Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 11:31 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 6:31 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:46 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 pm

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:01 pm

» Work an Play Day April 6th!
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:39 am

» Dragon 1/6 M4 Sherman 76mm
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:09 am

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 I_voting_barTank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 I_voting_barTank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
treemagnet
AngryMonkey
Hilario

Tank Arrived Let the work start!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:41 pm

ok what does your tank do and what wont it do need good pic of all your wiring need to see how wires are into your receiver and what colours are where and into your board want to see your volume control wires into the board did you try a new spaeker yet?

White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:00 pm

Airbrushler wrote:
ok what does your tank do and what wont it do need good pic of all your wiring need to see how wires are into your receiver and what colours are where and into your board want to see your volume control wires into the board did you try a new spaeker yet?

I don't own another speaker and this one is brand new from Immortal hobbies........ as things sit right now

-Erratic Control, this is most likely me programing my remote badly since i can't find a guide for clark boards + Spektrum Dx6i's (The ones i have found are for tamiya and just created new problems) I have tried following every guide to get the left stick to control the tank but no luck so far. (Plugging,unplugging, programming so on)

-Sound won't function, I am getting a whine from the metal things on the board and just once the speaker........

-Am currently working on the turret so i am not sure if it will work yet, should have that done later tonight.

I will be rewireing the engines later since they are pretty shotty looking....along with the power switch. (should clean up the inside a bit too)

I am honestly thinking i might be in over my head here but since i can't afford to have a pro get it going i am going to keep plugging away till i go insane (more so)

Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Tank4_zpsdc125125Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Tank3_zps1ae2dc61Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Tank2_zps080e76e3Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 20130430_030853_zpsbc87bf53

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:05 pm

WELL both the motors just blew, this thing is a piece of shit.

Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:55 pm

White Tiger wrote:
WELL both the motors just blew, this thing is a piece of shit.

Sorry to hear that. I always tried to make first timer avoid first sour apple. Lot of first timer quit this way. Maybe sent it to somebody here to fix it up for you.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:32 pm

I don't have the cash to send it anywhere........that is the problem he also put more then i paid as the value so i got dinged $150 dollars by customs -_- ever so pissed off right now i just wanted a nice solid tank to work with and got the biggest Lemon ever.

Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:38 pm

Remember what i told you? *sigh* But it is ok, do not quit. just fix it up some how. Maybe put it up for sale if you can not fix.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:48 pm

tomzag wrote:
Remember what i told you? *sigh* But it is ok, do not quit. just fix it up some how. Maybe put it up for sale if you can not fix.

How much should i ask for a refund? the tracks & road wheels are metal.........so i just need another body that runs basically to put them on, the turret has a metal barrel i can rip off and remount....suggestions?

Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:51 pm

Like i said, no expert on those tanks, people here will give you better idea. Believe me, just buy a ready to run if you want those tanks. or buy a tamiya if you want to build from a kit.
Back to top Go down
White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:57 pm

tomzag wrote:
Like i said, no expert on those tanks, people here will give you better idea. Believe me, just buy a ready to run if you want those tanks. or buy a tamiya if you want to build from a kit.

Yes but i have NO MONEY LEFT that is the problem i am trying to salvage what i can from this stupid thing but i am not sure if i can save anything!

General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:52 pm

...you 'blew' the motors? What were you trying to do... ?

The tank should run just fine in default settings with a Clark & radio, you keep mentioning programming but I have no idea what you need to 'program', it's not necessary.

You need to relax, read up and consider some patience. If you HAD the thing rolling, then it arrived to you fine. Changing the control functions, stick wise, is simply a matter of rearranging which wires go where into your receiver..

You have a solid base to work on, but as I mentioned earlier I think you're jumping too far ahead for someone who isn't willing to read up about what he's buying.

Ask any old R/c flier.. how many people show up to the field, having never flown before, in a brand new 100" wingspan P-51D Mustang they paid $2000 for... despite everyone's cautions, they insist it will be easy to fly, as they cartwheel it down the runway into a flaming wreck. You have to start slowly... your tank isnt broken yet, you have to learn it.

Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:00 am

Also lets keep your tank issues to this thread, you're overwhelming even me here Im having a hard time keeping track of whats breaking / on fire....

White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:01 am

Strato50 wrote:
Also lets keep your tank issues to this thread, you're overwhelming even me here Im having a hard time keeping track of whats breaking / on fire....

I have been refunded since it turns out he changed the motors in it to his old ones thinking they would work & I found other damage\ missing parts on the tank when i looked closer...... So time to save for a tamiya i guess? i got a wickedly good Radio & Receiver at least! (And my Clark board if it works still...)

Edit: I would seem to need the most Idiot proof tank possible to go with my radio\receiver lol

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:06 am

Strato50 wrote:
...you 'blew' the motors? What were you trying to do... ?

The tank should run just fine in default settings with a Clark & radio, you keep mentioning programming but I have no idea what you need to 'program', it's not necessary.

You need to relax, read up and consider some patience. If you HAD the thing rolling, then it arrived to you fine. Changing the control functions, stick wise, is simply a matter of rearranging which wires go where into your receiver..

You have a solid base to work on, but as I mentioned earlier I think you're jumping too far ahead for someone who isn't willing to read up about what he's buying.

Ask any old R/c flier.. how many people show up to the field, having never flown before, in a brand new 100" wingspan P-51D Mustang they paid $2000 for... despite everyone's cautions, they insist it will be easy to fly, as they cartwheel it down the runway into a flaming wreck. You have to start slowly... your tank isnt broken yet, you have to learn it.

i agree it seems like you were going a bit fast i wanted to see your wires cause i think they were facing th wrong way in the board and maybe the receiver get yourself new motors start over remove the wires from the clark Jordan says you can fis that recoil with good glue you have to show us step by steop the wiring you are doing and just laeve the clark board in it's default setting you don't need to change it get some motors from Freaky and go from there we can get you going you have to just listen and go slow if it makes noises that it's not suppose to be making then something was hooked up wrong or maybe it was something else

Last edited by Airbrushler on Wed May 01, 2013 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mdart8.wix.com/a-custom-rc-tanks  http://www.rcuniverse.c
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:10 am

Order something from Curtis with no electronics, the Clark will slip right in.

White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:25 am

Strato50 wrote:
Order something from Curtis with no electronics, the Clark will slip right in.

Looking into that Very Happy Even know i have been told i should get a tamiya lol still i think a late Tiger 1 or king tiger from Immortal might be the "safest" options due to my ineptitude.

General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:30 am

I'm still amazed at the level of destruction you were able to achieve in 24 hours of tank ownership.

White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:35 am

Strato50 wrote:
I'm still amazed at the level of destruction you were able to achieve in 24 hours of tank ownership.

That makes two of us.... God help you all if i ever get a real Tiger.........

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:54 am

well so what you going to do now you still looking for another tank what are you going to do with the tank you have now???

White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Airbrushler wrote:
well so what you going to do now you still looking for another tank what are you going to do with the tank you have now???

It is being returned due to some other issues with it as well, now i just need to figure out if my Clark survived..........

Anyhow i have been told to try to find a Tamiya Kit but with my budget, that isnt very likely so i am looking at a Taigen Tiger, King Tiger or Panther depending on what fits my 480 motors and is more idiot proof to set up.

Also Plan C) is a tamiya sherman that showed up locally.............i don't really want a sherman but if i can trade for it ill take it.

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:35 am

I agree with Strato and Airbrushler.

With this hobby you can't dive in head first, there is a lot of info to be absorbed first. Even veterans of this hobby are still learning new things all the time.

I know how easy one can get caught up in the excitement, but if you slow down and take your time, you'll end up with a good running tank that your happy with.

There is always a learning curve with the first one, it gets easier with the next one and the next one and the next one and the next one and etc...
Because you can't stop with one! (you can try, but it won't happen) grin

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Stince wrote:
I agree with Strato and Airbrushler.

With this hobby you can't dive in head first, there is a lot of info to be absorbed first. Even veterans of this hobby are still learning new things all the time.

I know how easy one can get caught up in the excitement, but if you slow down and take your time, you'll end up with a good running tank that your happy with.

There is always a learning curve with the first one, it gets easier with the next one and the next one and the next one and the next one and etc...
Because you can't stop with one! (you can try, but it won't happen) grin

Ya i am finding out about local Tamiya kits today or trying to at least.......I don't know what one requires the least possible fix's down the road though.

-King Tiger (Love King Tigers,but i have heard its not a good kit?)
-Tiger 1 (they seem out of stock?)
-Panther G (Seems the newest kit, so maybe bugs?)
-Panzer 4 (never seen anyone with this kit for some reason...)

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:00 pm

White Tiger wrote:
Airbrushler wrote:

It is being returned due to some other issues with it as well, now i just need to figure out if my Clark survived..........

Anyhow i have been told to try to find a Tamiya Kit but with my budget, that isnt very likely so i am looking at a Taigen Tiger, King Tiger or Panther depending on what fits my 480 motors and is more idiot proof to set up.

Also Plan C) is a tamiya sherman that showed up locally.............i don't really want a sherman but if i can trade for it ill take it.

i think a Heng Long be better, learn from it rather than an exspensive tamiya

White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:11 pm

Airbrushler wrote:
White Tiger wrote:
Airbrushler wrote:

i think a Heng Long be better, learn from it rather than an exspensive tamiya

Maybe so but i am more of a model builder\painter then Electronics expert that can fix lots of problems =/

Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:12 pm

got to be both, check my web site rctankart.com
Back to top Go down
White Tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
White Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:20 pm

tomzag wrote:
got to be both, check my web site rctankart.com

Interesting, Now i just need to find a Panzer 4 or Panther....since i want an out of the box German runner with no issues, And i have been told by a few people now the Tiger 1 & King Tiger have Idealer issues.

PostSubject: Re: Tank Arrived Let the work start!   Tank Arrived Let the work start! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tank Arrived Let the work start!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next