you have?   what other hobbies do you have? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what other hobbies do you have?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1