Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:36 am

» Hello new here
My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:13 am

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 11:59 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
My Next Project; Poll I_vote_lcapMy Next Project; Poll I_voting_barMy Next Project; Poll I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
My Next Project; Poll I_vote_lcapMy Next Project; Poll I_voting_barMy Next Project; Poll I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

My Next Project; Poll

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

My Next Project?
Leopard 2A6 (new)
My Next Project; Poll I_vote_lcap42%My Next Project; Poll I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Pz IV F2 (new)
My Next Project; Poll I_vote_lcap33%My Next Project; Poll I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Jagdpanther (IR conversion of existing BB)
My Next Project; Poll I_vote_lcap8%My Next Project; Poll I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Stug III (Clark upgrade of existing DBC II)
My Next Project; Poll I_vote_lcap17%My Next Project; Poll I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

My Next Project; Poll Empty
PostSubject: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 10:28 am

I am posting this for entertainment (getting bored, being laid up  Wink  ).

Can't guarantee I will be influenced by the vote Laughing  but thought I'd have some fun with it.

1.) Leopard 2A6

A modern tank departure for me, would have a Clark with steel gear upgrades to retain the Leopard speed.

2.) Pz. IV F2

Perhaps it is time to replace the one I traded?  Everything else I have is bigger than this "mid size" vehicle.  This would have a Clark with steel gear upgrades, provide I could confirm it would fit.  Have stencils selected if I go this route.

3.) Jagdpanther

Convert a completed, HL airsoft JP to a Clark IR (no full painted on this one).  Would need to make sure an upgrade gearbox will fit, a lot that fit the Panther will not fit a JP due to the provision for the mantlet in the upper hull; I believe one of the Taigen or Asiatam low profile, long shaft units may drop in.

4.) Stug III

Convert my completed HL, DCB II equipped Stug to a Clark IR, would want to replace the stock cast HL Gearing.  No full painting on this one, either.  If I do this I will lose my IR "test" target & shooter that I use to check out my SLU and Clark  equipped tanks. Wink

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 7:33 pm

OK, who voted for the Pz IV Wink

Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Capp

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 11:54 pm

Apparently a few of us
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 7:05 am

I voted for the Leopard.

It is new concept for me, a modern tank and it is fast, which is an accurate representation, because of course the real one is much faster then the historic stuff.

However, even though I have been with the club since its founding in 2010, 4 or 5 years of operating r/c tanks has not translated into extreme driving skill Embarassed Perhaps a very large tank with a very long gun and is quite fast, along with my driving, is a recipe for disaster on a sometimes crowded field affraid

The Pz IV is also a departure for me, something smaller than my Tigers and Panthers, so it would add some variety, too.

I had one that I kept as a BB tank and later traded it to Strato who has done some good things with it. I did not IR because we were installing SLU's at the time and I did not have the patience to fit the larger electronics into a smaller tank. The physical size of the Clark has changed this scenario.

The deliberations continue (but that is part of the fun, for me).

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 12:43 pm

For whoever voted for the Jagdtiger, that could be an option, if I could fit it with something like Strato's invention, here;

https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com/t1082-tank-destroyer-sensor-shield-prototype?highlight=destroyer

It does seem like a shame to have an otherwise nice JP that has to sit out the meetas because it is not IR Sad

The stock, HL cast gear gearboxes would need to go.  Getting 3:1's to be low enough to fit a JP and cleat the mantlet housing has been a challenge in the past, but since these are now available, they might work?

http://www.immortalhobbies.com/immortal-store.php#!/Steel-Gearbox-4-to-1-Ratio-long-shaft/p/43020064/category=10646609

The look like they might have the same dimensions/proportions as the stock HL used in the JP.

Last edited by Glen B on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 4:27 pm

Glen B wrote:
For whoever voted for the Jagdtiger, that could be an option, if I could fit it with something like Strato's invention, here;

https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com/t1082-tank-destroyer-sensor-shield-prototype?highlight=destroyer

It does seem like a shame to have an otherwise nice JT that has to sit out the meetas because it is not IR Sad

The stock, HL cast gear gearboxes would need to go.  Getting 3:1's to be low enough to fit a JP and cleat the mantlet housing has been a challenge in the past, but since these are now available, they might work?

http://www.immortalhobbies.com/immortal-store.php#!/Steel-Gearbox-4-to-1-Ratio-long-shaft/p/43020064/category=10646609

The look like they might have the same dimensions/proportions as the stock HL used in the JP.

Glen,

You meant JP not JT right ?

MikeC.
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Yeah, I just changed it.

We have a piece of equipment at work called a JT Valve, sometimes I get confused Wink

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 9:47 am

Scrap the backwards thinking and head for a 2A6.
There !! I said it.
Break the surly bonds of history and make your own.

Leopards are cute.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 10:25 am

Leopards, ho hum, all modern tanks look pretty much the same. And don't get me started on dull colours! Razz

With the IV you literally have 100's of choices of both details and camo to make it UNIQUE. And I know how much you like to detail and airbrush Glen... Very Happy

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 11:01 am

dgsselkirk wrote:
Leopards, ho hum, all modern tanks look pretty much the same. And don't get me started on dull colours! Razz

Yeah, there seems to be one,"factory" option as per this quote from the RCTankwarfare forum;

The story goes that originality all NATO tanks would use the same color and pattern so from engagement distance would all look the same so the Warsaw pact horde wouldn't know what they were fighting. Pretty sound plan for lots of reasons. Except only the Germans stuck to this idea.

Not like Tigers in early 1943, for example, the 2nd SS camo varied between the companies in the Div. Laughing

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 11:11 am

Lincs Winks Wayne wrote:

Leopards are cute.

Wayne

They also have Cindy Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O0EUc07QbM

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 11:28 am

I guess this isn't a yea or nea scenario.

More like which one I will do first.

Given enough time, I will likely make all of them up, eventually. Wink Laughing

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 11:34 am

Glen B wrote:
Lincs Winks Wayne wrote:

Leopards are cute.

Wayne

They also have Cindy Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O0EUc07QbM
No HoHum about that
Cindy is cute also

Wayne
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 11:43 am

I think Cindy is a little nervous about the camera in the turret. Notice on the last reload she forgets to arm the gun for firing before she grabs her brace! Poor girl she needs a hug after all that pressure... Razz

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 11:58 am

dgsselkirk wrote:
I think Cindy is a little nervous about the camera in the turret. Notice on the last reload she forgets to arm the gun for firing before she grabs her brace! Poor girl she needs a hug after all that pressure... Razz

The sad thing is, I think I have some boots in the basement that I still wear now and then that are older than Cindy affraid

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 12:04 pm

dgsselkirk wrote:
And don't get me started on dull colours! Razz

I could always do a fictitious camo..................

A 2A6 in Tiger Abt. 505 or Abt. 506 colours/markings, with the cavileer emblem on the side of the turret or the 506 tiger on the back of the turret Wink Laughing

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 7:55 am

I like to see you do a Leopard, just because it would be out of the norm for you and would like to see what you would do.

The any of the other three choices would be good to as we don't see many of them on the field, exceptional the tank destroyers.

So what ever you pick Glen it, I'm sure it will be a good one. thumbs up

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 8:02 am

Stince wrote:
would like to see what you would do.  

Thanks, but I was joking about the Abt. 505 or 506 colours and markings Wink

Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 10:48 am

Currently, the Leopard has the most votes, by one (but then one of those was mine, cast early on, just to kick things off Wink   ).

Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 7:22 pm

Stug - after all how many are there? Knispel needs some back up
Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 7:19 pm

Thx Man
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 12:32 pm

As much as I would like to make up a Leopard 2A6, I am starting to think about what some people, at least used to, say to their kids; "finish what you have on your plate, young man".

Perhaps I need to upgrade the existing "fleet".

Currently I have the following SLU tanks;

KT "Anneliese"

Taigen Tiger I Late

Panthers (2)

At a minimum the KT and Panthers will spontaneously shut down in the middle of a battle at random, but will run until their batteries are drained at home by themselves.  This is frustrating and makes them just about unusable.

Then there's;

Jagdpanther, HL airsoft

Stug III, DBC2 equipped (a "one hit wonder", no fun to bring out.

Perhaps I should look at;

1.) Clark conversion of the Taigen Tiger I

2.) Clark conversion of the JP or Stug III

Then gradually upgrade the rest.

Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 1:33 pm

As an fyi Glen I now have in stock King Tiger boards with the proper Maybach HL230 P30 engine sounds.
I haven't talked about them yet but they are on my website
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 1:41 pm

Freakydude wrote:
As an fyi Glen I now have in stock King Tiger boards with the proper Maybach HL230 P30 engine sounds.
I haven't talked about them yet but they are on my website

Well, it would appear that there is a lot of fleet upgrade potential. Laughing

Annielese the KT is on the potential upgrade list.

I also want to see if those upgrade gearboxes will fit a Jagdpanther.

Sgt-Major
Sgt-Major
Freakydude

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:35 pm

i'll let you know, I had to ship the last long shaft set I had. I will have more for next weekend for sure. They should though as the boxes look the same as stock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Next Project; Poll   My Next Project; Poll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Next Project; Poll

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next