The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

CalendarLog inHomeRegisterGalleryFAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Trumpeter 1/16 M-ATV MRAP
by Shoveler74 Yesterday at 6:32 pm

» Snow Plowin
by Shoveler74 Yesterday at 6:30 pm

» Tiger Tank
by dougjobe Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:27 pm

» metal tracks henlong sherman wanted
by dougjobe Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:40 am

» Heng Long Trucks ?
by MikeC Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:35 pm

» Who is going????
by dgsselkirk Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:04 am

» HobbieTron
by dougjobe Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:55 am

» Project Bite Me
by Negaduck Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:52 pm

» KW GARRISON ANNUAL DUES
by Jarlath Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:43 pm

Top posting users this month
Jarlath

MikeC

Airbrushler

dougjobe

Shoveler74

Glen B

dgsselkirk

hachleopard2

Negaduck

Tiger Power

Share | .

Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:36 pm

how much of a difference you think there is going from 3 watts to an external 6 watt board? Yes you have to solder it onto your Clark board 
but I did my first one tonight and holy fudge what a difference. I would say the Clark board sounds close to 3 times louder, totally changed how the cannon sounded. The MG was just as crisp and clear with the engine start up and stop actually louder than the gearbox which was one of Clarks only problems.
I am thinking I will put one in my King Tiger for this weekends battles let you guys see or hear the difference.
Curtis
http://shop.immortalhobbies.com/Clark-Amplifier-6-watt-669962310135.htm
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:37 am

Bring me 2 please.... Very Happy

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Strato50
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:30 pm

Oh neato. Let us know when we can know more... is this something you've come up with or is it from Clark?

*under construction
Back to top Go down
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:13 pm

This is directly from Clark.

Dean let me know which tank you are putting it in, maybe I'll connect an amp to a board and we can exchange it in your tank. A before and after kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:43 am

Freakydude wrote:
This is directly from Clark.

Dean let me know which tank you are putting it in, maybe I'll connect an amp to a board and we can exchange it in your tank. A before and after kind of thing.
PM sent...

Back to top Go down
tomzag
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:50 am

Curtis, you should shoot a video of before and after comparison.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:04 am

Maybe we do that this Sat.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
tomzag
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:14 am

that will be cool. Is Eric going to this one?
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:15 am

Don't know...

Back to top Go down
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:13 pm

I have before and after videos, problem with videos is it really doesn't show the difference, yes you hear an increase in sound but because it is going through a computer it isn't the same.
The before sound on the sherman is ok, Add the amplifier and the 12 watt mini speaker I sell sounds as if it is at max capacity. 
Before http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrE16IakyH8
After http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpetrPhfiZc

The after i start with the volume real low and turn it up. The videos honestly don't do the sound levels justice which is why I wanted to run it on a sound meter of some kind for proof of decibel level
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Major General
Major General

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:26 pm

I will check some stores around here that should carry them. You wouldn't need a high end one so they are about $30 bucks I think.

Back to top Go down
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:37 pm

No big deal if no one has one. with the naked ear the change is very very noticeable
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Freakydude wrote:
No big deal if no one has one. with the naked ear the change is very very noticeable

The Source will have it for sure Curtis. Tempted to get one to try it out, the amp that is.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:46 pm

MikeC wrote:
Freakydude wrote:

The Source will have it for sure Curtis. Tempted to get one to try it out, the amp that is.

Oh, and would it blow the standard Taigen speakers ? Did you use it on your upgraded ones ?
Back to top Go down
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:00 pm

Mike it would overpower the Taigen speakers for sure, My speakers are able to handle the sound but at 75% volume they sound the best.
The vid above was with upgraded speakers, it was actually the same equip for both just added the amp on the one vid
Back to top Go down
Negaduck
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:12 pm

dusting off a old topic here but anyway I've been trying to wire up the amp i have using the instructions on clarks website when i notice the 3 wire for the volume plug does not match what i have in the tank (black red blue in the pic and i have Blue Black Red) and this is stock wiring. I have all the wires in the right places but its that one plug that is throwing me off.

i just want to know how you guys have it set up before i add power to this

Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:18 pm

Russ, I know you have the amp, but if you try just jumping the volume control pins with a 3 pin servo binding plug you will also get the loudest possible sound without the amp. It turns out that by doing that it is just loud enough for me so I didn't end up with any amp.

MikeC.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:47 pm

MikeC wrote:
if you try just jumping the volume control pins with a 3 pin servo binding plug you will also get the loudest possible sound without the amp. It turns out that by doing that it is just loud enough for me so I didn't end up with any amp.

Question scratch Mike can you explain that more for those who are electronic illiterate. Very Happy Pictures are always helpful!

Back to top Go down
http://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:00 pm

Russell, look at Clarks web site again. You have the newer amp which is why your wires don't match up. see here  http://www.clark-model.com/eng/index_e.html
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Stince wrote:
MikeC wrote:
if you try just jumping the volume control pins with a 3 pin servo binding plug you will also get the loudest possible sound without the amp. It turns out that by doing that it is just loud enough for me so I didn't end up with any amp.

Question scratch Mike can you explain that more for those who are electronic illiterate. Very Happy  Pictures are always helpful!

Well I am not a loud sound guy but I find that the stock volume control doesn't work very well with Clark, it either cut-out altogether or just not loud enough even for me. So in checking the Clark website I noticed that you can jump the pins on the volume plug and you will get sound so I tried it and it worked for me anyway. So here is the picture of some of my tanks now:

" />

I just use a standard binding plug for receivers (Sorry I think I said servo in my original post) and this gives the loudest possible sound without using an amp. I found that it is loud enough for me. And if I need quiet time at night for testing I just "pull the plug" so to speak.

Just a little trick I do. If you are in the market for an amp you should try this first and see if it is loud enough.

MikeC.
Back to top Go down
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:45 pm

Clark board without amp is 3 watts max
Clark board with amp is 6 watts max, 
You really need an upgrade speaker to take advantage of the extra amps or all you get is noize
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:00 pm

So doing what I do just maximize the output to stock speaker. You just don't have the ability to adjust the volume, but I never do anyway, it is either all the way up or all the way down for me 99% of the time.
Back to top Go down
Negaduck
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:54 pm

so you are saying i have to move the stock wires set up and put them in the order clark did?

Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Well now I amped my Clark KT board and it made a big difference . 2x the watt makes for a clear / crisper volume increase.
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Just wait, on my next package Clark is sending me something to clean the sound and seperate the cannon Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available   

Back to top Go down

Clark Board owners - New Amplifier available

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: The Quartermaster's Depot :: Vendors-