The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

CalendarLog inHomeRegisterGalleryFAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» My next project - Asiatam FAMO
Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Yesterday at 8:49 pm

» Battleday Sep 21, 2019
Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby hachleopard2 Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:23 pm

» Clark's Recoil Kit
Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:04 pm

» Grease and Gears!
Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:50 pm

» Battle Weekend Sept. 6-7-8 Are you in???
Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby treemagnet Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:15 pm

» Tanker of the Year Points Standings 2019
Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:29 am

» Christian Ludwig Fire
Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby knispel Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:21 am

» The Japanese Tiger Tank
Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:09 pm

» Full Scale Plastic Tiger I
Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:30 pm

Top posting users this month
MikeC
Military Muster - Page 2 I_vote_lcapMilitary Muster - Page 2 I_voting_barMilitary Muster - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Jarlath
Military Muster - Page 2 I_vote_lcapMilitary Muster - Page 2 I_voting_barMilitary Muster - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Shoveler74
knispel
Airbrushler
Strato50
Negaduck
dgsselkirk
Stince
kaptain Jack

Military Muster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Airbrushler
General
General
Airbrushler

Military Muster - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:01 am

a big thanks To Stince i had the wood for the panels but he worked on all the buildings himself i'm sure he had to add wood for putting them together and  he bought the tree for cutting down for the event
i have to get some stuff ready this coming week i haven't been able to get much done i have had my daughter with me for the past week and she will  be going home this weekend

so it's crunch time for me i have to contact Mato for the Tank door prize and Clark for the Board i have to make some banners to advertise for them

i have to make a Bridge and add some terrain for the tanks to go over  i'm a bit nervous but it might be a fun time, plus you will have to time to go look at some of the military vehicles they have at the show, bring your camera Ian you take great photos

if i'm forgetting something let me know i have to get my list together this weekend so i don't forget anything

oh we are not sure of having an electrical outlet for us yet anyone have any ideas just have to make sure our batteries are charged but stince and i were wondering if anyone has a laptop to show videos i will look at trying to get one from my sister  just need something that the battery will last a long time

Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:11 am

You don't need to build a bridge if you wish, I can bring the one I just finished. It is also made to go on any flat surface also. let me know.

We have secured the club banner for the event also. Not to mention we will all have our new CanAm shirts to show off....wooot !

Camera...check. (like I go anywhere without it...lol)

Stinger

Can-Am Tank Club <<< Web site link

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member2.html
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:20 am

<<  Willing to 'donate' (temporarily.. ) a couple tanks for static or driving demo's. 

If it's possible to just re-bind the receivers to any Spektrum compatible radios, that'd work best. I only have one... lol

Airbrushler
General
General
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:21 am

if you have room to bring your bridge then do so it looks great i would like to see it in person

Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:50 am

Thanks for the offer Strato, we might take you up on the offer.

Stinger, most definitely bring your bridge. thumbs up

Back to top Go down
http://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:40 pm

As mentioned at the previous battle day, we are looking to have an answer on commitment to attend this show for a Can Am Tank Club display.

If you are considering going, please come to the battle day with your answer.

We have additional information on hotels if one is needed for overnight stay.

Here is the link to the event.

http://militarymuster.ca/events/

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:11 pm

New banner and post cards for handouts ordered for the show! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Glen B
Major General
Major General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Stinger wrote:

If you are considering going, please come to the battle day with your answer.

Confirmed, today, I am going.

General
General
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:36 pm

just got this email

Greetings

With less than 3 weeks to go here's some FYI. Where does the time go?

I do know that some of you will be going to other events, but this will give you an idea of what is still going ahead for the Southern Ontario Military Muster.

For those of you who are joining us for our 4th annual muster, we look forward to seeing you at our new location....... Essex Arena Grounds, 60 Fairview Ave., W. Essex, ON

Here are some tidbits of information for you.

1.SITE

• - Attached is most recent site plan. Black lines will be fencing. Added trench and VN checkpoint at entrance to field.
  • -old arena at top is for vendors and displays
  • -grassy area in middle will have displays from Regs, Militia, Cadets, Afghan memorial cross array, Vet's Affairs, Korea vets,Mess tent and so on
  • -historical stuff will be in farm field. It has low furrows from the crop so it may be bumpy
  • -sand bags provided with wood chips for fill.
  • -battle will be corodinated by WW2 Reenactor Group. Sort out Friday.

2. ADVERTISING

• -we have starting the promos now in all media. Already had our ad in Windsor Summer Fest and "Tall Ship" insert in the Windsor Star. Main sign up at the site. Small signs starting to go out. Brochures have been out at Tourist bureaus for a while.

3. TIMINGS

• 3,4 Aug - set up. get trench dug in and fencing up 9am till ..........

• 5-8 Aug - finish set up. Stationary vehicles towed in. Need volunteers.

• 9 Aug - arrivals and set up Starting at noon till 8pm Friday including registration for those who have not filled out their forms
  • 10 Aug - morning arrivals 7:30 - 8:30 am set up. Must be ready in time for 9am gate opening
  • Over the past couple years we have heard that Vendors don't get a chance to see the Opening ceremony. This year we are going to give you that opportunity by voting when you arrive. We would like to close the arena and lock it for your protection so you can join and see the Veterans receive proper recognition. This will be your chance to voice your opinion Yes or No to closing for ceremonies.

• 10,11 aug - show - Hope you took advantage of pre-registration...... If not please do so immediately so you don't have to wait in line www.militarymuster.ca look for Applications across the top and look for you application, read the instructions, fill out and send back to somm.militarymuster@gmail.com or fill out one of the attachments and send it back.

1. 0700 reveille, breakfast and prep
  2. 0700-0830 - Last Minute Vendor set up
  3. 0700-0830 - last minute Registration - We will be using our list of those who have already sent in their application forms. If not registered, you wait will be much longer
  4. 0900 open to public
  5. 1150 - Memorial Arena - Display area will be closed so that Vendors may see and take part in the Opening Ceremonies
  6. 1200 (Sat only) Opening ceremony/Korea vets tribute
  7. 1300 (Sat only) meet & chat with our special of the day Korean Vets or any other vet you see or know - Shake Hands, Thank a Vet
  8. 1315 roll past
  9. Entertainment provided between events
  10. 1345 rate of fire
  11. entertainment provided between events
  12. 1415 trench event
  13. Entertainment provided between events
  14. 1545 battle
  15. 1600 official close but public tends to linger

• 12 - ? tear down - Need Volunteers - Don't just leave it to the tired organizers! Help would be appreciated.

4. RATIONS

• - Breakfast (pancakes and sausage -MacDonalds & Tim Hortons providing coffee) and lunch (burgers, hot dogs chips, pop) provided free ONLY to reenactors. Rations cards will be issued. Others can buy breakfast and lunch.
  • water will be provided on a continuous basis for reeneactors, and available at different locations
  • -Mess tent run by 45th Scouts Canada will be open all day to public. No alcohol served,
  • -after hours you're on your own. Macdonald's and Tim's, A-1 Chinese Restaurant, Rizzo (pizza & pasta) in Essex and Pizza joint across the street.
  • Morning restaurants if you want something different - Roses Kitchen across the road, uptown- Main Street Diner, & Delux Restaurant
  • -absolutely no alcohol during public hours. After hours in moderation. Strictly enforced.

5. FIRES

• -on farmer's field. To be determined by Fire Marshal. Depends a lot on dryness of stubble, etc. Wood provided
  • -Geoff working on getting CMP firetruck going

6. AMMO

• - blanks are in = 303 long, 7.92, 30-06, 308 and carbine. 40 tennis balls for grenade launchers. 10 rounds for rate of fire ( determine who on fri night). 20 (24 for garands) for battle. 50 for MG, 100 for battle.
  • -issue will be free so ignore that part of reenactor application about deposit. I would ask you to try to gather up he used brass to cash in at metal recycler. (Every bit helps). If you want to bring your own to supplement that's fine. May increase issue depending on how many show up. NO BALL ammo will be brought!!
  • -all firearms rules and safety regs will be strictly enforced. There is an OPP Detachment near the entrance so we have to be careful.
  • -still working on pyro

7 ABLUTIONS

• -We can use the vendor/display arena facilities during open hours. Will be locked after for security. Portajohns and washstands on site.
  • -water point at new arena.
  • Showers will be available after public leave the grounds. Times are yet to be determind

8. PERSONNEL

• -Please register. Boss is getting anxious that only a few have registered. Need a count for breakfast order and ammo issue
  • -So far we have Reps from Roman, 1812. WW1 Can, WW2 Allied and German, Vietnam. Vehicles are another Dept. There wil be a Sexton, BMP, at least 3 carriers, halftrack and their people for the battle.
  • -some of you have given a 'maybe'. Would you please give me a Yes or No.
  • -some of you local boys will be going to "Thunder". Could please save some energy and come here for one day.

10. FORT MALDEN TIMELINE 3.4 Aug

• Mike Appel and another SOMM member will be set up here with WW1 stuff instead of being at Essex for set up. If anybody else attending we can discuss the Muster.
  • Geoff is providing a CMP and info table for the Malden Muster.

This is the Plan right now and I will advise of any changes. As you military guys know - No plan survives contact with the enemy

Please contact me if you have any questions or need clarifications.

Linda Iler
Secretary
Southern Ontario Military Muster
Not-For-Profit Organization-Nov 29,2012
http://militarymuster.ca
linda.iler.somm@gmail.com
519-796-3393

Airbrushler
General
General
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:46 pm

well guys went to the meeting tonight some stuff still in the air cause it's also their first time at this location bring your chairs that you bring for battle days unless Derek has some  hydro still a ? but hope that there will be some they said they would do what they can i'm bringing an extension cord so is Derek so i hope this will be good for us i will bring my Charger and a bar plug
going to bring a cooler of water and or some pops

here is the inside of the arena looking into the dark section to the right is where we will be looks like a good amount of space the 1/6th guys will be on the left and bot of us will be in the corners inbetween the two corners will be our field i have 2 tables that will be $10 i will pay this and Derek will have a 8 foot table also i have a couple of self units i will bringwe can display some tanks on there so nobody can get to them things we work out i think this is going to be a good time 

the bay door is the entrance and exit 

Airbrushler
General
General
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:51 pm

here is an aerial view of the grounds

Military Muster - Page 2 Pdr_2518

Military Muster - Page 2 Pdr_2519

Airbrushler
General
General
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:15 pm

this outside the arena it's next to the new one the parking lot in the pics will be for War Vets and Handicap only looking at the pics above the building marked  A is the old arena that we will be in they said no other doors except that bay door will be open if we have hydro close by im bringing a fan just incase
the parking lot above the in the pic above the A building will be our vendors parking so it's fairly close and way beter then some you see the field below the new arena thatthe battle field  for the reenactors they will be having to park way passed that ball diamond in that far corner ...that sucks

Airbrushler
General
General
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 2:47 am

well one more week i have lots to do i also have my daughter down she will have to be patient while i get these things done  tried to get in touch with
Captain Action only to get the answering machine oh well i guess he is on his own i called twice to remind him i'm sure is is a busy person and has many things to do hope he can make it be cool to see some of the 1/6 stuff there also

Last edited by Airbrushler on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mdart8.wix.com/a-custom-rc-tanks  http://www.rcuniverse.c
Captain Action
of the Pan-Tiger Panzer Div.
Captain Action

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 2:35 pm

I will be there on Friday (Sat, Sun) helping out with the 1/6 stuff...and tanks..
I will have my PZ4 for people to try, some plastic garden wall to set up , small (9 inch?) orange cones my battery charger can be hooked up to a car battery if needed. One (or two?) house some trucks and stuff, I will see what I can fit in the car.
SEE YA...

Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 2:40 pm

I'm making a slide show with our battle pics that will be displayed on my laptop if we have power.

Let's see if we can make power a priority so that we can also hook up our chargers, TV, massager lazy-boy and of course a Jacuzzi... yea, that outta do it.

Stinger

Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
General
General
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 6:28 pm

Captain Action wrote:
I will be there on Friday (Sat, Sun) helping out with the 1/6 stuff...and tanks..
I will have my PZ4 for people to try, some plastic garden wall to set up , small (9 inch?) orange cones my battery charger can be hooked up to a car battery if needed. One (or two?) house some trucks and stuff, I will see what I can fit in the car.
SEE YA...

Airbrushler
General
General
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:06 am

well i have't seen any of the prizes arrive yet but even if not i will make a sign to advertise them i made some small forms that people can put their name and number  hope the show goes well

Ian the laptop is a good thing i hope we have lots of hydro yes please do bring the laptop for sure

Airbrushler
General
General
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:51 pm

hoping you guys have a good and safe trip

Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Day one of the Military Show was a great success! Very Happy 

Special thanks to Ian and Glen for coming down and Captian Action was entertaining as always.

Military Muster - Page 2 1-military-31

Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
General
General
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 11:32 pm

As Stince said it was a great time and was successful lots of people came to this show  and a lot that didn't even know that
RC Tanks exsisted but now they know and so many seemed very interested in them

Airbrushler
General
General
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 2:31 am

Military Muster - Page 2 Pdr_2510

Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 4:13 am

Oh wow, Clark and Mato had reps there or...?

Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:41 am

No Clark didn't have reps there, Clark apparently donated a board in exchange for the sign and advertising. The board was was to be put in a hat a draw for it held. at least that is what I am told.
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Major General
Major General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:47 am

Strato50 wrote:
Oh wow, Clark and Mato had reps there or...?
No, just;

Stince, Airbrushler, Stinger, Captain Action and I

The Capt. is on his way to being a local TV celebrity Wink

Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
knispel

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:17 am

Looks like you guys did a pretty good job  promoting the club and the hobby . Well done thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Military Muster   Military Muster - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Military Muster

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: Assembly Area :: General Discussion-