So acquired a HL T-34/85 tank whose purpose was to be my prototype upgrade test unit.
I've gutted the battery box and epoxied in two hull stiffeners.
Discovered that while a heated exacto blade (Via soldering iron) allows for very good fine cutting control, it is very slow and tedious.... Being able to heat up the blade and just plunge cut through the thickest plastic portions of the hull is damned satisfying however... After 20 minutes of carving I stopped, hooked up the dremel with the router attachment and set my cut depth to have a uniform cut from the lower outside hull. Worked much faster... Way more mess though (dust/shavings).
Over the cut-outs for the swing arm limits I put in some C channel plastic to allow a good clean pour of resin for additional stiffening at the motor mount area and to create a nice smooth mounting surface for boards/battery/receiver/etc... (Resin pour will hopefully be tonight...) I did find my C-Channels stick into the hull too far to allow the motor/gearboxes to mount properly so I will have to trim them down...
Images will follow later.