Can-Am RC Tank Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Miscellaneous Images 2024
New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 10:26 pm

» Field Work Meet Up Thread
New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeby Abteilung 506 Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» Tongde Pro Churchills for sale
New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Hello new here
New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeby MikeC Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Aquino - July 26-28 2024
New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:04 pm

» 2024 CLUB DUES.....
New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeby dgsselkirk Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:07 pm

» Taigen KV metal swing arms
New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeby MikeC Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:10 pm

» Informal Uncertified Battle Days 2024
New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeby Hammertime999999999 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

» HERITAGECON 2024
New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:38 pm

Top posting users this month
Hammertime999999999
New RC Tank arrival I_vote_lcapNew RC Tank arrival I_voting_barNew RC Tank arrival I_vote_rcap 
Abteilung 506
New RC Tank arrival I_vote_lcapNew RC Tank arrival I_voting_barNew RC Tank arrival I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
dgsselkirk
Jarlath
Maczek
Bktanker
ZackM
Smittyburger
Negaduck

New RC Tank arrival

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shooter
Private
Shooter

New RC Tank arrival Empty
PostSubject: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 5:24 pm

Hello all! Im new to the RC tank world, I have owned my first 1/16 scale tank for about a yr. and a half now and have been upgrading since.... and now looking for battlefield competitions near my home location which is near Detroit Michigan... after further research of locations ontario was the closest to me about 4hr. drive time which really sucks!! but never the less I would love to attend one at a furture time.
I use to play w.o.tanks all the time but wore myself out and now just enjoy the rc level when I get the chance. Looks like every battle that takes place at the clubs battlefield you have to have the tamiya battle system upgrade which is something I dont have at the moment, Im still hoping they develop a airsoft 6mm paintball round for the battletanks? crossing my fingers and hope it is created? Look forward to hearing from any members about upcoming battle locations near Michigan if at all possible? 
Keep on Tanking
Back to top Go down
dougjobe
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 6:06 pm

welcome shooter to the forum nice to see new tankers we had a battle day today in Fort Erie good time as usual by all just to let you know we have two members from ohio who come to our meets long drive yes but a good group of guys at all the fields we do have three Fort Erie Kitchener and Mississauga watch the forum under battle days for meets Doug Aye Aye
Back to top Go down
Shooter
Private
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 7:37 pm

Thanks for the welcome Doug, 
Today was a good day so let me tell you a story about how I found your RC Club website. I started off by purchasing upgrades for my tank this morning, so my fiance decided to look up tank clubs in Michigan and google brought her to the site called Frag RC Club! So on the webpage was a little google map for that club which was located in Littleton Colorado. Well what a coincidence, it just so happened to be right near a Hotel that we were going to at in September for a vacation in Colorado! So after reseaching Frag RC Club website I was blown away by the outdoor battlefield recreation site him and his members created so I thought to myself I gotta see this and visit while were there on Vaction right! So my fiance tells me to call him and set up a visit time because he listed his phone number on his site and I did. I called Paul he is the admin. and Commander of his Club, we talk for awhile and I tell him I wish there was a club closer to Michigan so he remembers Can-Am Rc club and thats why Im here today!
Good to hear you have two members from ohio it would be a better opportunity for me to car pool depending on where they live of course
I would travel into canada from Detroit to get there....closer

Will Green aka (Shooter)

Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 10:06 pm

Shooter go to  battle days on the forum you will see 2018 battle day schedule gives dates of battles and location if you can make it you would be welcome just watch the forum to make sure it does not get canceled due to weather they always advise that way no comes a long way to find no body there we have had quite a lot of rain on Fort Erie battle days this year bye the way go to Danville rc tank club web site you will be impressed of there club talk soon Doug Aye Aye
Back to top Go down
hachleopard2
Captain
Captain
hachleopard2

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 12:15 am

Hello Will! You can check out all battle in this youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBy0mJDZgV4HpgVnoMb3V3w/videos
Back to top Go down
Shooter
Private
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 1:55 pm

Thanks Leopard for the info I'll check them out..... and looking forward to watching any videos of the battle yesterday the 11th... 

Dan, yeah its anazing a very impressive battlefield down in VA. im sure when I check your schedule I'll be motivated to hurry and purchase the battle system upgrade for my tank to compete with you all... looking forward to it.
Aye Aye

Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 4:05 pm

we had a battle at my place once but i have a small yard ...lol 

https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com/t1720-central-ave-battle?highlight=windsor+battle

Shooter
Private
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2018 8:58 pm

Cool video Airbrushler, and pics

Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:04 am

shooter nice pic of the sherman I have the exact same tank love the suspension Aye Aye
Back to top Go down
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 2:05 pm

Greetings Will!

Yes, FRAG has a beautiful field! Took them 18 years to get it to that state. I talk to Paul off and on...

Yes, it is a bit of a jaunt for you. We have a couple of members in the Windsor area who make the trek. To make it worthwhile you might consider our battle weekend in Kitchener in Sept. in conjunction with the largest R/C aircraft show in Canada. Great weekend of fun and lots to see and do... Very Happy

Here is the video Hach did of last years show...                          
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGBYGngyQPE

Too many tanks, not enough time....
Back to top Go down
Shoveler74
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Shoveler74

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Welcome Shooter!

Fellow tanker from the States. All of the Can-Am battlefields are a lot of fun. Each has it's own challenges. Great group of guys and gals make the drive well worth it!

I've been to the AAF a couple times as well. Their indoor field has its own appeal. A quite a bit longer drive though!

Cheers and looking forward to seeing you soon!

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 5:12 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
Shooter
Private
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 8:07 pm

Thanks Jarlath! 

Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 9:34 pm

Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Bud
Retired
Bud

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 11:42 pm

Get to know the guys in Windsor. They are a great bunch. Airbrushler is a terrific painter. He did some painting for me.And Derek and his daughter Scout.She is equal to any guy on the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
Shooter
Private
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 3:59 pm

Thanks Treemagnet, 

Yeah Bud,
I'll talk to Airbrushler and looks like your in Windsor as well, maybe we all could get together? My Tank is more of the modern era, not WWII Sad  it was a gift Smile.

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 4:09 pm

You talking the easy 8 in the picture?

Back to top Go down
Bud
Retired
Bud

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Windsor,

I live in Windsor, Ohio not Windsor, Ontario. I have a running joke going with Greg about I have a Windsor east battlefield.

ohio
Back to top Go down
Shooter
Private
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Are any of my response messages getting back to you guys. Ive been responding by pvt. messages? Because getting a lot of welcomes from all individually.....

Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Yep, sent back a PM...

Back to top Go down
Jarlath
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Jarlath

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 5:27 pm

No PM to me. I feel left out.... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.tpf-online.com
dgsselkirk
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
dgsselkirk

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 5:29 pm

I'll send you one if it will make you feel better big guy...  Laughing

Back to top Go down
Shooter
Private
Shooter

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 7:44 pm

Aye Aye

General
General
Stince

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 8:03 pm

Welcome to the forum Will!

I’m just right across the border from you.

Back to top Go down
https://can-amrctankclub.canadian-forum.com
Airbrushler
Retired
Airbrushler

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 10:36 pm

Bud wrote:
Windsor,

I live in Windsor, Ohio not Windsor, Ontario. I have a running joke going with Greg about I have a Windsor east battlefield.

ohio

How is your battlefield Bud...lol

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New RC Tank arrival   New RC Tank arrival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New RC Tank arrival

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next