The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

CalendarLog inHomeRegisterGalleryFAQ
Can-Am Battleday: Kitchener - Sat. July 22nd
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» new GMC 6x6 military truck
by Jarlath Today at 1:24 am

» My Tiger tank hit a mine today
by Jarlath Today at 1:20 am

» Battleday - Kitchener - July 22nd, 2017
by hachleopard2 Yesterday at 8:04 pm

» I can't help but perhaps the boys down south?
by dgsselkirk Yesterday at 4:12 pm

» Big Mike's Recoil system & manlet mounts
by Jarlath Yesterday at 12:48 pm

» Working on the Lav
by Jarlath Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:09 am

» M1A1 HA, TUSK I
by BarryC Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:43 am

» The Great Track Debate
by Wolfleader Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:09 am

» Lipo storage and charging...
by Jarlath Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:30 pm

Top posting users this month
Jarlath

dgsselkirk

MikeC

hachleopard2

Airbrushler

knispel

Wolfleader

Stince

Jughead

Bud

Share | .

Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glen B
Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:37 pm

Dues are the same as last year, $20.00 for the year.

IMHO, this is a bargain for what we have available, there.

I will bring the membership forms to the meet.

Please make cheques payable to: Black Creek Community Association

The following information needs to be filled in on the form;

Last Name: First Name:
Spouse Last Name: First Name:
Street Address: Town/City:
Postal Code: Email Address:
Telephone:

General
General

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:55 pm

Do you take cash? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Glen B
Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:57 pm

Sure, cash is good, too.

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:20 am

Only $20? Damn man i want to move out there now Razz

Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:47 pm

I am bringing a bag of pennies, last ones you will see apparently lol I am soooo stoked to get there
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:24 pm

Freakydude wrote:
I am bringing a bag of pennies, last ones you will see apparently lol

I am hoping the lol indicates the pennies are a jest, I can't turn $20.00 worth of them over to the Black Creek Community Association for a membership, we need to keep our hosts happy.

The weather report is good, the field is in good shape for April, better than last April, as I recall.

I will be there early to have the building open.

See everyone there.

Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:55 pm

ok Glen no pennies how about I bring nickels? you gotta klnow that I am kidding lol
Back to top Go down
White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:31 am

Freakydude wrote:
ok Glen no pennies how about I bring nickels? you gotta klnow that I am kidding lol

I would happly donate dimes to make you count em...

Major General

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:07 am

Freakydude wrote:

I was not seeing the humour in a lot of things last night. I threw my back out yesterday afternoon (if it turned out like the last time, I would not be going to the meet, today Shocked ), but I did get the field cut in the evening.

For general interest, especially for the new guys, I should have explained how things work with the membership in my first post.

The Can Am RC Tank Club is hosted by the Black Creek Community Association at its facility, which is an old country school building and yard.

The membership fees do not go to the Can Am RC Tank Club, basically, to use the facility, we join the Black Creek Community Association, which is a volunteer run outfit.

There are no actual dues for the Can Am, neither the Can Am or any of its members receive any of the fees. I have volunteered to collect the dues and turn them over to the Black Creek Community Association.

For our $20.00 we get;

- A field they let us do quite a bit with (and they are expanding it for us)

- Use of the Hall, its washrooms, tables, full paved parking lot

- We run under their liability insurance (a necessary evil, these days)

White Tiger wrote:
Freakydude wrote:

I would happly donate dimes to make you count em...

It would not be me that would be counting them Wink , it would be the volunteer who looks after the membership for the Black Creek Community Association, I doubt that that would make them happy, and we want them to be happy we are there; we need them, more than they need us.

Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:20 am

must be in case of a run away tanks lol!

Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:36 am

Negaduck wrote:

must be in case of a run away tanks lol!

No, not really.

I remember when this stuff wasn't necessary but things have changed.

I have been on the board of our local sportsmans club for 20 years, and between that and work experience, I have learned about the need to have insurance in today's society.

Our society is such, now, that organizations, and those who are involved in operating them, are foolish to run without insurance.

Most people are good, and things usually go well, but it takes just one "I tripped over the stairs etc., or one of your toy tanks at your event, hurt my leg and now I can't work for a while, my lawyer will be in touch" to total alter your world.

Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Sun May 12, 2013 8:57 am

A reminder to anyone out for the first time in 2013, we are collecting dues and having members fill out the Black Creek Community Association form; this year, they are issuing us membership cards.

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Sun May 12, 2013 9:46 am

when is the deadline i have to wait until i can get some extra money

Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Sun May 12, 2013 10:14 am

Airbrushler wrote:
when is the deadline i have to wait until i can get some extra money

Greg

Don't worry about it, the Can Am doesn't have dues, the $20.00 is strictly for the Black Creek Community Association, if a person is not able to come out, they are not using the facility, so IMHO, they don't need to pay (until such time as they do come out),

The $20.00 supports the Black Creek Community Association who, as we have seen, are doing some neat things for us, and we operate under their insurance, I think its a good deal.

We'll catch you when you are able to attend Very Happy

Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:59 pm

is there a benefit on the forums? like member only polls and such, also what hobby store's give discounts and its $25 now  << new memeber

Tiger Power
Der Tiger ist auf dem losen
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:19 pm

As Glen stated, mostly for the use of the battle field in Fort Erie.
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:49 pm

MikeC wrote:
As Glen stated, mostly for the use of the battle field in Fort Erie.

Yes, this is correct.

The dues actually go to the Black Creek Centre, we become members of that organization.

We get quite a bit for that;

- Use of a piece of land there that is exclusive for us
- Use of the building and its wash rooms and kitchen
- Use of a propane BBQ, we do supply our own propane
- Use of paved parking lot
- Place to park the trailer that stores the battlefield buildings, etc.
- Operate under their insurance (in these days, a necessity, I would not operate a club without it)

Anyone that has tried to set up and operate any type of club soon finds out the above requirements are not always easy to meet, especially at a low cost.

We do have to cut the grass on the field, some of us that live in the area have done this since 2011; although any new help in that regard would always be welcome.

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:49 pm

I'm only 15 minutes away , can be there early to help setup , cut grass etc
Back to top Go down
Negaduck
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:52 pm

you are hired for cutting grass. Do you work for nothing Very Happy

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:24 am

I'll trade the grass cutting for some IR battle advice ,
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:21 pm

I am sure the field prep guys can use a hand. IR advice will be numerous and varied......... Surprised
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:34 pm

Jughead wrote:
I'm only 15 minutes away , can be there early to help setup , cut grass etc

Thank you, EXCELLENT news, and most welcome!

This would be a most appreciated addition to our "over the hill" work party. (it wasn't too bad before my knee went bad in 2014 Shocked ).

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:23 pm

No problem , anything to help out , I'll probably go day before to cut grass so we're not driving thru clumps of grass from the morning dew , how short do you guys chopped it down ? I took drive to black creek in November just to check it out from the YouTube videos and it looked quite long
Back to top Go down
Negaduck
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:47 pm

i would say it's about 1/2 to a inch long maybe a bit longer than that but the hills we leave longer so the tanks can use it as cover. The river bed always needs weeding

Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:31 pm

Jughead wrote:
No problem , anything to help out , I'll probably go day before to cut grass so we're not driving thru clumps of grass from the morning dew , how short do you guys chopped it down ? I took drive to black creek in November just to check it out from the YouTube videos and it looked quite long

It was likely quite long.

I have been involved in field maintenance since 2011 and have more experience with it than I like  Laughing

The big thing is to try to cut it about every 10 days so it doesn't turn into a hay field.

Nice in theory but is doesn't work that way; the current 3 "local" guys are close to, or over retirement age.  

One lives far enough away that it is a 1 hour commitment just to get there and back home before he does anything.

Another should not be doing any cutting right now.

Then there's me, 10 minutes away but I have had knee problems since 2014, have my own 1+ acres to look after, am still working full time and field work competes with motorcycling.

In a heavy grass growing year, the difficulty is getting the clippings off, this means a bagger (which needs emptying, a lot) or raking and using a leaf blower.

I bring my vintage Lawnboy and cut it on the lowest setting, basically, the edges of the mower deck just about skid on the ground.

What I call a maintenance cut (done between meets) can be done any convenient, dry day. This can be done in about 1 hour.

A field prep cut (to get ready for a meet) takes more watching the weather.  It is best to cut for field prep 24 hours before the meet, or no more than 48 hours.  Meets are on a Saturday, this means we need both the promise of a dry Friday evening to do the cut and, of course, a dry Saturday after it, for the meet.  We have become fairly adept at reading the forecasts  Smile  Prep is more involved and takes about 2 hours.

That's the long story on it but it needs to be done if we are to have a good meet, so, there's mor to the hobby than research, electronics, painting, etc.   Wink

PostSubject: Re: Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet   

Back to top Go down

Membership Fees Are Due For 2013; Payable At Your First Meet

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: Assembly Area :: BattleDays-