Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:36 am

» Hello new here
Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:13 am

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 11:59 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 I_vote_lcapAdman's Cromwell build - Page 3 I_voting_barAdman's Cromwell build - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 I_vote_lcapAdman's Cromwell build - Page 3 I_voting_barAdman's Cromwell build - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

Adman's Cromwell build

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Adman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adman's Cromwell build   Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 1:36 pm

For anyone with modeling experience the kit itself is not that hard. Christian does supply instructions, but they are very limited, and the pictures in the instructions are not that great. Just take your time, measure and fit twice, glue once. 

What is hard is finding all of the extra hardware you need to finish the suspension, the idler wheel, the gun mount, the turret rotation and all of the detail parts. For the most part, there is no instructions for how to install them, or what parts you need. I think I've been to home hardware about 50 times already lol. I still can't find the right sized set screw for the main driving wheel for example. 

However, Christian is now selling suspension bolts, axel screws and ball bearings. That's what I'm waiting on now.
Back to top Go down
topher1266
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Adman's Cromwell build   Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 7:54 pm

Have you tried Fastenal for the set screws? If you know the size [diameter and length]  I may just have some or be able to get them for you.
Back to top Go down
Adman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Adman's Cromwell build   Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 8:45 pm

I did finally get the wheels on and the suspension working. But I'm still a long way from being finished. Hopefully by the spring I'll have a running model :-)
Back to top Go down
BattleArmor
Private
BattleArmor

PostSubject: Re: Adman's Cromwell build   Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 10:52 am

I have had this kit for along time, but it was intimidating to me.   I bought a a Heng Long T-34 Hull to use to ease in construction, and am only planning on building the top section.

Great job.  Have you got an update with some pictures.

Adman
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Adman's Cromwell build   Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 11:02 am

This kit was sold to Tom. Not sure if he has any updates. 
It's a fun kit, just dive in and really study the instructions. If you have any questions, Christian usually is quick to respond with helpful advice.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Adman's Cromwell build   Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Yeah Tom let's see some updates! bounce

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Adman's Cromwell build   Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 9:17 pm

yeah Tom, ... show us da Tank or maybe we won't believe you have it  wag
Back to top Go down
tomzag
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Adman's Cromwell build   Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:43 am

ok, here they are, have have not done too much after i tested running and full options. 

Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 20140910
Back to top Go down
BattleArmor
Private
BattleArmor

PostSubject: Re: Adman's Cromwell build   Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 3:02 pm

I ordered the sprockets for my Cromwell yesterday, so I will finally be starting mine after a few years of it laying in the box.!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adman's Cromwell build   Adman's Cromwell build - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adman's Cromwell build

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3