Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» April 20th Field work morning and afternoon play!
KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» New Tank for the New Guy!!!
KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 11:31 pm

» COST TO UPGRADE A TANK TO BATTLEFIELD STANDARDS
KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 6:31 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES AND NEW MEMBERS!
KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» Cause Of Flooding over The Field
KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:46 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 pm

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeby MikeC Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:01 pm

» Work an Play Day April 6th!
KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:39 am

» Dragon 1/6 M4 Sherman 76mm
KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeby MikeC Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:09 am

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
KW GARRISON INFO I_vote_lcapKW GARRISON INFO I_voting_barKW GARRISON INFO I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
KW GARRISON INFO I_vote_lcapKW GARRISON INFO I_voting_barKW GARRISON INFO I_vote_rcap 
dgsselkirk
MikeC
Jarlath
Chimo
treemagnet
AngryMonkey
Hilario

KW GARRISON INFO

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 6:00 pm

O.K.  I had a big blurb written about all the benefits of membership and it disappeared somewhere... :-(

So here is the short and sweet version of what is going to go on here. Membership will be $150 a year. Now before you get in too much of a tizzy think of what we spend on tanks! LOL! For that money you get: 1. A full membership to the Waterloo Rod and Gun Club. 2. Your membership in the CanAm R/C Tank Club. 3. A new KW Garrison T-shirt. Of course, no one is obligated to pay for the KW Garrison to belong to Can-Am R/C Tank Club. If you choose you can just belong to Fort Erie alone of course. 

Now, what the Waterloo Rod and Gun Club membership allows us to to is have access to our battlefield basically 24/7 We can battle when ever we want! This is a good thing because I for sure will be spending time building all kinds of things into the field! It also gives you access to shooting ranges. BBQ's and special nights they have, horseshoes if that's your game, all kinds of other things. We will also be holding our winter events out there for the usual $15.00 a head charge to pay the hall fee if we use the big hall. We have access to a BBQ to do our lunches, the bar of course (and the booze is cheap) and a set of washrooms close to the battlefield. And I can see in the future whole weekend events. There is some limited camping facilities available that I am going to check out at the airshow on the 12th and 13th. 

Field plans - What will make this field different from Fort Erie you ask? well first it will be a little bigger. I am projecting 60 meters x 40 meters. Second it will be stripped packed earth rather than mostly grass. The only "paved roads" will be in the town. There will be a V-1 launch complex incorporated into a section of "hedgerow" country, as well as gun emplacements and bunker complexes all over, there will be plenty of terrain features with roads and switchbacks in among moderate hills and I am planning a tunnel or 2,  and last but not least, a real water feature solar powered running through the whole battlefield... :-) It will look sort of like Danville with some features from a new field currently being built in Spain. I envision a 5 year plan to complete all of it but the initial plan is to have something up and running for next May. I am lining up an excavator right now to do the strip and rough in the hills and water feature before winter so we get the pack down effect of the snow and cold. We have our own natural agent orange to keep any growth down. 

As always I am open to suggestions! 

So, let me know who thinks this all sounds good and are willing to part with a few more dollars to have access to another field. I really don't want to go it alone if there is no real support for this endeavor 

Here is the overview of the property. On the ground shots where you see the telephone poles and equipment, that will all be gone. In fact we are thinking of lining the perimeter of the field with the poles double stacked so you will be able to sit up and see the whole field. 

KW GARRISON INFO <a href=KW GARRISON INFO Rod_an10" />

The red dot is the Clemmer building which is where I will be setting up on the 12th and the 13. right across from all the flying action... Here is the ground view

KW GARRISON INFO <a href=KW GARRISON INFO Graphi10" />

We will be inside the white fenced in area so no one will be walking across our battlefield...

and here is the projected actual built battlefield:

KW GARRISON INFO <a href=KW GARRISON INFO Rod_an11" />

And a couple of views from the ground:

KW GARRISON INFO <a href=KW GARRISON INFO Dscn9810" />

KW GARRISON INFO <a href=KW GARRISON INFO Dscn9811" />

KW GARRISON INFO <a href=KW GARRISON INFO Dscn9812" />

KW GARRISON INFO <a href=KW GARRISON INFO Dscn9813" />

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 8:04 pm

Dean

Very impressive.

I can tell that you have put a great deal of thought and effort into this, it shows.

I like the idea of the packed earth, I think it will be easy on the "running gear" reducing the number of thrown tracks.

Being on the executive of a gun club (smaller than this one) I know the dues are in keeping with the facility, these clubs have expenses such as insurance that they can't operate without, taxes, utilities etc. and dues help pay for these.

Field Marshal
Field Marshal

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 9:38 am

Dean, I am in.
Back to top Go down
Capp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Capp

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 10:21 am

Looks good to me, its still a fair hike for me though. So I have 2 questions. 1. Will there be storage there for the buildings etc? like fort erie has the trailer. I realize that it sounds like you are wanting this quite perminent which is great,but will the buildings/tress etc stand up? and 2. Reguarding the dues is it per person or for a family? As I am unable to get out that way as often as I would like.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 10:53 am

I will start with the second question first. Here is what I can do, membership per family but if 2 of you show up one pays a $20 fee. This is what the Flying Club does too so it works for those who may only come 2 or 3 times a year. I think this is fair.

Yes, we will have a storage facility for the things that would need protecting like buildings. Actually the tress are no issue except to take them in for the winter so I will be making some deeper forests than we usually see at Ft. Erie. So if anyone comes across old suitable Christmas trees save them for me... For a lot of the ground emplacements I am thinking of using wooden covers for the season rather than dismantle them all the time. The 1/18 soldiers that we use are pretty durable and I will be making gun and mortar batteries out of outdoor materials so that will be no issue. Of course we will bring everything in for winter.

Here are a couple of pics to whet you appetite

I am going to make this type of emplacement  with concrete poured into javex bottles with inserts to make them hollow. You pour with out the insert first a couple of inches deep. That makes the top. Then you put in the insert pour 6" deep and that goes into the ground. You put small blocks to seperate the lid from the body and viola! A cememnt gun emplacement! :-) So this would be a relatively permanent structure.
KW GARRISON INFO <a href=KW GARRISON INFO Battle10" />

This type of gun emplacement is the type I am thinking for the lids.
KW GARRISON INFO <a href=KW GARRISON INFO Battle11" />

And here is what they do for trees at Danville...

KW GARRISON INFO <a href=KW GARRISON INFO Battle12" />

And some shots from Texas. Note the tunnels! :-)
KW GARRISON INFO <a href=KW GARRISON INFO Battle13" />

KW GARRISON INFO <a href=KW GARRISON INFO Battle14" />

Also things like the little cement hedgehogs, and Czech iron girder obstacles are another thing that can stay outside for the season...

As you can appriciate I will be looking for any donations like buildings, trees, structures, bridges, etc...

Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 10:59 am

Oh, and soldiers. We are going to need lots and lots of soldiers! :-)

Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 11:02 am

MikeC wrote:
Dean, I am in.
 Thanks Michael, I knew you would be one of the first! :-) I appreciate the support!

Dean

Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 10:08 pm

Wow! Woo! This is excellent, and I'm totally on board Razz

If anyone else is also into any kind of firearms, $150 is a STEAL for a club membership. There are shooting ranges in the area that are into $300+ just to go pew pew pew with a .22...

Dean, I had the urge to cast some 'ruined' buildings out of concrete, different sizes and shapes and maybe only 3-4 walls at most, simple flat designs that you can pour out flat. Would you want a bunch?

dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 9:54 am

Of course, next time we get together we  will discuss...

Back to top Go down
topher1266
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 7:50 pm

Now why the heck couldn't you have come up with this a year ago LOL. It would be nice to come play with my tanks then breakout the Ruger and blast some targets. Get me some plans and I'll weld up a bridge or two or Radar towers or both.
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 9:41 am

I am working on drawings for the layout as we speak. If you wanted to Chris and they don't have to be fancy like this but a whack of dragons teeth would be great if you could. I have some that were made of small angle iron just welded together on the angles like this. The pieces were about 5" long that were used.
KW GARRISON INFO <a href=KW GARRISON INFO Dragon10" />

Back to top Go down
topher1266
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 10:39 am

What is the angle size, I know length is 5" but is it 1/2" x 1/2" smaller or bigger?
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 10:43 am

1/2 x 1/2 works...

Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 10:53 am

I'll raise your hedgehogs one... 

KW GARRISON INFO M4A3-Sherman-105mm-Dozer-latrun-1

dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 10:57 am

I saw a video of this somewhere and the guy was cruising along till his blade caught something and flipped the tank right over the blade! LOL!

Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 1:01 pm

Well here is my tentative 3 year plan boys, appreciate any input. Yes, it is going to be a busy field! Takes away fast tanks advantage a bit but will still have good space.... any questions let me know! 

KW GARRISON INFO <a href=KW GARRISON INFO Battle15" />

Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 5:31 pm

I think we might lose a few tanks in there... Wink

Stince
General
General
Stince

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 6:23 pm

This looks like a very ambition plan, are sure you be able to fit it all in.  Shocked

It's hard for me to help with the field, but if send me some reference pictures of the buildings you want I can at least help with that.  

I just finished reorganizing my garage so I'm ready to start building.  bounce

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 6:35 pm

If they give me all the property they indicated will be no problem. Like I said I am looking at a 3 year plan. First thing that has to happen is get the ground stripped and find some type of storage device for everything... 

If you can make it on Saturday for a while that would be great Derek. The weather is a little iffy but it may be worth it to see the property and talk to everyone.

Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 10:24 pm

That layout looks like it would accommodate all kinds of battle scenarios .Also what a great time to showcase the club .See you Sat.
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 12:10 pm

It was nice chatting with you Dean.
For storage solutions, you may be able to find items such as Gang Tool boxes on Kijiji.
KW GARRISON INFO $_35
$75 in Windsor and is 5' wide, 2.5' deep, and 4' tall. Just a suggestion since I doubt a 20' sea can is possible...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 12:13 pm

Too small unfortunately. Have thought about a 20 foot container but more likely will go the trailer route.

Back to top Go down
kwa
Corporal
Corporal
kwa

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 12:49 pm

I would be in for the plan too. I haven't been shooting in ages. My Winchester 9422 is feeling neglected! I'd have to wait till next year to do the fee though. 

I only found this thread cause it was reopened. It's good to bump things up to the top once in a while.

Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Jughead

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 6:38 pm

Good that somebody found this post , I never knew it existed , since I joined in November 2015 , I'm definitely in to this deal , Dean maybe you can update us new guys on this project , you told me a little bit about it , but didn't know it was this extreme , awesome
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 2:47 pm

I'm still perfectly willing to drive around a rented Kabota digger / hauler for a day Very Happy

Sponsored content

KW GARRISON INFO Empty
PostSubject: Re: KW GARRISON INFO   KW GARRISON INFO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KW GARRISON INFO

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next