Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Miscellaneous Images 2024
My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 10:26 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Hello new here
My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
My DBU ....hates me.. I_vote_lcapMy DBU ....hates me.. I_voting_barMy DBU ....hates me.. I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
My DBU ....hates me.. I_vote_lcapMy DBU ....hates me.. I_voting_barMy DBU ....hates me.. I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

My DBU ....hates me..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Captain Action
of the Pan-Tiger Panzer Div.
Captain Action

My DBU ....hates me.. Empty
PostSubject: My DBU ....hates me..   My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:23 pm

OK I have three DBU units in my tanks and my HL Pershing NEVER worked right , I have replaced All the HL stuff, radio , RX18 board , recever borad NOPE no good . This has gone on for a few battle years.
Well I am working on the God Sons vary reliable PZ3 tank that pooped out at the Windsor SOMM show after having every kid in the place try and kill it over two days. So I am swopping out the HL RX#13 board and stuff to a RX 18 and using the Pershing to help out with the wiring and suprise I find that the pershing DBU board has a bad/lose part and if I wiggle it the tank seem to work fine ..... I also found that the PZ3 has the same problem on the DBU board.
I have re soldered it and it seems to work well for now...
All I have to find out is where does a black wire go for the DBU... on the Pershing it looks to go to the volume control knob ??
I think Im the only one to still use the DBU in our group..and now I know why...
I need to get one of my clark units installed and working...

Good Greef.....

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: My DBU ....hates me..   My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:30 pm

well i had a DBU in my KV-1 but sold it to Ian if he didn't take it all apart yet maybe he can tell you, the Clark boards are easy to install Captain you will like it but you need a 2.4 ghz radio and receiver

BattleArmor
Private
BattleArmor

PostSubject: Re: My DBU ....hates me..   My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 9:12 pm

I am now registered here, and can help out with DBC issues.  They are pretty old now, and I don't sell them, but I do know about them.  Not sure how many DBC1s are still sold anymore.

Honestly as these were all DIY kits and many issues stem back to cold solder joints, and assembly.

When I got involved with the upgraded DBC3 I had these all factory assembled in place in Ontario, and they truly are plug and play with no soldering required.

I am proud to say the DBC3 is designed and built in Canada. 

With recent price increases on other boards the DBC3 is once again the most inexpensive way to turn you HL tank into a Tamiya battler.
Back to top Go down
http://battlearmorrc.weebly.com/index.html
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: My DBU ....hates me..   My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 4:48 pm

I personally had very little luck with dbu I think its just poor design although there is lots of people running them in the USA that I have seen anyway but as mentioned the Clark board seems to be one if not the best on the market I recently ordered a stand alone self contained battle unit for my 88 from tanktoko nd.
Back to top Go down
BattleArmor
Private
BattleArmor

PostSubject: Re: My DBU ....hates me..   My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Well actually there is nothing wrong with the design, but being that most people have been exposed to the DIY kit that was put together by some one, the board is only as good as the first cold solder joint.

I myself was getting a 30% failure rate on the boards I was building.  When I had the DBC3 chip programming done, I decided that I would only sell boards that were factory stuffed.  My failure rate on these is 0%

So the design is anything but poor but the way some have been put together may be the issue.

The fact that I have taken the same design and had the boards built and stuffed proves the design is fine.

I had a customer at Danville emall me and tell me his DBC3s were performing flawlessly in that Tamiya rich environment.

The Clark is a good value, and they are out of stock a lot.  Typically that means a price increase will be coming<grin>

I only had an issue with the early Clark boards when the range was 7 m.  He listened to all the feedback he got and upped the range to where it needs to be.  Great board  for price, and the only weakness it has is engine transition sounds, and I feel the volume ratio between the cannon and other functions , like turning on the light and the turret rotation is not enough,  Turning on a light switch should not be as loud as firing the cannon.  However Clark does listen to feedback and he is constantly making changes, so in time I am sure he will get all this worked out.

Last edited by BattleArmor on Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: My DBU ....hates me..   My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 6:08 pm

I agree the board is only as good as its first joint ....there is one thing I do like about yours is the fact that you can pick your sounds ....we Gona be taking soon for a sound card for my 88
Back to top Go down
BattleArmor
Private
BattleArmor

PostSubject: Re: My DBU ....hates me..   My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Well that would be the Benedini you are referring to with respect to sound,  but it isn't exclusive to the DBC3.  It provides programmable sounds and can be hooked up to a Clark board to enhance the sound.  Lately I have been selling more Benedini's to Clark users then anyone else.

The Clark/Benedini Combo is the absolute best system on the market bar none.  You get the full featured IR functions and the Great Benedini sound.
Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: My DBU ....hates me..   My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 7:09 pm

BattleArmor wrote:
I am now registered here...,

Welcome to the Can Am Tank Club Web Site/Forums.

Stinger

Can-Am Tank Club <<< Web site link

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member2.html
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: My DBU ....hates me..   My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 8:18 pm

That's good to know ...good sound quality is hallways a plus especially for the rivet counters who want exact sound and for the guys that want there tank to sound like a vw bettle
Back to top Go down
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: My DBU ....hates me..   My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 9:03 pm

Airbrushler wrote:
well i had a DBU in my KV-1 but sold it to Ian if he didn't take it all apart yet maybe he can tell you, the Clark boards are easy to install Captain you will like it but you need a 2.4 ghz radio and receiver

Not quite Airbrushler, The Clark boards will work with any Radio that uses a PPM signal, AM, FM or 2.4 ghz. ( HL radios won't cut the mustard on this though ) It only makes sense to move towards 2.4 ghz as this is the direction of all RC Hobbys, that is until 5 and 6 ghz get approved by the government
Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: My DBU ....hates me..   My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 10:17 pm

All R/C hobbies except submarines. 2.4 can't penetrate the water.

Stinger

Can-Am Tank Club <<< Web site link

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member2.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My DBU ....hates me..   My DBU ....hates me.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My DBU ....hates me..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: Assembly Area :: General Discussion-