Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello new here
New Guy without a clue Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:49 am

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
New Guy without a clue Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:36 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
New Guy without a clue Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
New Guy without a clue Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
New Guy without a clue Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
New Guy without a clue Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
New Guy without a clue Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
New Guy without a clue Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

New Guy without a clue Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
New Guy without a clue I_vote_lcapNew Guy without a clue I_voting_barNew Guy without a clue I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
New Guy without a clue I_vote_lcapNew Guy without a clue I_voting_barNew Guy without a clue I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

New Guy without a clue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rugged
Private

New Guy without a clue Empty
PostSubject: New Guy without a clue   New Guy without a clue Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 2:50 pm

Hello all. I'm totally new to the RC world. I worked with Ian years ago, and saw some of his collection. I'd never seen an RC tank and wanted one immediately. Now finally I have (my first Wink ) one. Just got a HL Tiger1 airsoft with metal upgrades. This forum has already been a big help as I tear into it. Thanks in advance for your help and patience.
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: New Guy without a clue   New Guy without a clue Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 4:15 pm

Good choice, and welcome aboard! Always good to talk to the new guys interested in the hobby, and there's lots to explore in this one. We have a good solid core of experienced modelers here so ask anything you want. Ian is a good mentor! ... just remember he'll always convince you to get one more Wink

Did you buy yours brand new? If so, from where and what particular upgrades? The Tiger has nearly everything modable so it's a good platform.

knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: New Guy without a clue   New Guy without a clue Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 8:03 pm

Yup ,if you got  one from Ian  you are on the right track . See you on the battle field .
PS : Tiger you say.... welcome to the fight
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Rugged
Private

PostSubject: Re: New Guy without a clue   New Guy without a clue Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 6:39 pm

I bought it new from Matomart. It has the metal gears, tracks and drive wheels. I was just going to use it as-is but hanging around with Jughead has changed my plans. It's all in pieces to improve some of the plastic weak points. And , yes, a second tank is in the works.
Back to top Go down
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: New Guy without a clue   New Guy without a clue Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 12:39 am

The Tiger is a very easy tank to get carried away (Not in a very bad way...) ordering upgrades one after the other, there are just so many parts available. In my experience the idler mounts are the main weak point so for now mind your terrain and keep the turns gradual over grass. 

Weight kills the Tiger, but tracks aren't as bad as they seem.. they're already sitting on the ground Wink

When we have our first meets I'll bring a couple examples and show you how insane the internals can get Razz

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Guy without a clue   New Guy without a clue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Guy without a clue

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: Command Post :: Introductions-