The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

CalendarLog inHomeRegisterGalleryFAQ
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Taigen Leopard 2 lower hull
by MikeC Today at 9:52 am

» New, so glad to find a local site!
by knispel Yesterday at 6:27 pm

» HL leo 2 slow turret and CF questions
by Riteoff Yesterday at 6:06 pm

» IR 101 - The Basics
by MikeC Yesterday at 4:45 pm

» Working on the Lav
by Airbrushler Yesterday at 3:31 am

» Pictures of RC Tank show. TET Fest 2017 Mississauga
by Riteoff Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:40 am

» Komatsu LAV stuck in snow
by Riteoff Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:16 am

» Can-Am 2017 Battleday Schedule
by dgsselkirk Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:40 pm

» Char B1 vs Germany :D
by Airbrushler Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:50 pm

Top posting users this month
MikeC

dgsselkirk

knispel

Jarlath

Bud

Airbrushler

hachleopard2

Riteoff

lesteryz

Strato50

Share | .

Recce of the Oshawa site for May 31th Tank Day event

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dgsselkirk
Brigadier
Brigadier

PostSubject: Recce of the Oshawa site for May 31th Tank Day event   Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:57 pm

Gentlemen,

Since we all know there is no way for the field to be ready on April 12th I have made arrangements to head down to the Royal Canadian Armoured Corp Museum in Oshawa on Sat the 12th to recce the location for our set up on Tank Day Saturday May 31st. As well as looking over the field and sorting out some logistics I am also going to tour a little so if anyone wants to join me you are more than welcome.
http://www.ontrmuseum.ca/

The admission is cheap ($5.00) and gives you a chance to get a sneak peak at how things will be laid out for our battleday at this event. Once I do this recce I will publish in detail the operations and logistics for the weekend for everyone.
Here is the link for the Tank Day specific:
http://www.ontrmuseum.ca/OMVAevent.htm

Should be a really interesting event. Not only are there renactments, live vehicle demos, but there is also a great vendors market as well as new this year the "AMPS" model competition so should be a great event. They are expecting a pretty large turnout and they seem to be quite excited that we are coming so I hope there will be good support from the club and this could become an annual thing.
Please let me know if you are interested in attending. I would like to give them some idea of the numbers when I go down in a couple of weeks. You won't be held to it of course, it's just to give them a rough idea. A few guys I have spoken to have expressed an interest in coming down Friday and staying overnight as Friday will be the set up day. I actually plan on staying Friday and Saturday night as after a full busy day Saturday, I would rather stay over than fight my way back across Toronto to Kitchener! If you are thinking the same thing let me know as I will start actively searching for deals at hotels after my meeting on the 12th.

If anyone wants to ask a question of the event let me know before I go down and I will be sure to ask.

Thanks in advance for your interest boys!

TXS
Dean

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
tomzag
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Recce of the Oshawa site for May 31th Tank Day event   Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:25 pm

This is not fair, I just moved from Oshawa.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Recce of the Oshawa site for May 31th Tank Day event   Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:19 am

I can't fully commit to it yet, but I'm going to try my best to go in May.
Probable get there Saturday mourning and stay the night.

Back to top Go down
http://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recce of the Oshawa site for May 31th Tank Day event   

Back to top Go down

Recce of the Oshawa site for May 31th Tank Day event

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: Command Post :: New Annoucements and Events-