Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Today at 12:49 pm

» Hello new here
My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:49 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
My Next Project Will Be ??????? I_vote_lcapMy Next Project Will Be ??????? I_voting_barMy Next Project Will Be ??????? I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
My Next Project Will Be ??????? I_vote_lcapMy Next Project Will Be ??????? I_voting_barMy Next Project Will Be ??????? I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

My Next Project Will Be ???????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

My Next Project Will Be ??????? Empty
PostSubject: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 3:21 pm

There's no urgency here, I will not be doing anything on this until at least the fall but speculating on and shopping for the next one is part of the fun.

It will be an HL of some sort, SLU equipped.

So far;

1.) Panther G (yeah, I just did one), want to see how the present one does this season and I would need to find some interesting east front camo; tougher than it would seem, to find good data on late 1944, 1945 camo.

2.) Tiger I (not ANOTHER Tiger Shocked ) this one would be in the distinctive Abt 506 markings and would need some "dress up parts", like turret track hangers. The big cat is easy to fit an SLU into.

3.) Pershing, done up in the markings of one of the U.S. Korean War units, concerned that it may be a tight fit for the SLU, I understand they will fit but sometimes my patience is in short supply. (Drawback, these are very green Laughing )

4.) Jadgpanther, either refit my airsoft Jagd into IR or pick up a new one, like the late Panther G's, good late war camo details are hard to find.

5.) Stug III F8, may look at my Stug to see if I want to even contemplate putting an SLU in it (the patience thing, again)

Mato is currently out of Tiger I's and Pershings according to their web site, as of May 2012.

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Well i bought some parts off of Strato and was thinking of building something i may even though they are based on a Panzer IV bottom hul i may base mine on the Panzer III hull i got from Strato build a Hummel

My Next Project Will Be ??????? Hummel20Early20Wip20Final201
Back to top Go down
http://mdart8.wix.com/a-custom-rc-tanks  http://www.rcuniverse.c
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Nice Very Happy

My scratch building skills are not up to one Embarassed Laughing

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:03 pm

ya it's going to look like that but just on the Panzer III bottom hull
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Greg, have you looked into the Soviet SU-76 series of self propelled guns. Would be a nice addition to your T-34 and KV.

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/ussr/self-propelled-guns/su-76.asp

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
TeTris MoNk
Sergeant
Sergeant
TeTris MoNk

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:54 pm

You want a tight fit? Try throwing an SLU into a Bulldog!
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:33 pm

Hey Glen, I think you should stick with the big cats.

Apparently when you ask questions about Pershings, people start fighting! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:38 pm

TeTris MoNk wrote:

you could always go with a T-34 major overhaul re-enforce the hull afer you gut it fit metal gearboxes rebuild a Drive sprocket to fit an HL centre piece to go on an HL driveshaft

it's fun ...lol

Last edited by Airbrushler on Tue May 22, 2012 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:22 pm

TeTris MoNk wrote:

How's it going with that?

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Stince wrote:
Hey Glen, I think you should stick with the big cats.

Apparently when you ask questions about Pershings, people start fighting! Rolling Eyes

Wow, you can sure feel the love on that site Laughing

UPDATE: May 23rd, looks like the real nasty stuff got "flushed" from my thread on the "other forum"

Yeah, I do like my cats, especially the Tiger I's, I like the way they run, once I have done the modifications on them; I think they may be my best "runners"

Last edited by Glen B on Wed May 23, 2012 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TeTris MoNk
Sergeant
Sergeant
TeTris MoNk

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 10:10 pm

It got the wires figured out I just have to tape everything down. Aswell I'm waiting on my 400 and steel gearboxes from RCTankWars. Then it'll be up and running and the Abrams will be on my to do list Razz
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:51 pm

[quote="TeTris MoNk"]It got the wires figured out I just have to tape everything down. Aswell I'm waiting on my 400 and steel gearboxes from RCTankWars. Then it'll be up and running and the Abrams will be on my to do list Razz[/quote

Good luck with it.

I have been spoiled working on Tiger I's and the II, lots of room.

Even on the Panther, you have to be a bit more careful with the interior space.

of the Pan-Tiger Panzer Div.
Captain Action

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:16 pm

Greg that would be a great tank to scrach build, if I had time I would try it too.

Hay Glen a purshing would be a good battle tank, lots of room for the SLU and we would have almost a full team of them, and they dont flip on their side during battles.....Sad ..sherman...

Hay you can ask for some info on RCU Razz ..man some people are just jerks and then go whining to the mods to delete some posts..big babys..Mad ..

Sergeant
Sergeant
TeTris MoNk

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:02 pm

Well everything is taped down I'm just waiting on the gearboxes and I'm ready to roll.... scuse the pun.

And dont get me into another tank... I was thinking all three mentioned. Pershing, Tiger or KT. With the Abrams on its way judging from Wayne's Leo it'd have a load of room for stuff.
Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:04 am

i like my Pershing

My Next Project Will Be ??????? PDR_1618a

My Next Project Will Be ??????? PDR_1638

Hey Glen how did those screws work out for ya were they ok?
Back to top Go down
real_hulu
Sergeant
Sergeant
real_hulu

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:00 am

I will save money for a tamiya Pershing...Maybe I will be able to get it when my daughter goes to University... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 8:54 pm

I may change my mind a dozen times between now and the fall but right now I am leaning towards a HL Pershing, outfitted with an SLU, done up in Korean War markings.

(At the last meet, I think you guys were getting ready to have a "panzer intervention" done on me , maybe its working Laughing )

Right now, the Tiger I would be the close rival. It would be different looking than my other "cats" with the distinctive Abt 506 1943 look; yellow with light sprayed brown stripes, distinctive marking on the turret bin, track link holders on the turret, etc.

The Pershing would bring back some odd memories to someone of my age group. In the late 1950's/early 60's we had all kinds of green "army toys", this would be just a big upgrade. Smile

Thanks, Wayne for emailing me some internal pictures of the SLU squeezed into an HL M26

All of this will have to wait, if for no other reason, Mato lists both the M26 and Tiger I as out of stock, fortunately, I'm not in a hurry.

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:32 pm

you can build whatever you want to Glen...lol
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Airbrushler wrote:
you can build whatever you want to Glen...lol

Not quite, there will be some influence as to the available tank models and SLU version, at the time Wink

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:53 pm

For general interest, I have added some pitures of Abt 506 Tiger I camo and turret bin markings to the Gallery under Axis Tanks

General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 3:44 am

...I'm all for the yellow Tiger... Wink

Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:04 pm

Glen you could do a Pershing Tiger!!! lol!

My Next Project Will Be ??????? Pershing20Tank

Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:19 pm

Yeah, I don't know how well I'd do on that one.

I'm no Pershing expert but I think I have read some disputes as to whether the M26's actually had those markings, I think they may have been on Shermans in Operation Ripper, in Korea.

It would be nice if the M26 had those markings, though.

I guess when it comes down to a final choice, as I mentioned, tank and SLU availability at the time may be a factor; fortunately, I like both tanks.

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:48 am

Glen just get them both! Problem solved! cheers

.... And if you don't like one you can always give it to me. Wink

Last edited by Stince on Tue May 29, 2012 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TeTris MoNk
Sergeant
Sergeant
TeTris MoNk

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:15 am

The majority of those tiger stripes were found on the M46 Pattons. There's an idea Glen do a M46! Then you can have your Tiger and something different then all the Pershings we have already Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project Will Be ???????   My Next Project Will Be ??????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Next Project Will Be ???????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next