The CAN-AM RC Tank Club is a group of remote control tank enthusiasts that meet together to run our tanks on a miniature battlefield and conduct simulated battles using Infrared combat systems.

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Heng Guan (HG) New releases.
Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Today at 10:46 am

» Outcome of tonight...
Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  Icon_minitimeby Jarlath Yesterday at 6:43 pm

» Random Postings
Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  Icon_minitimeby Negaduck Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:44 pm

» anyone looking for accessories
Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  Icon_minitimeby Captain Action Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:35 pm

» Strato's KV-1b 756(r)
Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:55 pm

» German helmet decals 1/16
Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  Icon_minitimeby treemagnet Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:15 pm

» October 5th! Come and and kick some butt...
Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  Icon_minitimeby Airbrushler Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:51 pm

» Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!
Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  Icon_minitimeby Strato50 Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:26 am

» Tanker of the Year Points Standings 2019
Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  Icon_minitimeby Stince Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:51 pm

Top posting users this month
Jarlath
Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  I_vote_lcapTank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  I_voting_barTank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  I_vote_rcap 
Strato50
Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  I_vote_lcapTank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  I_voting_barTank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  I_vote_rcap 
MikeC
Shoveler74
dgsselkirk
Stince
Airbrushler
treemagnet
Negaduck
Lincs Winks Wayne

Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Strato50
General
General
Strato50

Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  Empty
PostSubject: Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!    Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 4:26 am

So the topic came up, again, of hit points and generally how different tanks are used or preferred in our battles. Since forever the general standard of mimicking Tamiya's Light / Medium / Heavy format has been the norm, but some alternatives have been suggested! 

Dean, myself and a smattering of others discussed this briefly during the last battle day and I'd like to see any input we can get. Dean's idea was to essentially give everyone 9 hit points regardless of model theoretically leveling the playing field, leaving speed and driver skill (or lack of skill  Shocked ) the main deciding factors.

On a whim I came up with giving everyone with programmable tanks (Clark, IBU..?.. Tamiya's with switches?) a max of THREE hits and six seconds to reload. No more charging face first into the enemy lines for a knife fight. This of course limits some of the heavy Tamiya tanks as I'm told they cannot change as easily. I don't mess with those gizmo's so I don't know... 

Anyhoo, with Clark tanks either is super easy and I'd love to try a few battles in either format Smile

Tank Classes & Hit Points, a discussion!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Can-Am RC Tank Club :: Assembly Area :: BattleDays-