Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Today at 6:24 pm

» Hello new here
attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeby MikeC Today at 5:38 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
attempting to build a smoke unit I_vote_lcapattempting to build a smoke unit I_voting_barattempting to build a smoke unit I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
attempting to build a smoke unit I_vote_lcapattempting to build a smoke unit I_voting_barattempting to build a smoke unit I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

attempting to build a smoke unit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Negaduck
Captain
Captain
Negaduck

attempting to build a smoke unit Empty
PostSubject: attempting to build a smoke unit   attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 7:41 pm

I've been thinking about building my own smoke unit base on the TARR smoke unit but using the element from an E cigarette just for the hell of it. I've tested it out and it does burn the smoke oil very well however when i use a power from a low grade lipo battery it just fires the element. Make me wonder what kind of power output the clark board put to a smoker. looking at the TARR element it looks a lot like a threaded rod with wire caps on each end and when it is running it does not glow. more then likely its because of its size.

here is what i've learned so far
- Its easier to buy it on ebay but then i don't get to do science stuff
- You will need a high speed fan to push the air into the unit and out the tubes
- E cigarette elements are crap to work with, take apart, the wicks fall apart the moment it see day light, has 2 very thin wire heating elements and if you try to use the main unit you will need a tiny compressor to force air into it to get it to work plus i dont think its a good idea to wire it up to the clark

I think i will keep looking into the TARR style of heating element but i think a fan will be the most important thing to get first and with the way sayal help me last time i was there i will be looking for a new electronic store

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: attempting to build a smoke unit   attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 10:27 pm

you can get dirt cheap 5v fans offa Ebay...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Negaduck
Captain
Captain
Negaduck

PostSubject: Re: attempting to build a smoke unit   attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 4:10 pm

I braved hooking up the E's element to the clark and. . . . . . . it really lights up. and fries. so E cigarettes will only work with its own low power source

General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: attempting to build a smoke unit   attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 5:29 pm

Well if you just very quickly check the voltage from the e-cig battery(s), you can get a rough idea what it's limits are. Even 2 AA's is only 3v, and the Clark will be dumping out 6-7.2V+ to whatever it's smoker outlet is... You're a fire starter Russel Razz

Negaduck
Captain
Captain
Negaduck

PostSubject: Re: attempting to build a smoke unit   attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 7:16 pm

funny you say that. I had this playing in the background when it really started glowing

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: attempting to build a smoke unit   attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 9:40 am

For the price of them from Poland why try to re-invent the wheel...

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Negaduck
Captain
Captain
Negaduck

PostSubject: Re: attempting to build a smoke unit   attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 4:55 pm

!!!!SCIENCE!!!!
attempting to build a smoke unit 42636411

or i'm bored

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: attempting to build a smoke unit   attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 4:56 pm

Good God man if you are that bored I have 4 tanks sitting here ready to be built...

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Negaduck
Captain
Captain
Negaduck

PostSubject: Re: attempting to build a smoke unit   attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 8:14 pm

you know me. i like doing the wiring work from clark boards to reserves

Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: attempting to build a smoke unit   attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 6:11 am

Hey Russel, you have seen the e-cig blowup video's ,right?
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Negaduck
Captain
Captain
Negaduck

PostSubject: Re: attempting to build a smoke unit   attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 12:15 pm

oh ya. most of those are people that play with it to up the voltage, make their own elements all so they can get the biggest vape cloud. all the others are from crap lipo batteries

Captain
Captain
Negaduck

PostSubject: Re: attempting to build a smoke unit   attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 9:17 pm

I have found a high speed fan that will work with the clark. The WTF (wild turbo fan 6v-8.4v) one step closer to finishing it but for the heating element i may try taking apart a hair dryer and trying different lengths of that

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: attempting to build a smoke unit   attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 11:15 pm

Negaduck wrote:
funny you say that. I had this playing in the background when it really started glowing

is that Jim Carrey...lol

Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: attempting to build a smoke unit   attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Negaduck wrote:
I have found a high speed fan that will work with the clark. The WTF (wild turbo fan 6v-8.4v) one step closer to finishing it but for the heating element i may try taking apart a hair dryer and trying different lengths of that
i tried soldering to toaster elements before i was going to do this to but it wouldn't solder to it maybe i was missing something or there may be something you have to do to it to have the solder stick to it

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: attempting to build a smoke unit   attempting to build a smoke unit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

attempting to build a smoke unit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1