Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Today at 12:49 pm

» Hello new here
transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:49 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
transporting tank cases I_vote_lcaptransporting tank cases I_voting_bartransporting tank cases I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
transporting tank cases I_vote_lcaptransporting tank cases I_voting_bartransporting tank cases I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Negaduck
Smittyburger

transporting tank cases

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bud
Retired
Bud

transporting tank cases Empty
PostSubject: transporting tank cases   transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 1:43 pm

I have a Chinese tank with fuel barrels on the rear. They are very fragile and break off easy. I really like them. That is one of the reasons I bought this tank. It came with a wood case like Ed uses. I would venture to guess he made this one. I have problems as I have a rough time with steps and with this box in front of me it is really hard to do them. Also both hands are full so when I come to a door I can't open it. These boxes are great if you are not an old codger like me. So I tried a cobalt box and it was too short. I tried a Dewalt box that said it was 28 and 1/2 inches long but with all of the reinforcing it ended up 25 inches inside which is too close. I would break the barrels off every time I loaded it. Are the leopards this long. My length is with the turret turned to the back. Are the challengers this long or is this the only one that long?
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: transporting tank cases   transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 2:10 pm

The ZTZ is one of the earliest Heng Long model and suffer from less than sturdy plastic. Challenger and the new T-90 has better constructions and better plastic but the rear fuel tanks are still a weak link. Leo and M1A2 doesn't have external fuel tanks.

If you are looking for a new modern my M1A2 is for sale with an American tanker.

MikeC.
Back to top Go down
knispel
Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: transporting tank cases   transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 2:04 pm

Hey Bud how about a couple of wheels  and a folding handle to pull the case?
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Bud
Retired
Bud

PostSubject: Re: transporting tank cases   transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 7:35 pm

My younger son thought about doing that.
Back to top Go down
Lincs Winks Wayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Lincs Winks Wayne

PostSubject: Re: transporting tank cases   transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 9:12 pm

Bud wrote:
My younger son thought about doing that.
Bud;
Have you rotated the barrel to the rear so the tank is shorter.
That's what I do with my Leopard.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
Bud
Retired
Bud

PostSubject: Re: transporting tank cases   transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 7:31 am

yes I turn the turret. It is still 24 and 1/2 inches long. Sorry I didn't use metric.
Back to top Go down
MikeC
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

PostSubject: Re: transporting tank cases   transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 10:11 am

We really don't use metrics here for smaller measurements.......  :-)
Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: transporting tank cases   transporting tank cases Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 7:54 pm

But 250mm long sounds better than a measly 10 inches...
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: transporting tank cases   transporting tank cases Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

transporting tank cases

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1