The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

CalendarLog inHomeRegisterGalleryFAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tamiya recoil motor
Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Today at 8:01 pm

» For a laugh....
Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 10:18 am

» Christian Ludwig Fire
Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeby Airbrushler Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» My next project - Asiatam FAMO
Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:49 pm

» Battleday Sep 21, 2019
Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeby hachleopard2 Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:23 pm

» Clark's Recoil Kit
Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:04 pm

» Grease and Gears!
Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:50 pm

» Battle Weekend Sept. 6-7-8 Are you in???
Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeby treemagnet Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:15 pm

» Tanker of the Year Points Standings 2019
Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:29 am

Top posting users this month
MikeC
Spektrum Radio?? I_vote_lcapSpektrum Radio?? I_voting_barSpektrum Radio?? I_vote_rcap 
Jarlath
Spektrum Radio?? I_vote_lcapSpektrum Radio?? I_voting_barSpektrum Radio?? I_vote_rcap 
Shoveler74
knispel
Airbrushler
Negaduck
dgsselkirk
Strato50
Stince
kaptain Jack

Spektrum Radio??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
topher1266
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Spektrum Radio?? Empty
PostSubject: Spektrum Radio??   Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 6:51 pm

Does anyone use a Spektrum radio to run their tank? If so what is the program used to make it work?
Back to top Go down
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

Spektrum Radio?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spektrum Radio??   Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 11:26 am

Yes I use a dx6i and it is on winged aircraft setting ...the channel rev and limits and what switch does what is totally up to you in programming it
Back to top Go down
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

Spektrum Radio?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spektrum Radio??   Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 11:27 am

Also depends upon what electronics are in the tank
Back to top Go down
topher1266
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Spektrum Radio?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spektrum Radio??   Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 1:32 pm

The one has the Clarke Board the others are stock one Heng Long and a Teigen. Do I need to put Clarke boards in them all? if not is there any special way to set them up. If your up to it maybe we could meet and you could help me setup the tanks because it's all greek to me.
Back to top Go down
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

Spektrum Radio?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spektrum Radio??   Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 3:59 pm

Na its no problem the Clark boards are the way to go the problem with HL and taigen is they don't support the tamiya battle system or work with it that and Clark boards are far more superior in realness and easy of use pm me and ill give ya a hand with them
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

Spektrum Radio?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spektrum Radio??   Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 11:14 pm

Any 'standard' hobby radio will work with Clarks, Tamiya, SLU, DBU, and any other aftermarket control boards. That includes Spektrum, Hitech, Futaba... as long as you have the matching receiver. 

There are a few setups that allow you to hook up a regular radio & receiver to the RX-18 boards that come with HengLongs. I'm no expert on those, but MAKO boards are the first one I can think of.

Any aircraft radio will work in it's default settings just fine. You don't NEED to program anything for tank use, but if you're comfortable playing with trim settings & exponential, they can make for smoother driving.

topher1266
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Spektrum Radio?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spektrum Radio??   Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:04 pm

What receiver should I use or is the Clark Board able to bind straight to the Spektrum radio?
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

Spektrum Radio?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spektrum Radio??   Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 8:24 am

The Clark board (or any other board for that matter) doesn't care where it's getting it's signals from, but it does require some form of 4-channel hobby radio receiver to work.

The receiver is what binds to your radio, and they have to match correctly. The Clark board just gets it's signals as would a servo or speed controller in other types of r/c vehicles, it doesn't bind directly to anything.

Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

Spektrum Radio?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spektrum Radio??   Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 12:49 pm

To be clear here the Clark boards require a PPM modulated radio signal.
Those signals come from ALL of the major brand names and Spectrum is one of them. Spectrum only has there 2 viable options for recievers, A true spectrum reciever which can run you upwards of 70 bucks or you can buy the orange recievers( I use these in my DX6i and know them to work with DX5, DX7 and DX8 ) I have 3 of them or you can buy them here  http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__28554__OrangeRx_R615_Spektrum_JR_DSM2_Compatible_6Ch_2_4Ghz_Receiver.html

hope this helps. By the way the orange recievers I have never had an issue with and they are plug and play with the Clark Boards
Back to top Go down
topher1266
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Spektrum Radio?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spektrum Radio??   Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 8:45 pm

Thanks Freakydude I ordered some 6 channel ones will see how they work when they come in. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

Spektrum Radio?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spektrum Radio??   Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 3:00 am

Cool. I just ordered myself a pair of the 4-channels... I don't recall HobbyKing having such low shipping costs from their overseas warehouse... I paid ~$15 for 2 with shipping.

tomzag
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Spektrum Radio?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spektrum Radio??   Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:46 am

what 4 channel radio did you order? can you share the link? thanks,
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

Spektrum Radio?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spektrum Radio??   Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:23 pm

Oh, sorry I meant the orange receivers from hobby king Razz Not radios!

fraserjohn
Private

Spektrum Radio?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spektrum Radio??   Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 4:33 pm

Didn't want to create a new topic but CURTIS I've tried to PM you on 2 different occasions(Dec31/13 & Jan5/14) without any response. All I'm waiting for is my radio and receiver.  At the Waterloo meet in early Dec/13 I helped you out by selling my receiver so you could make a sale to a newcomer to the hobby.  Please let me know what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spektrum Radio?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spektrum Radio??   Spektrum Radio?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spektrum Radio??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: Assembly Area :: General Discussion-