Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Field Work Meet Up Thread
The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:36 am

» Hello new here
The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Today at 12:13 am

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 11:59 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Abteilung 506
The Toronto Hobby Show I_vote_lcapThe Toronto Hobby Show I_voting_barThe Toronto Hobby Show I_vote_rcap 
Hammertime999999999
The Toronto Hobby Show I_vote_lcapThe Toronto Hobby Show I_voting_barThe Toronto Hobby Show I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

The Toronto Hobby Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

The Toronto Hobby Show Empty
PostSubject: The Toronto Hobby Show   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:43 am

This morning I decided to call the organizer of the Toronto Hobby Show as the web site still lists the show as being active for this year.

We spoke for a good 10 minutes on how the economy has effected the hobby industry and also chatted about the limited response he has gotten from the hobby industry. He did confirm for me, there will be NO hobby show this year but asked that I check back again next year as he suggested it might happen again if the response is there.

So, there you have it, straight from the source.

Stinger

Can-Am Tank Club <<< Web site link

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member2.html
TeTris MoNk
Sergeant
Sergeant
TeTris MoNk

PostSubject: Re: The Toronto Hobby Show   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:58 am

Last year it was cancelled as well.... It is not looking good for them at all Sad
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: The Toronto Hobby Show   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Thanks for checking that out (even if we don't like the answer to the question).

It is too bad it is isn't going ahead, having something like that in Nov. would ease the thought of the oncoming winter.

.....and I had planned to fill the SUV up from the Mato booth Sad

Well, my contingency plan was to modify the JP to IR, so that will go ahead, for sure.

Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: The Toronto Hobby Show   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:09 pm

Speaking of Mato, I went to their web site today to buy some stuff. The site is a disaster. Most of the buttons don't work including anything on how to order or contact them. Has anyone had any luck buying anything from them and if so, how did you do it ?

Stinger

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: The Toronto Hobby Show   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:57 pm

What browser are you using? Their site works better with Windows Explorer.

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: ote   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:14 pm

That's exactly what I am using. Most of buttons do not work. If someone can provide a phone number I'll just call them.

Stinger

Back to top Go down
TeTris MoNk
Sergeant
Sergeant
TeTris MoNk

PostSubject: Re: The Toronto Hobby Show   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:38 pm

I use Google Chrome. I know its a useless site for Mozilla Firefox.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: The Toronto Hobby Show   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:49 pm

You can try emailing them the order and tell them why you didn't do online.

support@matomart.com

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: The Toronto Hobby Show   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 7:54 pm

Stince wrote:
You can try emailing them the order and tell them why you didn't do online.

[email=support@matomart.com
support@matomart.com[/quote[/email]]

I did... but, cant order, cant see any pricing either.

Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: The Toronto Hobby Show   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Not sure what is going on, I didn't have any problems with the site, earlier today and I just tried it again and got on.

Retired
knispel

PostSubject: Re: The Toronto Hobby Show   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Can,t believe the show is cancelled again . There must be a lot of people who need a deversion from every day issues that a hobby can provide . I wonder if the cost of the site is just too much
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member4.html
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: The Toronto Hobby Show   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:24 pm

Stinger wrote:
That's exactly what I am using. Most of buttons do not work. If someone can provide a phone number I'll just call them.

Stinger

no number i tried sending an email so i will see what they say let you know when they contact me
Back to top Go down
http://mdart8.wix.com/a-custom-rc-tanks  http://www.rcuniverse.c
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: The Toronto Hobby Show   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:00 am

They contacted me today telling me they had server issues that have all been fixed. I tried it again this evening and now it works. Seems that I brought it to their attention as they were not aware of the issues.

LOOK AT ALL THAT GOOD STUFF !!!

Candy store is open for business.

lol

Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: The Toronto Hobby Show   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:02 am

awesome let the spending begin...lol
Back to top Go down
http://mdart8.wix.com/a-custom-rc-tanks  http://www.rcuniverse.c
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: The Toronto Hobby Show   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:12 am

Muuuuhahahahaaa....

Noticed a Pz IV on sale.... investigating. hmmmmm

Back to top Go down
real_hulu
Sergeant
Sergeant
real_hulu

PostSubject: Re: The Toronto Hobby Show   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:51 am

I really don't know if matomart updates their website. I noticed the Sherman is till out of stock. I remember they told me it would be in stock in July.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Toronto Hobby Show   The Toronto Hobby Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Toronto Hobby Show

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1