The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

CalendarLog inHomeRegisterGalleryFAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tamiya recoil motor
Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 12:05 am

» For a laugh....
Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 10:18 am

» Christian Ludwig Fire
Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeby Airbrushler Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:33 pm

» My next project - Asiatam FAMO
Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:49 pm

» Battleday Sep 21, 2019
Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeby hachleopard2 Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:23 pm

» Clark's Recoil Kit
Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:04 pm

» Grease and Gears!
Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:50 pm

» Battle Weekend Sept. 6-7-8 Are you in???
Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeby treemagnet Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:15 pm

» Tanker of the Year Points Standings 2019
Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:29 am

Top posting users this month
MikeC
Stripped Gear Box I_vote_lcapStripped Gear Box I_voting_barStripped Gear Box I_vote_rcap 
Jarlath
Stripped Gear Box I_vote_lcapStripped Gear Box I_voting_barStripped Gear Box I_vote_rcap 
Shoveler74
knispel
Airbrushler
Negaduck
dgsselkirk
Strato50
Stince
kaptain Jack

Stripped Gear Box

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TRMN8ED
Private

Stripped Gear Box Empty
PostSubject: Stripped Gear Box   Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:52 am

Anyone in the K-W area have a gear box for sale for a tiger.......found some stripped teeth on mine.
Stock or upgrade.....let me know.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Stripped Gear Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stripped Gear Box   Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:40 pm

I will have one shortly. When do you need it  ? My replacement is just waiting to be put in and would like to sell the stock one.

MikeC
Back to top Go down
TRMN8ED
Private

Stripped Gear Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stripped Gear Box   Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:45 pm

When ever you have it Mike......P.M me with cost and where I can pick it up if your in town.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

Stripped Gear Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stripped Gear Box   Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:15 pm

I'm acualy going to try and set up my gear cutting tool on my mill and se if I can cut that small of a gear ...I don't know if I can due to the pitch and diameter the gear assembly's we buy are cast ..that's ok forged is better ...but machined from billet steel would be awesome
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

Stripped Gear Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stripped Gear Box   Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:22 am

TRMN8ED what type of gearbox did you strip out anyway? The grey-metal Heng Long style?

Replacement steel gears for the HengLong gearboxes would be useful. 

...heck if you want to be really creative you can adjust the relative ratio between gears and have speeds set per individual tank :O

TRMN8ED
Private

Stripped Gear Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stripped Gear Box   Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 6:12 am

@ STRATO......the stock gear box that came in the tank.....but only the left side. Not sure why this happened.  I took the right side out and it seems fine.
Did some reading on line last night and saw that some had same issue. Possible mis-alligned gear or not seated correctly. IDK Was just gald to find out it wasnt only me.
Would definatly like to upgrade to something a little more sturdy.....and I would also like to slow the tank down so its easier on the entire drive train.
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

Stripped Gear Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stripped Gear Box   Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 4:42 am

The Taigen 4:1 steel gears are a perfect match for a Tiger; you'll slow it down nice and they're very robust.

Not sure if Curtis has them yet.. but Taigen might soon, and other vendors already do. Welsh Dragon Models (UK), rctank.de (Germany), or tank army in Australia.

TRMN8ED
Private

Stripped Gear Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stripped Gear Box   Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 6:12 am

Thanks for the info. I have ordered a set of steel gears from Curtis, definatly looking at slowing the tank down. Also in talking to some others I was not aware that there was a break in period for the stock gears......good to know.
Thanks for all the help gents..... Aye Aye
Back to top Go down
doug818tiger
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

Stripped Gear Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stripped Gear Box   Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:06 pm

I wish some company came up with double herring bone gears for the Sherman that would be realy cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stripped Gear Box Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stripped Gear Box   Stripped Gear Box Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stripped Gear Box

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: Assembly Area :: General Discussion-