Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Today at 12:49 pm

» Hello new here
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:49 am

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Today at 6:11 am

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 I_voting_barTim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 I_vote_lcapTim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 I_voting_barTim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:15 pm

Suspension assembled and primed. You can see the nice metal torsion bars.

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Leo2-2

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Leo1-2

Half the fun is in the assembly of these tanks. I need paint before I can continue with the lower hull. I'll switch to the upper tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:22 pm

That does look very impressive in the design an quality.

I am looking forward to seeing more of it Very Happy

General
General
Strato50

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Is that solid metal? I mean as opposed to the asiatams with plastic shells.. That's gorgeous!

Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:48 pm

There are a few plastic bits. You can see the track tensioner in the upper right of the first photo.
Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:49 pm

bet when you seen all that metal you were like ...OOOOOOOOOOOOOH YAAAAAAA
Back to top Go down
http://mdart8.wix.com/a-custom-rc-tanks  http://www.rcuniverse.c
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:30 am

There are a lot of screws in it. The suspension support is 10 times better than the plastic one I had. It also has all the mounting points for the motors and a turret ring. Its performance should be much better.
Back to top Go down
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:03 am

Suspension finished and painted (except for the return rollers... Tamiya cheaped out with these plastics. At least they have metal axles)

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Leo3-1

Here is a pic of the Idler wheel tensioner. I think I am going to add a bearing to this. This kit was first released back in the late 70s, so there is some poor design here.

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Leo4-1
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:27 am

Looking good Smile

Looks like it will keep you occupied for a while, I am guessing it won't be ready for the Sept. meet ;

PS: as much as we'd like to see it, I imagine it will stay at home in its present state, wouldn't want to be sifting through the grass under the tables for any little parts Shocked

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:54 pm

going to be a nice looking tank Tim
Back to top Go down
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 5:56 pm

A very productive day at the King Tank Works.

Tracks installed
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Leo5-1

Gear Boxes installed with 400 series motors
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Leo7-1

Spare track links and extras added to the rear hull
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Leo6-1

Turret ring added
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Leo8-1

She should be ready for some electronics tomorrow and we can give her a test drive.
Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 6:08 pm

wow Tim

you might have it ready for the next battle

very cool
Back to top Go down
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 pm

I am debating if I should give it NATO Camo.
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Unknown-leopard-tank-c1-12
Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 00000010

i kind of like it myself this in my 1/24 scale Abrams
Back to top Go down
Glen B
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Glen B

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Just my comment, for what its worth, but I like the NATO.

Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Ya, I am starting to like it more. I would need to add a few things as it would be a later version of the C1 (different mantle camera and a few more stowage mounts.

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Leopard_c1_01_of_45

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Leopard_c1_12_of_45
Back to top Go down
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:53 am

I found this video this moningl. Ian was asking for some of my source links. Here is a great one.

Back to top Go down
Stinger
Captain
Captain
Stinger

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:01 am

If you have 45 mins to spare...worth the watch. Thanx Tim !

Stinger

Can-Am Tank Club <<< Web site link

Tiger I | King Tiger | Panther G | PzIII | PzIV | Stug IV | SturmTiger | Pershing/Howitzer | M16 Halftrack | M26 Super Pershing | M48 Patton | M41 Bulldog | Gepard | Leopard | KV-1 | KV-2 |T-34 |
Back to top Go down
http://canamtankclub.homestead.com/Member2.html
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 10:23 am

I can't imagine what it must have been like to sit oh the front line, training day after day, waiting for the Red Army to thunder across the Fuda Gap towards you.
Back to top Go down
real_hulu
Sergeant
Sergeant
real_hulu

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Nice built, My T-55 will have a competitor on the battle field. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:24 pm

SLU installed with working track motors, so she will be able to scoot around the field. The turret will take more time as most of the customization and detail is on it.
Back to top Go down
Stince
General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Can't wait to hear it!

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:21 pm

You know you are sick when you start modeling weld lines.

Jerry Cans are 1/18 cheap-o ones that I got on Ebay that are perfect for it.

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Leo9-1

Misc periscopes, covers and other Canadian do-dads scratch built.
Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Leo10-1
Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:52 pm

looking good

you should asked for Jerry cans i think i had a couple here
Back to top Go down
Fireman Tim
Corporal
Corporal
Fireman Tim

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Well I finally got some time to work on my Leo. Last 2 months have been hell for me, but that's another story.
Tamiya barrel elevation motor broke a gear Sad so I need to replace it with a dependable Heng Long unit.

Barrel recoil is giving me trouble, and the list goes on.

This build has not been as much fun as my others.

I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:06 pm

keep at it Tim it will work out can't wait to see done pics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU   Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tim's New Tamiya Leopard C1 build with Custom SLU

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next