Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello new here
track tensioner help Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:49 am

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
track tensioner help Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:36 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
track tensioner help Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
track tensioner help Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
track tensioner help Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
track tensioner help Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
track tensioner help Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
track tensioner help Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

track tensioner help Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
track tensioner help I_vote_lcaptrack tensioner help I_voting_bartrack tensioner help I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
track tensioner help I_vote_lcaptrack tensioner help I_voting_bartrack tensioner help I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

track tensioner help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pzkpfw_steve
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
pzkpfw_steve

track tensioner help Empty
PostSubject: track tensioner help   track tensioner help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi guys,

I got some Pz III metal Track Tensioners this past weekend form Curtis, and i was just installing them now, and it looks like the screws holding my idler wheels on is a totally different (and much larger) screw from what the track tensioners are meant for.  so the holes in my idler wheels  are actually larger then the heads of the screws that come with the tensioner, and correspondingly the whole in hte tensioner wheel mount is smaller then the screw i have that fits the idler wheel.

I don't have any metalworking stuff, and i don't have a great deal of resources. plus being new to the hobby i also don't have a lot of spare parts kicking around.

any ideas?

My Blog

track tensioner help Signature
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: track tensioner help   track tensioner help Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:04 pm

I have my Panzer III in my car and I'll take a look at it for you, but off the top of my head I believe it was built for the metal idler wheels. I'll let you know asap.

pzkpfw_steve
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
pzkpfw_steve

PostSubject: Re: track tensioner help   track tensioner help Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:02 am

damn, that would really suck....

My Blog

track tensioner help Signature
Back to top Go down
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: track tensioner help   track tensioner help Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 1:51 pm

Steve
The difference is HL is tank you have and Taigen is tensioners you got from me. Any chance you can take a pic and mail it to me please? If we are talking about the same screw which is the one the idler wheel sits on it is not a big deal. I had the same issue and just drilled a new hole, slid a bearing into it and used nuts on the inside of the tank. I have a set of bearings I used as well, they are from a traxas car, paid like 2.99 for a pair but you need 2 in each side. 
Anyway snap a pic and mail it to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: track tensioner help   track tensioner help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

track tensioner help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1