Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Miscellaneous Images 2024
woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 10:26 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Hello new here
woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  I_vote_lcapwoo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  I_voting_barwoo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  I_vote_lcapwoo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  I_voting_barwoo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

woo hoo Fat Shark finally arrived

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
knispel
Retired
knispel

woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Empty
PostSubject: woo hoo Fat Shark finally arrived    woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:47 pm

I finally got my Fat Shark camera  and googles today. The reviews on Your tube are pretty much right on . Good value. It takes a little getting used to ( like the Mars lander at Universal Studios in Florida ) your brain wants screw with equilibrium  but  you need to overt come and move the turret .The battle is really much more challenging when you have to hunt your enemy from the copula of your tank .
The next version will be the Pro  with head activated camera servo.This will provide much more realizim . ( I can see why homeland is concerned about this tech ,which is currently limited to line of sight distance ) 
The system allows for video capture  on mircro card or with RCA wire .I will post some video soon
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo Fat Shark finally arrived    woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:55 pm

I saw demos and battles using this technology from Japan. Really I would love our battles to be fought like this. Soooo much more realistic. What kind of price point are you looking at for the current set up and what do you think the head activated will be?

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo Fat Shark finally arrived    woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:04 pm

I want to see that! Very Happy

knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo Fat Shark finally arrived    woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:48 am

Well finally I got the clip uploaded to Youtube grin 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jP-2jj5ynw

The resolution was great as was the sound.
It really does put a different edge on the RC tanking experiance

Imagine blocking off the camera viewing area  to simulate the view a real driver would have.What!? That’s just nuts.
I must say the headset did take a little getting used too ,something like 3D glasses X10. Tripped over a few things. Sitting in a  "comand chair" or laying down works best for me.

Anyway lots of fun!!thumbs up thumbs up cheers
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo Fat Shark finally arrived    woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Hey Ed, did you get this from Hobby King and did you have to get any thing extra for it?

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo Fat Shark finally arrived    woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Love the video. I'd be up for buying a set up. After using it...recommendations ?

Is this easy to move from one tank to another? for me this would be important.

Stinger

Can-Am Tank Club <<< Web site link

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member2.html
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo Fat Shark finally arrived    woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:50 am

Stince wrote:
Hey Ed, did you get this from Hobby King and did you have to get any thing extra for it?
Hobbyking had it sourced and drop shipped from China. There were delays because of the LIPO .The unit was complete and easy to install.Just plugs into the balance port of your tank battery , which needs to be lipo ( since I have not seen NiCd with this balance connector )
Also if you need glasses be sure to order the appropriate vision adaptor lens for the goggles .
The board is small enough but the supplied antena is pretty bulky.There is a smaller /lighter one available .
Bottom line a great system for the price

Last edited by knispel on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo Fat Shark finally arrived    woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:07 am

Stinger wrote:
Love the video.  I'd be up for buying a set up.  After using it...recommendations ?

Is this easy to move from one tank to another?  for me this would be important.

Stinger
Thx and I got to say this is cool way to drive your rc .
After using it I am getting used to the disorientation, I keep wanting to look side to side without moving the turret . The upgraded version does have a head tracking servo on the camera at almost twice the price and a bit bigger to accommadate the servo .I like that idea, maybe the next time. Norma says it make her dizzy ( don't say it ) .

As for transferring the unit provided you have the room for the tx board you could move it from one tank to another. I will bring it along to the next meet. I think if there is a down side it may be the limited number units ( 3 i think ) that can be operational at the same time.
Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo Fat Shark finally arrived    woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:50 pm

Bugger !! The interference  between the TX is very touchie  It works but a little challenging. They need to be in line of sight and seperated . I bet CSIS  has a better system
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo Fat Shark finally arrived    woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 2:20 am

You're running a 2.4gh radio?

knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo Fat Shark finally arrived    woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:58 pm

Yes ,the system is 2.4 and there are 4 channels to choose from  but there is still interference( just like all those other low end wifi systems  ie: X10 wirewless camera systems ) When I first saw the reviews for the Fat Shark  it seemed  the way to go . But it was only on one activated signal  and like usual I expected more .Perhaps the next generation will run on an Iphone with multipule users.
Still I like the experiance it feels so much more like the WoT visuals
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: woo hoo Fat Shark finally arrived    woo hoo  Fat Shark finally arrived  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

woo hoo Fat Shark finally arrived

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1