The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

CalendarLog inHomeRegisterGalleryFAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» My next project - Asiatam FAMO
Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Yesterday at 8:49 pm

» Battleday Sep 21, 2019
Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby hachleopard2 Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:23 pm

» Clark's Recoil Kit
Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:04 pm

» Grease and Gears!
Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:50 pm

» Battle Weekend Sept. 6-7-8 Are you in???
Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby treemagnet Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:15 pm

» Tanker of the Year Points Standings 2019
Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:29 am

» Christian Ludwig Fire
Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby knispel Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:21 am

» The Japanese Tiger Tank
Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:09 pm

» Full Scale Plastic Tiger I
Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:30 pm

Top posting users this month
MikeC
Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 I_vote_lcapLeopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 I_voting_barLeopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Jarlath
Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 I_vote_lcapLeopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 I_voting_barLeopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Shoveler74
knispel
Airbrushler
Strato50
Negaduck
dgsselkirk
Stince
kaptain Jack

Leopards are here and whoa they are huge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Glen B
Major General
Major General
Glen B

Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leopards are here and whoa they are huge   Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 8:58 pm

Freakydude wrote:
Glen,
Just put the KT off into the future. As this is a Canadian Tank sooner or later you know you will get one lol
.....or, do one up in the colours of its place of origin Wink 

Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Leopar10

Major General
Major General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Leopards are here and whoa they are huge   Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:00 pm

I know it is likely too early to tell, but I was wondering if these need track tensioners, or can get away without them, like an HL Panther run with 88 track links Question

General
General
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Leopards are here and whoa they are huge   Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:08 pm

i would love to paint one of these up same as one of the Chinese tanks don' t see many of them but i would love to paint one up

Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Leopards are here and whoa they are huge   Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:16 pm

I'd love a Leopard, but with the price of diesel these days....

Glen B
Major General
Major General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Leopards are here and whoa they are huge   Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:20 pm

Lot fewer wheels to paint than on its "ancestor cats" Laughing

Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Leopar11

Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Leopards are here and whoa they are huge   Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:50 pm

They have track tensioners, well sort of. You will see them next Saturday. I'll have one with he Leo2 board and real recoil in it... well I hope to have anyway
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Major General
Major General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Leopards are here and whoa they are huge   Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:53 pm

Freakydude wrote:
You will see them next Saturday. 
That is what I was afraid of, very cruel to torment us, so many tanks, so little time.....Laughing

Major General
Major General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Leopards are here and whoa they are huge   Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 7:26 am

From what I have been reading here, at least for the stock, plastic HL Leopard, the major components of a basic upgrade would be;

Clark Board

400 Motors

HL Steel or Walterson (if available) long shaft gearboxes

TBU of choice

Flash Unit

Major General
Major General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Leopards are here and whoa they are huge   Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:20 am

Freakydude wrote:
They have track tensioners, well sort of. You will see them next Saturday.

Patience escapes me Embarassed Laughing 

Had to look around for myself, hope these images spur more interest, while not "real fancy", this is an interesting development for an HL Very Happy 

Here are some images from the UK RCTankwarfare forum.

Internal view;

Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Track_10

External view, tightened in place;

Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Track_11

External view, loosened off;
Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Track_12

Major General
Major General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Leopards are here and whoa they are huge   Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 7:23 pm

Freakydude wrote:
Glen,
Just put the KT off into the future. As this is a Canadian Tank sooner or later you know you will get one lol
Thought about it a bit more, I am still interested in the KT updates, as to when it will be out and what it is like; if all goes well, it will be my next project. 

But I will follow the Leopard introduction with interest, I am sure a bunch of the club members will have fun with them.

General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Leopards are here and whoa they are huge   Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Yea Glen the built-in tensioning system is a welcome idea, I hope they develop it further.

I guess it won't be too long before the metal versions of it start popping up Smile

Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Leopards are here and whoa they are huge   Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:48 pm

Heng Long must be reading the forums, I replaced the IR emitter in the Leopard I am bringing and low and behold it has a cavity that is sits in quite nicely. Funny thing is that the cavity is 9mm from the edge to tip of the IR Emitter Shocked 

A couple other things once you pop the turret, the barrel actually slides in a tube like slot, mind you it needs to be bored out and a stabilizer added at the back but it is relatively easy to turn this into a servo recoil, the barrel is very heavy though as it is solid aluminum and quite thick.
The MG is on a plug
The IR is on a plug, I can't believe it all the wiring in the turret has a dang plug on it lol
Lots of space lengthwise but not so much height wise in the Turret. The plastic is not the same as past models either, it is stiffer and more rigid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leopards are here and whoa they are huge   Leopards are here and whoa they are huge - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leopards are here and whoa they are huge

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: Assembly Area :: General Discussion-