Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 10:43 am

» Hello new here
Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:49 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Couldn't wait Sherman I_vote_lcapCouldn't wait Sherman I_voting_barCouldn't wait Sherman I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Couldn't wait Sherman I_vote_lcapCouldn't wait Sherman I_voting_barCouldn't wait Sherman I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

Couldn't wait Sherman

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

Couldn't wait Sherman Empty
PostSubject: Couldn't wait Sherman   Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 9:30 am

I couldn't wait because this is pulling together just how I pictured it. I am just getting into the weathering layers now
edited link
https://s1295.photobucket.com/user/ImmortalHobbies/media/IMGP0468_zps2b104c05.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Last edited by Freakydude on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't wait Sherman   Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 12:52 pm

I like the white wash application effect. Did you apply it to look like that or actually scrape off a more full whitewash for the wear? 

What's next layer wise? 

I like these Shermans Smile

Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't wait Sherman   Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 1:36 pm

No it was done with AMMO's hard chipping paint. All I use now is Tamiya for some color bases then the rest is AMMO. I will be moving to AMMO 100% when I get my next order which is full of the base colors.
  I painted hard chipping on a base that consisted of a 2 tone olive drab camo, Painted small areas with a brush using tamiya white aggressivly thinned to a wash, waited until the paint was almost dry then wet my brush lightly with thinner then vigourously rubbed on the paint. You get the chipped edge effect but it removes the paint in a totally random pattern.
In thick areas I let the thinner set a bit to soften the paint before rubbing
The entire tank took 20 minutes to do the olive drab and about 1 hour to do the white, maybe an hour and a half tops.
Then came rust wash in areas, then fuel stains, then slimy grime light. To top it off I used a dark earth pigment in areas to tone down the white.
On the saddle bags I used pigment fixer with dark earth and kursk earth pigments to get the dirty canvas look.
I sealed it all in with Glen's frosted glass.
Fyi I edited the pictures because I finished it at least this is how my customer is getting his sherman
Back to top Go down
sassgrunt
Private

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't wait Sherman   Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:32 pm

I REALLY like the picture of the gearbox!  That is the new one by Watersons for the Heng Long Sherman?  VERY nice!!
Back to top Go down
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't wait Sherman   Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 11:17 pm

Sass it will be for all Heng Long and Taigen tanks. I have the prototypes here at my place and the boxes are in production as we speak.

Same as the US figure, they are ready now and will be shipping some to me in a matter of days
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't wait Sherman   Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:39 am

Curtis, I have first dip with those US figures right ?
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't wait Sherman   Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:13 am

I like the new pictures the lighting changed the entire look Razz

Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't wait Sherman   Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:47 am

Mike yes you have first dibs
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't wait Sherman   Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:12 pm

Looking good Curtis!  thumbs up 

Not sure if your finished or not, but don't forget to remove the paint on the glass windows on the cupola.

Couldn't wait Sherman Untitl13

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't wait Sherman   Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:08 pm

I am super gluing black window tint there. its easy to do and it looks pretty good too because you get the shine off it
Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't wait Sherman   Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:00 pm

Freakydude wrote:
I am super gluing black window tint there. its easy to do and it looks pretty good too because you get the shine off it
maybe try some black enamel gloss model paint

Freakydude
Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't wait Sherman   Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:43 pm

I have 3 shades of window tint so I can match the glass color to the original tank or pretty dang close to it. If you put silver paint under it sometimes it reflects the light just so and it looks real.
I'll post a pic when I get it done.
All you do is make a cardboard or plastic stencil, then you can pop all kinds of them out
Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't wait Sherman   Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Curtis you are the Master. I am impressed at the talent in our club. So often I get to the point were I thinks ok ,I'll just go to CTC and spray paint some como  crap on my tank and then somebody posts an incredible work of art and and it inspires me to do better . thx guys thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't wait Sherman   Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:26 pm

On my Mato verision of the Sherman the glass part came already cut out.  I just glue some mylar on from the inside, but you could do the same thing with the HL Sheman if you take the time to cut them out.

Couldn't wait Sherman IMG_0774

Also did it with the periscope too.

Couldn't wait Sherman IMG_0776

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't wait Sherman   Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:48 am

knispel wrote:
Curtis you are the Master. I am impressed at the talent in our club. So often I get to the point were I thinks ok ,I'll just go to CTC and spray paint some como  crap on my tank and then somebody posts an incredible work of art and and it inspires me to do better . thx guys thumbs up

I use the CTC camo as a cheap base coat and it actually works quite well. Dries really fast and will prime metal........  :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couldn't wait Sherman   Couldn't wait Sherman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Couldn't wait Sherman

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: The Motor Pool (Builder's Section) :: WWII Allies-